Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
So, are there any browsers that are actually touch-friendly? I just got a surface and FF, Chrome, and IE are all a pile of dicks to interact with on the touch screen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

isndl posted:

I've seen Metro IE get a lot of praise for its touch-friendliness, but for some reason Microsoft won't allow you to use it if you have another browser set as your default. It'll literally be stripped from your start menu if you do.

That explains it. FF is my default. I'm not gonna change that either, because I won't do without my noscript, adblock, etc when on Youtube and such. gently caress watching ads.

Next question: Is there a way to get autocorrect to turn off when my keyboard cover is plugged in? I want it on for the touch keyboard, but it kept trying to rewrite swear words I was typing on my physical keyboard last night and it was driving me crazy.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
Is there a touchscreen middle-click or am I stuck with longpress+open in new tab to open links in a new tab in firefox? I've given up on using the win8 awful app because it doesn't handle character encoding or embedded images well, but normally in a browser I like to open all the threads I'm going to read in a subforum in tabs at once.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
On my surface pro 3, I've been having an issue with the audio for a few weeks. It used to be that when I plugged something into the headphone jack, Windows immediately switched to the headphone playback device. Now, windows absolutely will not switch to the headphones unless I right click on the speaker icon and open the Playback Devices menu. Then it switches without me actually clicking anything in the menu. Anyone experience this and find a fix?

• Locked thread