Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Traxus IV
Sep 11, 2001

it's our time now
let's get this shit started

treizebee posted:

Light armor Charr classes are the best because you get to do this :

He gets complimented a lot in conjunction with his name being Charr Force One.

Tell me you have a shot of him from April Fools this year!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

treizebee posted:

Light armor Charr classes are the best because you get to do this :

He gets complimented a lot in conjunction with his name being Charr Force One.

He looks like he's going to transform into a car and race for pink slips.

Tweet Me Balls
Apr 14, 2009

Slipknot Hoagie posted:

I wish I were a Charr, in real life.

Me too, but only if I could graduate from the Asura's magical technical institute and be a shut-in magitek computer programmer instead of being forced to join the military by my stupid fascist step-sire.

Traxus IV
Sep 11, 2001

it's our time now
let's get this shit started

Tweet Me Balls posted:

Me too, but only if I could graduate from the Asura's magical technical institute and be a shut-in magitek computer programmer instead of being forced to join the military by my stupid fascist step-sire.

Sounds like you're angling to become the next Scarlet Briar with that silly asura book-learnin'

Charrlet Briar

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.
Charr are actually the second most technologically advanced race, and without needing to use magic. Once again we look to the achievements of Humans, and find a great wasteland.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Tweet Me Balls posted:

Bah, Charr find glory in WAR, not typing away at that useless console all day! :black101:

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.
I mentioned this questionable spelling in guild chat earlier today, now I regret not challenging them on it myself.

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
you better heed his Quall
Now, it has been a while since I studied latin, but different spellings are denotations of declensions or at the very least the way it is used there would be incorrect/nonsensical. However a quick Google search shows that 'celistial' isn't applicable to any of that because it is at best a dumb made up word.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Baron Von Pigeon posted:

Now, it has been a while since I studied latin, but different spellings are denotations of declensions or at the very least the way it is used there would be incorrect/nonsensical. However a quick Google search shows that 'celistial' isn't applicable to any of that because it is at best a dumb made up word.

Yeah I like the one guy who tried to bring that up and got totally ignored

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
arguing about words when you could be out smashing things

shameful

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Please join my new guild, Elestialcay [ARSTAY]

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
you better heed his Quall

gnarlyhotep posted:

arguing about words when you could be out smashing things

shameful

Sometimes the things that need smashing the most are minds......

woooooooaaaah

xthnru
Apr 6, 2007

FUCK YOU GUYS. I'm out.

Adhesive Gamin posted:

I mentioned this questionable spelling in guild chat earlier today, now I regret not challenging them on it myself.

I'm gonna go cry into my copy of Wheelock. :histdowns:

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Baron Von Pigeon posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIAdHEwiAy8

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

enemy team up ~150 points and loses

e: got that AFK guy in two games after that. he lost 3 games in a row because he keeps going AFK when he starts to lose. in all three situations, if he had not done that, he could have won very easily

where the red fern gropes fucked around with this message at 12:47 on Apr 7, 2015

Redmanred
Aug 29, 2005

My hometown japan
:japan:
Pretty drat salty about slacking through spvp.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

I wanted to join in the charr posting but I had a bunch of screens I forgot to post, so tolerate enjoy this pic dump:

So there's a guy who likes hiding in Hotm and spamming emotes. You can't right click names in emotes.

The man is a genius.

RIP airplane mode

Jon Peters lives

I really liked this use of norn tattoos!

I'm sorry Gene, I couldn't resist

:smug:

- - - - - - - - - -

Necro, Scharrvenger

Ele, Charrter Flight

Thief, Blanc Panther (I really need a new outfit for this one, had it forever)

So shiny

Charr supremacy

I'll get the necro to 80 eventually, but I asked goons which of my last two non-capped alts I should max first, and my ranger Three Wolf Goom won...

...by a nose

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
I'd totally go through the trouble of writing his name manually so I could report and block him :colbert:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Illuyankas posted:

I'm sorry Gene, I couldn't resist

oh gene.

Aug 24, 2011

Please end April fools "jokes"

Skeletor.9360 posted:

I’m sure you have heard much “feedback” on this topic but since I had my annual ban of april 1st I could not comment further.

This “joke” as you call it was equivalent of taking a dog ejection and smearing it in a helpless persons face. Sure I’m sure your staff is laughing at us, as it sure aint with us.

Not clever. Not amusing. Just you forcing your belief system on somebody else. That is the plain truth.

Let me describe it in a real example…

Say an automobile leasing agency on April first sent out through satellite the command s to roll your windows down and up every 2 seconds. Plus they would make annoying sounds using the speakers.

Would you ever lease from that company again?

Pretty much an identical situation….
Hey just don’t use the car!
Hey its not like you OWN the car!
Its not THAT annoying…have a sense of humor!

Would these excuses cut it if it were the situation I described.

So this is intended to be feedback that many many people did not like the stunt especially since it was asked to NOT be done the last time.

But I’d really be interested in the staffs opinion on how this qualified as a “joke”.
It to me was just mean spirited and there was absolutely no enjoyment factor to it at all.

Thanks

forkbucket
Mar 9, 2008

Magnets are my only weakness.
nerds losing their poo poo is my favorite part of april fools every year

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

(my personal favourite of those screens is the five-signet level 80 warrior in pvp)

These people are terrible.

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
Your Charr are excellent, Illuyankas.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Step 1: All jokes are hereby banned from video games if they upset some people.
Step 2: Steal underpants.
Step 3: All jokes do in fact upset at least some people.
Step 4: All jokes are now banned.
Step 5: Free Moot for your troubles.
Step 6: Profit.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Ussr
Sep 17, 2004

Wait, what?

Traxus IV posted:

Tell me you have a shot of him from April Fools this year!

I think I took some screenshots of him with a bobblehead.

Aug 24, 2011

theres a mini moose on the gem store along with armor which every rp tryhard is going to be wearing soon

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Dreggon posted:

theres a mini moose on the gem store

But it's not Canada day

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot

Dreggon posted:

theres a mini moose on the gem store along with armor which every rp tryhard is going to be wearing soon

It looks good

http://imgur.com/a/x3QO7

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

That's my face on the helmet.

Geekslinger
Jan 30, 2005

Another drat outfit though. I would have bought it for the gloves and shoulders, but thanks anet for keeping my wallet closed this time.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Geekslinger posted:

Another drat outfit though. I would have bought it for the gloves and shoulders, but thanks anet for keeping my wallet closed this time.

Has anet ever commented on the reason for making outfits instead of individual pieces? I am sure somehow the reason boils down to the amount of development resources that each require, but I am curious to learn a bit more about the technical reason if there is one.

Ussr
Sep 17, 2004

Wait, what?
Yeah I'm going to assume it has to do with clipping.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

But it has a cape... sorta!

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Inzombiac posted:

But it has a cape... sorta!

butt_cape.png

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection

This is a good day. :3:

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

treizebee posted:

This is a good day. :3:

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
It makes your tail go on fire. Checkmate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Going down for a quick patch. They're bringing back SAB. A dev told me but I don't remember their name and I promised not to screenshot it because he said that I could take a Moot from any player I want.

• Locked thread