Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Do Not Fear Jazz posted:

In gw2 you can roleplay being your favorite characters, like zelda.

Paging be our guest.

I must know what that pistol skin is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Kazoo posted:

Oh before I forget you can all oggle the prettiest princess in the game:

That poor salad, she's blind. :ohdear:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
You guys are seriously making me wanna move to Magumma and join you.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Visidan posted:

The overpowered mad king outfit is back on the gem store, it's the perplexity rune of costume brawl.

Ahhhhh poo poo, I need to buy some goddamn gems it seems!

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
She's also smarter than the Asura, more stealthy than the Ash Legion, its ridiculous how much of a mary sue she is.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

HaroldofTheRock posted:

What do you guys spend your lolrels on? I have 360 but I'm scared to part with any, you only get 1 a day! :smith:

Mr Chauncey Von Snuffles the 2nd.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Did they ever change the health values on pets? I read they wanted to make them have more in PvE but not PvP.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Just don't use the LFG for dungeons, you'll be kicked instantly even if you made the group.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

teagone posted:

All this rotation talk reminds of when I first found out people used spreadsheets to number crunch damage output in MMOs. What a bunch of loving spergy nerds. Just hit poo poo, don't die, and have fun.

I once played Diablo 3 with a group of folks who had super optimum builds to just blaze through everything, during a moment of downtime they began discussing their spreadsheets and projected profits for the month, one of them then told a story, about he was drunk and hosed around with his spreadsheets and lost like 10 million gold because he put the wrong data in.

Maybe its just me but that sounds like a loving job rather than a game, then again I recall goons saying they paid off rent and their car with D3 profits sometimes so maybe it was a job for some.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Baron Von Pigeon posted:

You said you need lots of capital to get returns like that from the trading post, so the real solution is to just forfeit all operating capital to me. I'll put it to a good use, too. I intend on buying as many of those horrible looking legendary greatswords as I can and posting the video of me throwing them away on youtube.

No dude, just salvage them with a crude kit.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Can a condition build work for an engie?

I've no clue where to even start to be honest. :(

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Delacroix posted:

Kes or Ghostpilot can elaborate but engineer is one of the best classes to do a condition damage build on. The pinnacle of sPvP bunkering was P/S bomb engineer in beta and it hasn't changed much more than a year later. A HGH based elixir build is also extremely good at dueling and toolkit or grenades can be used depending on preference.

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fcAQJAqelIqqb3zSiF1LJyoCdGoC5lIF5nl95BbJXQIA-j0CBINChk0A0HIkIg5QFRjtsuIasKZwqbY6YDR1cLRmcDrWIgFzBA-w

Something like this perhaps?

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
WOW this condi engie build is something else. :stare:

It starts out slow then half their lifebar just vanishes.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Why is it that I do dungeon runs with level 80 no fun allowed twats and we wipe a bunch, then I do a dungeon with a random pub group, all 40's, one person had never been to Ascalon period, and it goes smooth as gently caress, like super goddamn smooth, not s single wipe and enemies went down in seconds.

They all played their class roles perfectly.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Hopefully the correct thread this time!

LF CoF p1 full zerk rank 40+ spvp

Which one of you was this? :v:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I really need to get my rear end to Magumma. :smith:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Batham posted:

I don't know who keeps making them, but the champions in the tower that have one-shot mechanics are simply not fun.

Scarlet made them just for you!

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Do Not Fear Jazz posted:

I really don't understand what the point of the tower is at all.

Really big rear end soapbox for Scarlet.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Baron Von Pigeon posted:

Ding ding ding. Being a guardian is the best tip I can give to anyone who wants to do dungeons.

I love my Guardian, so far I'm up to 8 dungeons where everyone has gone down multiple times and I never do. :smug:

Course I always make sure to help them up, can't do everything solo. :sweatdrop:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

So the TA mesmer boss turned me into a cat, then this happened after I turned back. :stare:

What causes poo poo like this to happen anyway.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
gently caress the tower, gently caress Anet, gently caress Scarlet, gently caress the entire designing team, gently caress the writers and gently caress me for even bothering with the latest piece of carrot dangling.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

CLAM DOWN posted:

Someone got owned in the exploding flower hallway.

Actually its the hybrid, I can tank it and take like no damage, but once he summons back-up I get with like a million status effects and I only have so much condi-removal.

I try to make a beeline for them, but whenever he summons back-up he tends to cut down the arena, so I'm trying to kill the 2 assholes and constantly jockeying for position.

Then I down the salad but TEEHEE you need a finisher, thanks A-net. :iamafag:

Just want the stupid mask. :smith:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Visidan posted:

The tower is good with a group of 3, any less and it can get pretty dicey. If you've only run it with a zerg I recommend you try a smaller group, SFD have done it a bunch of times like this and it's great fun and still challenging.

If you're taking no damage then the only way I can see someone dying from that boss is from killing themselves with confusion, the Bulwark enemies cast that on you so kill them then go back to the boss.

They also stack bleeding, plus the damage over time from the spores.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Finally got that stupid hybrid, needed some guild help though, guess I'm not good. :smith:

I need to change my build, condi is fun on my engie but way to many buttons to press, might go soldier/knight gear.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
There are super pissed off people over the skin drop change, apparently lowly fractal 10 plebs don't deserve those glowsticks. :ughh:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Is there something I'm not aware off regarding enemy agroo? Seems whenever I do a dungeon and start to attack I'm the focus of everyone's ire.

I'm using a condi build with my engie, don't know if that has anything to do with it.

Also I have like 700k karma, is there anything I can buy? Something pretty maybe? Convert it into gold somehow? I don't care about crafting.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

It seems a lot of enemies are attracted to the player with the highest toughness. I noticed this while using my necro with 2400 armor in a party made of mostly elementalists and thieves. If you are using rabid or dire armor in a group of glass cannons there is a chance you have the highest toughness.

Also some people think wearing a shield draws aggro, so if you are going pistol/shield that could be it.

You gotta be loving making GBS threads me. :ughh:

No wonder everyone goes zerk.

I'm not familiar with gear, is there any gear set that would give me best condi but no toughness?

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Leveling is such a friggin slog after 30.

I'm at 52 on my guardian and it feels like it takes forever. :cry:

Help me goons.

Honestly I may as well be upfront and honest.

I really wanna go to Magumma, is blatantly obvious that you guys are the place to be, its all I want in a guild, some nice comrades and just have a laugh whenever, also participate in all the stupid poo poo you guys do.

I'm not committed to any one character, even my 80 engie, so should I delete all and move to Magumma? I'm heavily considering it, moreso if you guys are willing to help me level and re-build. Really the only thing I'd lose would be my new hairstyles.

Alteisen fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Nov 21, 2013

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Do you guys do it alone or does someone accompany you?

That might be it to, I'm playing an MMO by myself which just feels like the saddest thing ever, same poo poo with WoW, everything felt so empty. :smith:

And still looking on opinions on deleting my dudes and re-rolling on Magumma.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
gently caress it, joining Magumma.

Is it SFD or goon the guild I should be joining?

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Celestial dye off an unidentified dye.

I love you SFD. :swoon:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Turncoat Mommy posted:

Race traitor

I tried.

The prettiest. :swoon:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Ghostpilot posted:

I can definitely say this: I hope that the reward for the story isn't indicative of the new reward scheme for fractals.

You can't say this and not give details buddy.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I wonder if Anet will just get the hint to end this poo poo now.

Gotta say though, I'm loving sick of writers putting their stand-ins into everything, I doubt it would have been any better without them, but Dragon Age 2 is pretty much that, a bunch of mary-sue stand in for the writers.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Can't wait to see how Scarlet will play into wintersday.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Perhaps this is how Scarlet's story will end.

We get to kill her on Dec 25th, special back-pack skin that looks her charred corpse as a reward.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

WarLocke posted:

So my babby guardian just finished all the hearts and stuff in the Norn starting area (and Hoelbrak), what's the recommended PvE path for leveling? Should I hop over to another race's beginner zone or just move on to a 15-15 one or what? Gonna end up doing them all but I figure I may as well do the quicker route to 80 first.

Also, +Healing gear on Guardians is ridiculous. Unless the scaling is curved at higher levels I guess. At level 15 my passive healing (Virtue of Resolve?) is returning 10% of my total health each pulse. :monocle:

You want some company for your babby guardian? :v:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

BexGu posted:

The only good thing, THE ONLY GOOD THING, that could come from this is that a dragon awakens and just completely stomps Scarlet as a after thought.

"It was simple enough, really, a few Molten thumpers on the ley lines was all it took to contaminate the magic with my toxic spores. After that, the dragons were happy to do my bidding! I'll leave you to fight my scariest champion, they call him the Shatterer, but I think that name is icky, why not Henry?

Later tater!"

Its gonna happen. You know it is.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

I decided to draw my asura thief girl. I wasn't really into the asura at first but they've really grown on me and their animations are top-notch.
And they're just so SASSY.

Do you take commissions?

Cause this poo poo is awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Male asura is probably the best voice acted character in the game, dude REALLY got into it.

• Locked thread