Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Blazing Ownager posted:

You know, one plausible way the Grimm power works is "adaptability."

I have been thinking something similar, that there is the normal strength, fighting etc. and then a bunch of latent abilities that only show up when the Grimm has been hurt in some way, like the special hearing when he had those creepy worms in his eyes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddleChunks
Sep 18, 2004

Something keeps bugging me about the actress' eyes. It looks like she's just been to the doctor and gotten her pupils dilated. I know they shoot in pretty low lighting for many of the scenes but she seems to have unnaturally wide pupils all the time. I guess being a Hexenbeast is a hell of a drug.

Much like that hat.

:350:

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat
I have to admit that I really wish they had done something with Adalind that didn't make everyone involved seem deeply stupid.

Renard, Nick and everyone else were stupid for not just telling Adalind that Victor didn't have the kid, the Resistance did, and she wasn't coming back until Victor and the Royals were nailed.

Renard was stupid for not immediately contacting Nick and/or Juliette about Adalind stealing the hair and underwear. Even Adalind was stupid for going forward with her plan when she had to "know" that surely Renard would be calling Nick and Juliette about what she'd done and putting them on alert for magical trickery.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
3x22 – "Blonde Ambition" - SEASON FINALE
Monroe and Rosalee's wedding day has finally arrived, but Adalind's antics threaten to ruin everything.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

This has been a really good week for season finales. Let's hope this keeps the train rolling.

jedibeavis
Mar 23, 2004

Bag 'em & tag 'em, Sarah!

Excuse me, Agent Walker.
All the buildup to this wesen wedding tells me something bad is going to happen. I'm thinking Trubel (God I hate that name) is going to show up at the wedding due to some emergency and she didn't get the memo to wear sunglasses to hide her grimmness, therefore fisticuffs will ensue.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

I was quite impressed by the fight scene Teresa had. Good choreography, I thought.

Yeah the fight scene she has with the wesen trying to steal her boots I thought looked really bad/cheesy but these last couple of episodes she has been impressive. Her character is starting to grow on me I actually really liked her in the scene where she just busts out of the car and makes that girl reveal where the leech people are.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

pasaluki posted:

Yeah the fight scene she has with the wesen trying to steal her boots I thought looked really bad/cheesy but these last couple of episodes she has been impressive. Her character is starting to grow on me I actually really liked her in the scene where she just busts out of the car and makes that girl reveal where the leech people are.

The difference between the Trubel fight scenes and past fight scenes is Trubel does way more physical motion during the fight. She's rolling, jumping, using her surroundings, just generally all over the place while in the past most Nick fights are just ducking wild swings, punching back, and maybe tackling.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Rosalee has the best family.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Heeey we all agreed Rosalee's grandma's dress was hideous, right? Well, good news!

EDIT: Awww, Nick doesn't want his little girl to go away and live on her own!

Astrofig fucked around with this message at 02:38 on May 17, 2014

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
HOLY poo poo!!!

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
I literally just shouted that. Fucccck this doesn't look good

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Now that's a pretty wedding dress.

Also, it doesn't look good for Renard.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat
Noooo! I've known that C. Thomas Howell was evil since Soul Man, but nooo!

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.
"I know you basically got raped Nick, but I am so disgusted by you!"

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Hey, maybe Wu will finally be one of the gang now!

edit - I used the Survivor Woo spelling.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009

OMG JC a Bomb! posted:

He's a dude so it matters less, according to Hollywood.

Also, HOLY gently caress poo poo WU KNOWS NOW!!!!

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
drat, that was a big episode. I sure hope the writers know what they're doing for next year, though, in respect to Nick getting depowered.

Despite being new at this, I do like how refreshingly competent Teresa is. It was pretty clear that she wouldn't make it in time, because that would have been anticlimactic.

I guess it's Contract Renegotiation time for Sasha Roiz.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
fuuuuuck and now we have to wait until, what, September, October?

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

drat, that was a big episode. I sure hope the writers know what they're doing for next year, though, in respect to Nick getting depowered.

Despite being new at this, I do like how refreshingly competent Teresa is. It was pretty clear that she wouldn't make it in time, because that would have been anticlimactic.

I guess it's Contract Renegotiation time for Sasha Roiz.

They've made him so tied into the main plot I don't see him going away for good.

S4 will obviously be Trubel as Nick's full time seeing eye Grimm while they track down Adalind and kill her. Now that Wu is in on it he can help Hank cover for Grimm incidents.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Grimmcidents

VBane
Oct 31, 2011

OMG JC a Bomb! posted:

Its more like "Dating a Grim has led to me being in a coma, mindwiped, love spelled and now my identity was stolen by a shapeshifting witch who cuckolded me. I am really getting fed up by this crazy poo poo."

This is also the whole being hurt by the fact that he couldn't tell the difference, which might be unfair but must be in the back of her head (Buffy and Riley broke up over that I think)

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."
So we now get to suffer through a dozen episodes where they flog a stupid, pointless, go-nowhere loving NICK HAS NO POWERS NOW AND TRUBEL IS HIS SEEING EYE GRIMM, HERP A DERP side plot and call it development? Jesus loving christ. I've loved this show, but seeing them just wrench the steering wheel over and drive into the retaining wall of "You know what was the best part of the show? When we pissed away a half a goddamn season on a moronic Adalind sideplot! And then did it again!" instead of just being a fun show. When this comes back, I'm not sure I'm going to bother to watch anymore. That was a poo poo episode that retroactively ruined the best thing about the last half of the season (Trubel) because in retrospect her only purpose is to give the writers an excuse to jack off in neverending sideplot, and as soon as The Status Quo is restored in Episode 12 or whatever Trubel will gently caress right off and literally nothing of import will have happened.

:(

Edit: Are you loving kidding me? I just loving realized that this also was the point of those endless dreary minutes spent with Adalind in Europe. Ugggggh.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Mukaikubo posted:

Edit: Are you loving kidding me? I just loving realized that this also was the point of those endless dreary minutes spent with Adalind in Europe. Ugggggh.

Hahaha, oh man, such a great plot. I was a big fan of this show but I gotta say I'm feeling what you said pretty hard. I've been missing episodes this season and not even caring enough to go back and watch them. The plotting was pretty bad, and there were whole episodes that were just real bad. I only watched tonight 'cause I saw it was the season finale. It's totally possible it'll get better next season but I'm not expecting it. Well, I have enough hope that I'll pay attention to how things are going and check in on the show and the thread every so often.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
I dislike when characters merely function as sources of drag on what I watch the show for. I watch the show despite Adalind and her poo poo and I'll be pretty annoyed if they don't resolve this plot fast.

EconOutlines
Jul 3, 2004

As long as Nick gets his Grimm powers back relatively quickly, I'll be happy. The whole 'Juliet-in-a-coma' thing dragged on way too long and became painful.

I'd personally like to see more information about the stuff that's only been hinted about. The keys, coins, the royals/grimms/wesen. More background and how the current state of affairs tie in somewhat.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

VBane posted:

Its more like "Dating a Grim has led to me being in a coma, mindwiped, love spelled and now my identity was stolen by a shapeshifting witch who cuckolded me. I am really getting fed up by this crazy poo poo."

This is also the whole being hurt by the fact that he couldn't tell the difference, which might be unfair but must be in the back of her head (Buffy and Riley broke up over that I think)

Despite being in it's shittiest season, Battlestar Galactica did a similar scene much better, I have to admit.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

EconOutlines posted:

As long as Nick gets his Grimm powers back relatively quickly, I'll be happy. The whole 'Juliet-in-a-coma' thing dragged on way too long and became painful.

I'd personally like to see more information about the stuff that's only been hinted about. The keys, coins, the royals/grimms/wesen. More background and how the current state of affairs tie in somewhat.

They've really avoided going into the key/royals outside of Adalind's Eurotrip and having Monroe mention its a map. I guess the showrunners are pretty confidant they'll get 5+ season so they are dragging out the lore reveals.

The first 3 episodes of season being a globe-trotting trilogy of tracking down Adalind and killing her to re-power Nick would really end the aggressive mediocrity of Adalind's stories. I just hope they don't try to manufacture some drama by letting the Grimms learn that one Grimm can transfer their power to another and Trubel tries to do it so she doesn't have to deal with Wessen.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
I can't remember why Nick didn't just kill her to begin with instead of depowering her. Also, why they didn't kill her when she showed up again. Or killed her after they stole her baby.

Basically, I've been wishing she'd be dead for a while. Hopefully the royal dude kills her when she arrives since he doesn't actually have her baby. Satan's baby.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
I really hope they write Juliette out of the show now, it would be the best troll ever. Make us suffer through her lovely story and finally get her into the Grimm crew just to write her off.

How can you have sex with someone and not figure out it is not your long time partner?

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
http://zap2it.com/blogs/grimm_season_3_finale_ep_jim_kouf_teases_season_4_plans_after_that_cliffhanger-2014-05

Some snippets:

quote:

Can we assume we'll see more of Trubel in Season 4?
Oh yeah. She's become kind of a very integral part to Nick's life at the moment because she's the only one with the Grimm powers.

Is there a chance we can see Jacqueline Toboni be a regular recurring character, or even a series regular? Or does her storyline have a set ending?
We don't have a set storyline for her. We'll see how she works out and how she's needed and how the fans respond. We love her, so we'll keep her for as long as we can.

Is there anything else you've cued up for Season 4 that you're really excited to explore?
The other thing that we cued up besides whether the Captain lives or dies -- I think that's dependent on his contract negotiations -- but Wu. We've reawakened that nasty memory for Wu, so that's got to be dealt with.

Is there a plan to bring Wu more into the Scooby Squad?
To tell you the truth, we hadn't planned on Wu discovering the books until we wrote the episode. It just happened naturally, because once the Captain was shot and Weston came in to try to kill Trubel, the evidence led him into the room which allowed him to see the books. We didn't know until we wrote it. Sometimes we discover that the characters speed things up for us whether we want them to or not. You just have to deal with it.

It's doubtful he'll be happy to find out he was lied to.
It's fun stuff to write. We want to explore that stuff. You can't keep everybody on completely friendly terms all the time, otherwise things just stagnate.

One question that always gets brought up by fans is whether James Frain has a role on the show as Eric Renard if he can come back to it. Is the door open to him?
No, we haven't left it open. You never know on these shows, so who knows. But we like Alexis [Denisof] a lot. We've got lots to do with him yet.

Interesting to hear that Wu discovering the books wasn't planned at the start, but was something which organically came out of writing the episode.

And it does seem like Eric Reynard is dead (until he's not), and I kinda like that. It subverts the usual "not dead until you see a body and sometimes not even then" cliche.

I agree with the general wariness about Nick being depowered, and am not sure how well it'll handle it. The show can do clever things, but it can also drag things out too much.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I didn't find the Eric Reynard character to be anything special, nor the actor who played him. I am a little surprised that there are actually people who really want him back.

devoir
Nov 16, 2007

Oasx posted:

I didn't find the Eric Reynard character to be anything special, nor the actor who played him. I am a little surprised that there are actually people who really want him back.

I imagine it's the intersection of Grimm and True Blood fans. At least, I think that's the other major genre role he's had?

Going to be a little annoyed if the Captain doesn't come back due to contract negotiation issues.

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived
Literally any plot that wasn't Adalinds schemes would have made for a more interesting finale. Or if Adalinds schemes didn't involve creating so much dumb drama, jesus gently caress just kill her already. I ended up skipping large chunks of the episode.

Very weak episode for a season finale.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

devoir posted:

Going to be a little annoyed if the Captain doesn't come back due to contract negotiation issues.

Remember, she took his power or did something to him right before he was shot too, so this might have been planned out to work out either way for a very long time I guess.

Tahirovic posted:

How can you have sex with someone and not figure out it is not your long time partner?

I'd assume if they looked and sounded like that person, you'd just figure they were in an odd mood. When's the last time you brought everything to a halt with "Hey, you just acted out of character!" for crying out loud, unless you're into some kinky role playing, I guess.

Nick's reaction of "Well you were certainly pretty crazy!" :smug: is probably not all that far off if he hadn't put it together. I really hope Juliette ends up killing Adalind at this point.

Also one screwed up thing I realized: Adalind has screwed every major male character except Wu and Monroe, two of which have been under false pretenses and the third with the intent to manipulate them while they were going through, well, being drugged by Adalind. What I'm saying is she's pretty much a very dedicated repeat sex offender.

PureRok posted:

Hopefully the royal dude kills her when she arrives since he doesn't actually have her baby. Satan's baby.

I hope not. After 3 seasons of her poo poo, I want to see her get wrecked by everyone she's wrong one at a time and then curb stomped like the infamous Loki Hulk scene. Anything less would be a disappointment. Maybe even let her realize they have her baby, and that it will never know her.

I'd be cool with Nick's Mom ending it: After all she has reason to want revenge for every single thing she did, and could end it with a "Oh yeah, I killed your mother."

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 19:36 on May 17, 2014

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe
Adalind needs to die and Nick needs to be a Grimm again within 5 minutes of the opening shot of the season premier.

Jesus gently caress, really, Grimm? The "I've lost my powers" storyline? It sucked when Chuck did it, too.

escalator dropdown
Jan 24, 2007

Like all good stories, the second act begins with a call to action and the building of a robot.

Mukaikubo posted:

So we now get to suffer through a dozen episodes where they flog a stupid, pointless, go-nowhere loving NICK HAS NO POWERS NOW AND TRUBEL IS HIS SEEING EYE GRIMM, HERP A DERP side plot and call it development? Jesus loving christ. I've loved this show, but seeing them just wrench the steering wheel over and drive into the retaining wall of "You know what was the best part of the show? When we pissed away a half a goddamn season on a moronic Adalind sideplot! And then did it again!" instead of just being a fun show. When this comes back, I'm not sure I'm going to bother to watch anymore. That was a poo poo episode that retroactively ruined the best thing about the last half of the season (Trubel) because in retrospect her only purpose is to give the writers an excuse to jack off in neverending sideplot, and as soon as The Status Quo is restored in Episode 12 or whatever Trubel will gently caress right off and literally nothing of import will have happened.

:(

Yup, agreed. In a vacuum, this ep was pretty awesome. I think depowered Nick could be interesting/entertaining for a few episodes to start season 4, too. But is it really going to be a few episodes, or is it going to be half the season? I'm guessing the latter. Did we really need a season-long crappy B-plot of Adalind in Europe just to set this up? gently caress no. And the possibly-demon/god-baby is a plot I hope they never revisit either.

To be honest, Grimm really shows its Angel heritage. Awesome characters, pretty good mythology, great moments, but extremely frustrating when it comes to plotting at times.

JD Bucks 7
Jul 18, 2013
I will jump on the bandwagon of "gently caress this poo poo." So last season finale (or is it a mid-season cliffhanger, is there a difference? -- yes, i know there is, I am being rhetorical.) when nick ends up in a goddamn casket after climbing directly up a ladder without covering his eyes into a guy who puffs up and spits poo poo at peoples faces.

Why do the writers feel that the viewers care about the protagonist (or his wife) continually getting screwed over by this one witch who has no ties (other than a hired mercenary, and well they will kill you an instant without blood ties, so it is not important) to the royals, doesn't have a key, doesn't seem to be anything special until they wrote in this magical baby crap and now this?

I just don't care about hexenbeists anymore. AT ALL. Where are the goddamn bees? Also, for being a "bastard" and kicked out by the royals, Renard seems to show an awful lot of ignorance to his zauberbeist side, which alienated him from the family and so forth. Id would be nice if he said "we are not a people who form relationships, with romantic interests, children, fathers, or anyone." "We are witches, afterall" Instead of this strapping naked captain with the "i dont trust you line" and adalind reciprocating it. Since it comes on right after it, it is like a hannibal/will relationship without one iota of tension, backhanded words, innuendos, drama.

I was so saddened reading the comments by the writer/director/whoever about their plans for the show. I was dead certain with Nick and Trouble's little talk about Grimm and if he would choose it, and he mentions how he didn't and can't, that the "solution" was inevitably going to be found in Rosalee's spice shop/Trailer with such immediate advice as "should a Grimm lose it's powers by a hexenbeist, these steps must be followed:" hopefully step one-through-trouble-dropping-the-vial is verbatim of what Renard did. Then, of course, there would be an alternate "should this fail, the only way a Grimm can restore their powers is if another, capable and willing, Grimm transfers their powers through blah blah blah."

I really thought that was exactly why this UM undergrad actress got cast for a short role. It would be perfect, she is questioning her sanity, she asks if Nick would do it, episode one of next season is her hearing this (of course, for drama, Nick would never know. He would say "it is now your turn, blah blah crap" and she would do it without his knowledge. She would walk away, "cured" but lesser and nick would be back, and the writers could spend 8 episodes of more adalind hexenbiest crap, Nick being depowered, and not at once explaining the Counsel, the keys, royals, or any of the other really really interesting stuff we care about.

As it is, she is going to be his seeing eye dog and he will still probably be a able to supernaturally fend off 300 lb men without further explanation, but, hey, NBC! Would it be too much to ask to have a wesen of the "month", a particularly nefarious one where the grimm archives are incomplete only with references and directions to others--royals or council--that know of it. So we don't just magically read a book and know... versus a problem that I overlook 90 percent of the time, but, again, how is Nick's free time not spent just internalizing every goddamn picture and word in that book.

So instead of them saying "you're a grimm!" and him letting them get away, calling monroe in the middle of the night, and ultimately ending up finding it in the book. READ YOUR GODDAMN TREASURE TROVE. As people have mentioned. Digitize it. gently caress's sake.

I like the corniness at times, I excuse poo poo, but this was such a weak and terrible episode and ending to a season.

CuddleChunks
Sep 18, 2004

pentyne posted:

S4 will obviously be Trubel as Nick's full time seeing eye Grimm while they track down Adalind and kill her. Now that Wu is in on it he can help Hank cover for Grimm incidents.
Hahahah that's a great way to describe Trubel.

PS:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat
I'm kind of torn. I want Adalind gone, but I like Claire Coffee. She's a good actress with great expressions and excellent comic timing. The only fun part about Adalind's quest for repowerment was Claire's display of exasperation with the ever grosser stuff she had to do.

Adalind is a lawyer and a hexenbiest. This is a role that should rise much higher than evil whore who's kind of dumb.

I'd like to see Adalind get killed off so that Claire could play a different role on the show. Maybe Sean's mom could show up and be dying, then she switches bodies with Adalind, who dies to repower Nick and that leaves Claire playing the role of Sean's mom.

• Locked thread