Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Forgall posted:

How's this for dungeons? I'm wearing zerker at the moment, and if I try to melee bosses I just get crushed instantly like a bug. I'm not sure 20% or so extra health is going to fix that.

D/D is really good for bosses. I'd take signet of malice for a heal and signet of agility over assassin's signet though.

As far as surviving goes, you really just have to dodge. I usually only die if I get one-shot, so valkyrie only helps if I can get my HP over that point. Taking only a few valkyrie pieces also doesn't make much sense because you lose so much damage with HK over executioner. With all berserker you can easily hit 90-100% crit, so hedging your bets and trying to do both doesn't really work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

MooCowlian posted:

It's also a couple of minutes at most to waypoint to the LA trading WP and speak to one of the dudes there. Unless you literally want to change every couple of fights, that's not too bad.

Even if we still had to pay a stone to apply the skin, being able to store it without having to find six bank/inventory slots, and not being able to lose the stuff, would be great.

Why bother with all that when you can just use multiple stones, pay for more inventory slots, and play the game longer to replace what you lost instead.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Reverend Dr posted:

It really doesn't matter whether or not you are correct and this is the most 'economical' method. There are people that really want a PvE wardrobe and would gladly accept using transmutation stones in this fashion. If this is less economical for the player, then it especially makes sense to do it; if players would prefer to pay more money, why the hell wouldn't you do that?

That was mostly sarcasm. My point was that it's new systems for something that players want because it costs them money now. It just doesn't make sense unless they're going to charge $20 per set, and I doubt that's acceptable to anyone but Arus. I'd like a locker too, but maybe I'm a little more realistic, or a negative Nancy.

I agree that it's not unheard of to run an mmo into the ground over money (or pride), so it wouldn't shock me if they were just making hay while the proverbial sun is shining.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

MysteriousThing posted:

I think it would depend on the repping requirements. For example my guild only requires you rep it when in WvW. A different guild might have different requirements on when you represent them.

Guilds with more than one member would probably find this tedious to enforce.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Tarq posted:

Where can I find some good reading on how to suck less as an Engineer in both PvE and WvW?

Good luck finding guides that aren't about situational awareness and Sun Tzu.

Your best bet is to find a streamer that you like and ask them stuff/observe. OstrichEggs has been streaming engi in WvW on his twitch and the guildwars2tpvp channel.

http://www.twitch.tv/ostricheggs/profile

Edit: http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2pvptv/profile

ItBurns fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Oct 21, 2013

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Ghostpilot posted:

First time hearing of this guy, but I really like his style. Wouldn't hurt him to take a breath, though.

This guy is a pubbie folk hero. You should read the official forums more often. Don't do this.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Dorkopotamis posted:

So I'd be psyched to hear your comments and critiques on this build.

I don't want to be a smart rear end, but this build is like 100 years old and both shatter and phantasm builds are still 'viable', whatever that is supposed to mean. There are a ton of people playing both in high level pvp.

http://www.twitch.tv/hansawesome

http://www.twitch.tv/helsethgw2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iW5Q1XJqPHM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lP9Rxb_6hJM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDglb5WwmrU

You'll also be sad to learn that Duelist's Discipline finally got nerfed after like 18 months of being broken.

Edit: A few people ran mesmer in the invitational as well.

ItBurns fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Oct 24, 2013

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Lyer posted:

So I just discovered that the new fotm mesmer build is sword + sword and sword + focus/pistol. Is this the build? http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fgAQRAsc8dlwziqHTzqGa9IxJFRf5oZgdvXSBvxNA

It doesn't have either of the +15% damage bonuses to phantasms or Signet of Illusions, both of which are pretty core. I can understand wanting to go 25 into Illusions for the recharge, but Phantasmal Haste is pretty worthless with /F and /S and the 3% damage bonus doesn't affect phantasms.

Sword on both sets is preferable for PvE since the auto is so good. Scepter has worse DPS across the board and you hardly want the clones from the auto in a phantasm build. It's actually a workable hybrid MH for PvP (#3 does about 80% of blurred frenzy iirc). The main advantage is the range and block, neither of which matter much in PvE.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
What kind of computer do you have to run at that resolution with those settings?

Also I can't tell which one you are because both are anime as hell.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Full Fathoms Five posted:

So I haven't played a warrior in forever, and looking at my gear it seems the last thing I was doing was CoF speedruns because I'm all decked out in Berzerker gear (either that or I was abusing the window of time when those foods that gave you life on crit or whatever made glass cannon zerker warriors really hard to kill) but now it's just laughably squishy. I see some of the traits changed, including making the "damage based on adrenaline level" a Grandmaster trait. So basically, what is a good build and gear setup if I want to be useful in PvE and WvW? I mostly roam solo or with small groups so I need to be survivable, but I'm not sure what that entails on a warrior really. My main is a Guardian that basically never has to worry about anything at all, so it's kind of hard to judge what will work on a warrior without sacrificing all my dps.

I'm hesitant to give a build for PvE since your build will be largely dependent upon your group. PvP meta builds are, for better or worse, fairly static, so here's one...

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fIAQJASTjkOpwxQGPMxBA0jvqirTBlUPsDv4A-TUAg0CnIKaYxSEA

PvE and WvW are two different animals for Warrior, to a large extent. GS is still king in PvE and good in WvW, however you'll be taking a differnt trait distribution for each if you want to split a build between the two.

If you want to go full gimmick you can do a mace+something/gs build and skullcrack your way to victory. Despite the bad-killing abilities of Mace/GS, the reigning tPvP build is longbow and hammer (as seen above), mainly because of the CC chaining, although you might find that lacklustre in WvW with the open battlefields.

Things that you won't want to pass up for PvP include Cleansing Ire and Healing Signet. Both give the Warrior an incredible amount of sustain (especially paired with Adrenal Health) and should be included in any PvP build. Adrenal Health is also quite good, and included by default in builds that spec defensively.

Personally, I like GS and Axe for PvE. 100B while in GS then swap to Axe for the auto and WH buffs or Mace CC. This is the build I use for PvE. The regen is enough to ignore most mechanics, although I will say that it's not the best DPS unless you have berserker gear, as the effectiveness of the damage traits is largely dependent upon high crit damage.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fIAQNBhODbk0J5t3R7hJOggPoFXGQBToeYHbYbA

ItBurns fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Oct 27, 2013

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
Quote != Edit.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Dreggon posted:

Prettiest princess?

I noticed this in the guild puzzle today. Undocumented changes to the graphic system much?

The same effect is on stealth particle effects. RIP dreams.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

shoognite posted:

When did this change? I always thought healing signet was junk.

A couple months ago. It's the best warrior heal now to the point that it's borderline OP. Cleansing Ire beats Mending by a mile.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

teagone posted:

Is that a new trait?

It's like 4 months old, but it's new since release.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Cowboybot posted:

It's University of Texas Arus, that's where Anet is located.

They're running the game out of a dorm room to avoid bandwidth costs. Let's hope IT doesn't find out.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
What exactly constitutes the leg portion of that medium set? Unless the boot part is actually the legs and not the feet, it might just be skivvies.

Fake edit: remoting in from my phone to buy them.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
The legs on the human/female/medium set is a tiny skirt. Totally worth it.

edit:

ItBurns fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Oct 29, 2013

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
Avoiding people with 'too many' achievement points is some weird aspie hipster bullshit, and you should probably re-evaluate your stance on having GW2 installed.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
A lot of people said the same thing about Wesley Crusher but he came to be one of the most exciting, likable, and dynamic characters in the series.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
Anyone dumb enough to play thief will be going D/D or D/P, so don't count on not having to deal with stealth anymore.

hampig posted:

Why?

33% increase initiative regen is huge, and you can still escape from anyone as any thief build. D/P will still be able to 100-0 people.

S/D loses some evades I guess, but whatever, it was ridiculous anyway, and every other build gets buffed in return.

S/D was better than D/P and D/D flat out but contingent on init regen, so it's a pretty big deal. Init regen is never a limiting factor in stealth builds, so calling it a buff is a bit disingenuous.

ItBurns fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Nov 2, 2013

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

hampig posted:

Who knows how that will wash out, S/D could wind up even on init regen but will lose evades from losing vigor.

It loses init and vigor. How are you calculating this to be a wash? Do you play thief, are you using math and numbers? Find out next week on 'I don't actually play this class' theatre!

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
The nerfs to Engi and Ele are a bit out of left field. I can understand wanting to curb perma-vigor on engi since it was unconditional, but loving Eles out of their standard 30 Arcane traits is kind of weird.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

sound_again posted:

30 arcana is mandatory because you need to swap attunements often, though this may be less crucial with the balance changes mentioned on the last page or so.

30 Arcana will still be ~mandatory~ for D/D and S/D in PvP (don't use this in pve), you just need to pick between Elemental Attunement and Renewing Stamina. Builds with 30 Arcana will still be better than the alternatives, they'll just be less good. The 0/20/0/20/30 meta build won't change on a fundamental level, it will just be worse. The cooldown on attunement swapping is a red herring. The only thing that matters is the Cleansing Wave proc, and it matters a lot.

If you're doing PvE you can put 30 in Fire for Persisting Flames with Staff (or S/D lol) and throw the rest of your points in the toilet. Spam Lava Font forever and ever. Lightning Hammer does a ton of damage and that isn't going to change, but I don't see that as an attractive option without a decent group to support you.

ItBurns fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Nov 2, 2013

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Eltoasto posted:

Thinking about picking this back up again since a balance patch is coming. Sounds like Rangers are still screwed though? How do necros stack up these days? Have an 80 guardian/ele/thief but maybe it would be good to level something up since the pve zones are what I enjoyed most about the game.

If all you're doing is PvE it doesn't matter what you play. Rangers are fine in PvE and preferred for a lot of high-end stuff because of their water fields, reflects, etc. Power necro is super good and does about as much DPS with Dagger/Death Shroud as other classes. Condi necro is better for PvP, but you can do both with 30/20/0/0/20 and not have to respec.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Looking at the ele changes, they seem to even out to neutral if not outright worse then before, some of the best traits are being moved out of the first tier into the second, so you need to decide between which of the few good traits to actually pick at 20 points.

Instead of cleansing conditions off yourself and allies everytime you attune to water in tier 1, we instead have access to 6 seconds of regen when we cast frost bow or mist form, Yay.
I also feel like gaining a boon on attunement swapping should be built into the class and not require a trait, at the very least turn it into a minor.

Ele is worse off. They basically removed two traits.

They did the same thing to warrior, where they moved popular traits to occupy the same slot. I hope that's not their new style of balancing. It basically becomes a trait point tax, and that's generally a really bad way to go about it.

I think Elemental Attunement is a little strong to be inbuilt and probably deserves to be master tier, but could probably get moved into a master minor slot in that line. If they really wanted to reduce vigor uptime they could have nerfed the trait and put it in the adept major. Having it proc on crit really punishes people that spec too defensively, and evades are a better way to mitigate damage than passive bonuses in terms of player input/output.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

daspope posted:

That makes extra sense because Lingering Elements has been completely broken since launch and they have shown absolutely zero interest in doing anything about it.

From here.

Jon Peters posted:

P.S. bug fix for Lingering Elements is coming on Nov. 26th as well.

What I don't get is how he says that they moved the traits around basically for the hell of it. There are so many other traits that they could have moved that it seems unlikely that they just picked those at random.

ItBurns fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Nov 2, 2013

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
2v2 Tournament right now.

http://www.twitch.tv/stunningstyles

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
Some notes about the patch for mesmer, guardian, and engi courtesy of the dev tracker.

Jon Peters posted:

I think the mesmer discussion has been pretty positive overall and productive but I wanted to bring up some points that I am seeing and some new ones as well.

Scepter
Scepter is still missing something but we don’t want to overload the autoattack as we think that promotes more mindless play and are trying to move away from builds that focus so much on the “1” skill. I feel like that scepter should be the tricksy defender that can stop enemies from attacking and defend allies, but maybe it’s single target nature is keeping that from working.

Confounding Suggestions
We were hoping this change would improve this. I’m mostly seeing people saying they liked the old one. That will certainly be a topic of discussion early next week so I would love to hear some opinions either way in case there is a split.

Mimic
Last thought. This skill is for almost all intents and purposes just not working, but is causing some broken behavior with certain bosses. I would like to replace it with a complete redesign and am open to discussion on that as well.

Overall I think this a good small step for a profession that has a lot of roles it can fill fairly uniquely. I think this might give us 3 strong mesmer build archetypes.

1) Shatter
2) Phantasm
3) Mantra

I think right behind those are the interrupt shutdown mesmer and the signet mesmer, so future suggestions towards those are appreciated as well.

Thanks,

Jon

That's a pretty reasonable goal, with shatter probably being the most fleshed out of the three at this point. Phantasm will get a rather significant boost due to the 10 'free' points resulting from moving IC down to the master tier. In general, I don't want to see phantasms get too strong though. I think they're in a good spot now in terms of damage. I couldn't care less which way they go with confounding suggestions since nobody uses it anyways.

Jon Peters posted:

Hello Guardians,

So I wanted to talk about the bigger discussion topics for the Dec changes for you as well.

Shattered Aegis
As soon as I get in on Monday, I’ll post the damage #s on this and the power scaling. I think a meaning ful discussion about this change is going to require that. One danger here is that big WvW zergs using this could be really powerful, but I will say that the numbers are decent.

Supreme Justice and Kindled Zeal
I feel like there is a build here, but TBH I haven’t gotten it to work in our internal testing yet. This is as good a place as any to talk about stat conversion traits.

Currently they do not convert 100% of a stat because certain stat bonuses such as those from signets do not get converted. For that reason we are being conservative but normalizing all of our conversions to the follow #s for now.
Minor: 5%,7%, and 10% respectively for adept, master and grandmaster.
Major: 7%,10%, and 13% respectively for adept, master, and grandmaster.

I’m not sure this will be enough, but I do not want these traits to be overpowered as I feel they are fairly passive. That being said, I think they are good simple traits and with 12 traits per line it is absolutely fine to have some passive simple to understand traits.

Another thing about this build is that you do not have all of the information you need about this power guardian right now, but I can’t reveal more without spoilers. /tease

Symbol of Swiftness
To clarify the new Symbol of Swiftness will give you 4 seconds of Swiftness every single pulse regardless of if you have swiftness or not. This is a improvement in many situations and a slight loss in the situation where you were using the Symbol as just a one time buff. I think this makes it feel more like a Symbol, which is good. We are still discussing the idea of it being 5 seconds, but there is some danger of that going pretty high with boon duration.

Power guardian vs Condition guardian
I think Dec 10th will see the emergence of the power guardian, but I think that the condition based guardian still has a ways to go. Ultimately this is because it is hard to cover the burning and frankly you need a good reliable second or even third condition that guardians simply do not have right now. I think for those professions lacking that 3rd damage condition we are looking at supplementing them via runes and sigils rather than skills/traits right now but that won’t be something we attempt until the build that follows the Dec 10th build.

I think that is everything for guardian and hopefully you enjoyed a few half spoiler/half teases.

Thanks,

Jon

Jon Peters posted:

I’m back!

Ok I had some time to talk through some of the engineer discussion. Overall Engineer is in a difficult place because they have a ton of good adept traits, not a lot of good master traits, and again a good # of grandmasters so you end up spreading points fairly diversly to get all the good adept traits but lose out on a lot of power by failing to get as many grandmaster traits. Here is what I see a lot of talk about :

Incendiary Powder
Moving this was just something that was a long time coming. It was simply forcing almost every engineer into 10 points in Explosives which was really hurting build diversity. We have tried to counter this by improving other triats that might now be reachable by dropping those 10 points. For example Modified Ammunition, Elixir Infuxed Bombs, and Armor Mods. Now all three of these lines, some more than others, have a strong reason to invest 30 points to match the strong grandmasters already in the other lines.Grenadier, Autodefense Bomb Dispenser, HGH, and Automated Response.

Firearms
We still feel this line is lackluster and in the future some merging and redesigning will take place, but we took the lowest hanging fruit for now. We talked about this line more than any other trait line, but at the end of the day the work and testing required got out of scope for this release. The other spot this line could get a quick pick-me-up is by making at least 2 or 3 of the adept traits in this line good choices.

Invogorating Speed
The indirect nerf to this through speedy kits will reduce some surviveability in the alchemy line, but we felt like it was important given how much other strong stuff that line has.

Master tier traits
Some good suggestions on builds that might open up if we improve some of the master tier traits would be good to see. Here is a pretty decent list of master tier traits that I still find underwhelming.

Explosive Powder, Enhance Performance, Power Showes, Elite Supplies, Deadly Mixture, Potent Elixirs, Packaged Stimulents, Power Wrench, Leg Mods.

Keep the discussion going and let’s see if we can find some room in those traits to bring those trait lines some more into play.

Thanks,

Jon

ItBurns fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Nov 3, 2013

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

CLAM DOWN posted:

Am I the only one who killed that guy, it was during the zergs in the first week of halloween and I didn't even realize we were attacking a boss until it was dead.

I killed him too under pretty much the same circumstances. We pushed him into that little mausoleum and that was pretty much the end of it.

Tiny Chalupa posted:

Last annoying question :/

Are Elementalist, or most classes, still wanting Berserker gear for the first set of exotic gear for/from dungeons?
I'm staff build with tons of aura's and stance changing to combo fields....I end up in water a lot because HoTn is a lovely dungeon where bosses/mobs have WAY more health than say CoF. poo poo the last boss takes as long as a whole Path 1 CoF run which is just kinda all sorts of :psyduck: to me

Am I wrong for wanting to consider some, I believe Knights gear with power/precision/health?

Also can someone point me to a different set of traits than my current setup because most other ones seem very eh

Glyph of I cast spells and heal(i do have the 25point one in case it comes in handy come the next patch)
Glyph of Air(run speed bonus)
Arcane Blast(to trigger my aoe fields more every 30 seconds)
My 3rd is just kinda eh whatever half the time. I sometimes grab the storm causing Glyph here

My elite is Fire sword when solo and Elemental when in dungeons.

Yet I've been running the same abilities since I got em unlocked, am I missing out on a ZOMG good ability?

If you go 30 into fire, 10 into Air, and 30 into Arcane you can run Staff, Scepter/Dagger+Dagger, and Lightning Hammer without respeccing. That will allow you to be fairly flexible as far as which weapon set is best at a certain point. The big traits are Ember's Might (III), Persisting Flames (XI) in fire, and Bolt to the Heart (VI) in Air. That's a fairly decent damage buff and will let you get the extra tick from Lava Font and stack fury. Take Conjurer (VIII) in Fire if you're using lightning hammer, otherwise take Pyromancer's Alacrity. The same is true for the Arcane adept; Blasting Staff for staff and renewing stamina for S/D or Lightning Hammer. Elemental Attunement and Evasive Arcana are the other traits in that line.

Ideally you'd just stack as much Power/Precision/Crit Damage as you can, but if you want more EHP you obviously need to start mixing in other pieces. The difference between Soldier (Power/Vit/Tough) and Valkyrie (Power/Vit/Crit Damage) is tiny, so just go with whatever is available to you. Knight's (Power/Precision/Toughness) is also an option. If you want to be a sperglord about it, you should swap your Chest, Legs, and Head first, as they have the worst ratio of defensive stats to crit damage.

Edit: With regard to the above poster, don't use Carrion gear. I don't know why anyone would even suggest that. Auramancer hasn't been a thing since beta, that's a bit out of left field as well.

ItBurns fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Nov 3, 2013

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
There used to be a site at https://www.argos-soft.net but it looks to be down now. You can use the PvP locker in the mists to preview all of the PvE armor, albeit some with different names. You can also link dyes using the codes from the wiki or other sites and preview them like armor. The only problem is that you can't mix the base/accent colors, as they affect a specific slot based on whether you've previewed them first/second/third/fourth.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
Here's a list of PvP builds that got posted.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/pvp/pvp/A-short-list-of-common-builds-in-PvP

It also doubles as a list of things that are getting nerfed on the 10th. Oddly enough my experimental wvw bunker conditrollimancer didn't make either list. I guess it's too underground/edge for people to have picked up on it.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

HaroldofTheRock posted:

What was that superior armor viewing site that gets linked every now and then?

This is also a thing.

http://www.gw2armorgallery.com/index.html

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Jonny Angel posted:

So can I guest on other worlds for WvW or am I doomed to never see the inside of Stonemist, ever.

You are doomed, forever.

Crimson posted:

How are thieves faring these days in WvW? I'm just getting back into this game with a friend who is playing Mesmer, and I'm debating starting a new class. Seems like everyone is really down on thieves, but it's hard to sift through the whiny babies on the official forums.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/gw2/Dec-10th-Balance-Preview/first
https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/professions/thief/Dec-10th-thief-changes

Thief is getting its best spec, S/D, nerfed rather significantly through a reduction in initiative regeneration, nerfs to vigor up-time, Opportunist, Signet Use, and Quick Recovery and a cast time being added to Sword 2. Base initiative regen is being buffed, but it won't counter the loss. Double S/D with Quick Pockets, presumably at the cost of Pain Response or Quick Recovery, and Energy sigils will help counter the nerf to initiative at the cost of losing SB.

The (seemingly) most popular build, Shadow Arts D/P, is also slated to be nerfed as it will become significantly more costly to stack stealth for long durations. That also translates to a minor loss in damage.

Glass cannon D/D and Sleight of Hand D/P will be about the same.

Thief will still be great for roaming though if only because of the sheer amount of mobility and stealth.

If I had to pick top 3 for post Dec 10 WvW roaming I'd say...

1.) Mesmer
2.) Thief
3.) Engi

Guardian or Ele could also end up being good depending upon how their changes look. Jon Peters has already acknowledged that the moves in the Ele Arcana line aren't the best option.

ItBurns fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Nov 5, 2013

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
I present to you a thread in which a pubbie writes out a dissertation on how he has discovered a hidden damage bonus that nobody has noticed until now, only to have me point out that he has a damage bonus on his runes and is in fact a moron.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/professions/elementalist/Armor-Efficiency-Equivalency/first

ImProVocateur posted:

• Step 1: Power = P, Objetive Armor = oA;
(P / (4 x oA)) = Initial Damage % = iD%. The number four is the scalar by which the adjusted stat (2750) becomes base Health (10800). The term (4 x oA) treats the actual Armor as if it were the basis for Health, instead.

• Step 2: Average Weapon Strength [average] = aWS;
(iD% x aWS) = Initial Damage = iD. This is a portion of the average weapon strength.

• Step 3: Skill Factor = SF;
(iD x SF) = Ability Damage = aD. This applies a skill coefficient appropriate for this equation, which might be different than a coefficient calculated using a different formula. The skill factor is the multiplicative value that results in the tooltip value when multiplied by iD; thus, aD should equal the tooltip value.

• Step 4: Target’s Amor = tA, Base Armor Vulnerability% = bAV% = 4%;
(((oA / tA) + bAV%) + 1) = Armor Vulnerability% = AV%. This is a percent deviance from the mean score (2600). Deviance is found by the difference of tA from the mean score. For example, the light practice golem in the Mists has an armor value of 2180. Armor Vulnerability% is found by (((2600 / 2180) + 0.04) + 1) = 123.26%, so the light practice golem takes an additional 23.26% damage, whereas the heavy golem (Armor 2597) takes barely over the Base Armor Vulnerability% (4%).

• Step 5:
(aD x AV%) = Actual Direct Damage = aDD. This result is the final value used as damage output for direct damage.

Nilgoow posted:

Ogre runes have a 4% damage modifier.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
On the other hand, mobs ressing each other is one of the more challenging features from GW1 that's absent from GW2. It could definitely become one of the more interesting mechanics in new content. I agree that the cash shop definitely plays into it though, since this is the second time they've had a swing at it with the same plan.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
On the other hand, conditions were really strong in PvP, so they'd have to split the two on basic mechanics. PvE is also mindlessly easy and driven entirely by being unemployed and grinding for cosmetic gear, so it's not like being able to do X% more condition damage to some boss is going to accomplish anything other than make some shitbag's experimental conditollimancer build marginally less awful.

To be honest I think they had always intended for them to be debuffs and never thought people would be dumb enough to smash their head against 25 stacks over and over while expecting some different result. Just use a power build v0v. Now that we have sweet floaters you can't even say that you like to see the numbers coming off of your target.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

malhavok posted:

This year.

I think this is what's driving people nuts. Speculation can only get worse as the potential window gets smaller and smaller.

I'm glad to see that the devs have acknowledged that the Ele arcana changes aren't the best option. I still have hope that they'll come out as a counter to necro and engi. Nerfing S/D thief is a huge buff to ele and mesmer in and of itself.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
I like to get on pubbie mumble and play with super-serious tryhards because

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
Where are you killing your allies? I did the instance at the top of the tower but didn't notice anyone familiar.

P/U Mesmer was also pretty easy to get to the top. I'm guessing Ele is probably trivial too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Full Fathoms Five posted:

Can someone post a couple Necro builds that would be useful in WvW and / or dungeons? I've only dabbled with this class and it looks pretty interesting, but I have no idea what to focus on.

The standard condi build is 30/20/0/0/20, which conveniently also works for power.

Condi:
http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=;044Z;1kHVF0p3ZJkJ0;9;4TJ;0J39A18;528-Kwk2;2hoHAhoHA2Vp

Power:
http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=V-437c;0kHVH084gJVJ0;9;4TJ;0J17B49;537-5NW0L;1G3G3G3G35By

Swap axe training for Chill of Death and Staff in PvP.

• Locked thread