Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
I've returned to the game after a long break and find it just as hard as before to figure out builds. There's so many options with different weapon combinations and traits I have no idea how you determine what works and what doesn't. I've seen endless builds listed at various websites but there's no information to help tell if it's good for anything.

Is crafting like most games, a money sink for people who've reached max level?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

So if I'm not interested in rushing I can just skip crafting? I guess I can sell the stuff I've collected.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

Alteisen posted:

Also, never costume brawl next to a cliff, just ask Glob. :mmmhmm:

I read about that earlier but didn't understand how it could work.

Then I found out first-hand. :smith:

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

What are the references to berserker, altruistic, etc.? Are they things that get added to equipment, or high level equipment flavors?

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

Are there any classes that can effectively use pistols for PvE stuff? Last time I played it seemed that pistol was considered lousy for everyone everywhere. That thief move that unloads with both pistols is pretty cool.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

Is there any benefit when doing PvE content to spending time in the territories of other races, or is it only a change of scenery?

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

What are metas?

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

I was trying to fully explore Lion's Arch and came across the pirate jumping puzzle. I'm terrible at jumping puzzles but I gave it a try anyway.

Goddamn that black room. I was trying to use my AOE target to reveal the pillars but I was still struggling. I finally wound up shooting off flame arrows and using the momentary light to see my jumps.

At the least the vendor could have had a pirate hat or some drat thing.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

All my characters are 20 or lower but I have four stacks of festival tokens. Is there anything in there worth buying or is it all either silly stuff or too high level to matter?

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

Schpyder posted:

You can get tomes for 300 tokens each, which you can use to raise your lowbies a few levels!

Looking again at the vendor that seems to be the only thing that would have any value.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

Does this mean it's ok to say that I created a ranger yesterday? :shobon:

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

Are fractals just random dungeons?

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

AmericanGeeksta posted:

I can't help but feel like I'm randomly running around pointlessly most of the time :v:

Switch areas and do the quests for a different race. I do pretty much only PvE and it's interesting to see what the Charr and Asura lands are like. Some of the quests that turn into a string of events are fun, even if you wind up being the only person on it.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

The monthly has a jumping puzzle section that I'm up to 4 on. I switched to a character that had never done the Lion's Arch puzzles and did one and it didn't count. So it has to be completely different puzzles no matter which character's doing them?

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

Fffffff. I'm terrible at these things, even with guides. That one with the disappearing pads gives me the drat sweats.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

Alteisen posted:

No, the skins stay in your wardrobe, you lose the look if you change armor.

So if you use a transmute to change the appearance of a piece of armor as soon as you remove the armor you lose the transmute?

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

weinus posted:

What's up with dye prices? I'm at work

Is it bad that I use all the dyes I find? Even the bad ones?

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

Apparently all I needed to enjoy playing a mesmer was to make a fat, bald Norn with a fiery goatee and day-glo clothing.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

Is the new content L80 only? I got an entry in my journal and it's locked up until then.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

My mesmer is having an identity crisis.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

The flamethrower might be useless but it sure looks and sounds cool. I was running around frying critters with it.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

Please stop tempting me to make another alt.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

I don't feel as bad about being lousy at dodging when I keep blinding everything.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

I decided to try a little WvW and other than having to run for miles it was alright. I followed a GOON commander around and killed a couple of guys before we were swarmed, my fps dropped to 1 and we all died. Overall a success.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

KittyEmpress posted:

Who would ever choose anything besides Quaggan? loving terrible.

:frogdowns::hf::frogdowns:

Hylek would be ok though.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

Mercurius posted:

Going to be at work when the patch drops but as an FYI I expect to see a parade of GOON and SFD engineers with flamethowers running around Lion's Arch when I get home.

I've been using the flamethrower almost exclusively and sort of making it work. Are there details on what the improvements will be because I just love setting everything on fire with this thing.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

There's going to be a tidal wave of butts now isn't there?

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

I finally encountered a bird person NPC and for some reason the voice actor recording sounded terrible, like it was some guy using a headset.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

Your Asura is Emmett Kelly.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

If Wandering Island isn't a patch of trees and grass and sand carried around on the back of a turtle I'm going to be so disappointed.

It's e-sports all the way down.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

teagone posted:

Real talk, what pet should I use with my ranger while leveling? Currently at 35 and I've been using a stalker/drake combo so far. Is that sufficient?

I've been using a pig because of the knockdown and a drake. In the water I use a jellyfish because they seem to destroy everything.

I recently picked up some sort of mangy bear-thing that spews poison but I haven't had a chance to test it much,

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

I hope you like the new mount they're adding...

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

There's a terrain exploit in the Lunatic Inquisition and the drat villagers are all hiding up in it. Only way to make this crap event even worse.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

LtSmash posted:

Yeah. Is it possible for the other team to get there and if so where is it?

Ghosts can't seem to get there. A bit too slow for the necessary jump. Also can't fear the villagers out of the spot.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

What is Job-o-Tron?

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

Ashley Madison posted:

A cheeky mechanical friend.

It will cost me my soul in gems, won't it?

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

It turns out that using a L9 greatsword at L24 is not very effective. :blush:

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

Going to need alot more inventory space for that.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

New finishing move!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

Can only trade in the Wintersday items for more of those gift boxes? It seems all I get from those are harvesting tools, crafting mats and more gift boxes.

• Locked thread