Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Speaking of thrusters, anyone got a recommendation for a short Small-Block 3x3 thruster?

I'm upgrading my shuttles from this;

To this;

And the engine pods aren't exactly looking as good as they could because of the 2x3 thrusters. The wider engine pods are for FTL drives, incidentally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

If you want to post a new space/medieval engineers thread, why not post the thread with the space engineers OP and then reserve the 2nd post for when someone makes a suitable medieval OP?

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Yeah, Medieval Engineers isn't my thing so we'll need someone to do a separate OP for it.

Presumably ME will be more of your thing when all that mined stone can be put to work building castles to fling at spaceships at 100m/s.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Firos posted:

If you want to post a new space/medieval engineers thread, why not post the thread with the space engineers OP and then reserve the 2nd post for when someone makes a suitable medieval OP?

That'll work. Anyone got a thread title? Best I have is;

Space and Medieval Engineers: Bombing eachother back to the stone age.

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Space and Medieval Engineers: War...War never changes

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I like this.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Space and Medieval Engineers: Empire Earth vs Minecraft.

Space and Medieval Engineers: Sadly not cross-compatible.

Medispaceval Engineers: Orbital Siege of Asteroid Castles.

LLJKSiLk
Jul 7, 2005

by Athanatos
OP Need the .gif of the giant goatse spaceship with smoke flying out of its rear end, and also the dick mining ships.

Captain Capacitor
Jan 21, 2008

The code you say?

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Speaking of thrusters, anyone got a recommendation for a short Small-Block 3x3 thruster?

I'm upgrading my shuttles from this;

To this;

And the engine pods aren't exactly looking as good as they could because of the 2x3 thrusters. The wider engine pods are for FTL drives, incidentally.

I can't suggest modular thrusters enough.

Sorus
Nov 6, 2007
caustic overtones
For a vanilla style perhaps the XL Thruster? It's 3x3x6. Can see an example and how they compare vs. large thrusters here.

e: Oh, missed that you were looking for something short.

Sorus fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Jun 5, 2015

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

I'm looking for more of a single bigass engine than the flat modular ones.

edit:

Sorus posted:

For a vanilla style perhaps the XL Thruster? It's 3x3x6. Can see an example and how they compare vs. large thrusters here.

e: Oh, missed that you were looking for something short.

Actually that one's not bad.

All I really need to do is bring the FTL drives forward a square to make it fit a little better. The basic design is to use the Armor Thrusters for slow close-quarters maneuvering, then turn on the big engines for actual travel. :rice:

Neddy Seagoon fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Jun 5, 2015

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
Is there a way to get a cargo sorter + connector + collector combo to fill all cargo containers instead of just the first one?

With a setup of, as an example:

5 cargo containers > cargo sorter set to whitelist *components* > connector > collector > 5 cargo containers

It'll fill up the first cargo container in the receiving end, but it won't autofill the rest. Do I need a connector/collector combo for every single cargo container?

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

You don't really need the connector/collector combo anymore, just enable push on the sorters and it should work for pushing things around. As for what you want, I can't test right now, but I guess you will have to put sorters between each container at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
New thread is up. PM me or post in the thread if you've got anything you want stuck in the Goon Creations catagory.

• Locked thread