Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

God damnit. I started playing this again and came in here to check out the goon thread, and turns out I'm in that PvE thug life video from Pax south that's in the OP. (I'm not the guy talking, I didn't even hear what he said at the time).

So now that I got to see how hideous I look on camera, how's GW2 things? :buddy:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Finally hit 80, now the real game begins

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

I spent money on this game and now I'm not even a flower anymore!

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Yeah that actually sounds really neat for boss fights.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Arus' buffs were mighty this day.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

DonVincenzo posted:

The ranger survival build is very dumb. Not as dumb as shoutbow it would seem though.

Is that the shortbow and axe/dagger ranger build? That's what I've been using in spvp and it's a ton of fun.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

DonVincenzo posted:

There are two variations on the same concept yeah. Alteisen was using the axe/dagger and sword/torch one.

I tried that one out, but I really can't stand using the sword. It just doesn't feel smooth to me, plus I keep loving up and using the 2 at the wrong time and catapulting myself backward off a cliff or some poo poo. The shortbow version is more about bleed stacking, and I'm quite happy with it.

Plus when I get my Dreamer some far-off day in the future I can shoot unicorns and rainbows at people and it'll be awesome

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

I can't decide if I regret this yet or not.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

okay that's loving terrifying :wtc:

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

I'm in pretty much the same boat and this is what I do. I play one or two matches a day and I've gotten a bunch of cool weapon skins and other neat stuff.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Kessel posted:

i want to play a pet class - ranger

This sometimes turns people off who hate pet classes, but the ranger pet in this game isn't really something you have to worry about too much. What you do get is a pokemon quest of going out in the world and finding all the coolest pets to tame.

As a class, ranger is a pew pew archer and/or melee skirmisher, like an old school D&D ranger.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

ItBurns posted:

You need transmutation charges. You get 1 from 100%ing a capital city, 1 from some of the dailies, and 1 from one of the PvP tracks.

All sPvP reward tracks have 4 transmute charges in them. That's where I get most of mine.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

I like how I can go from wrangling adorable chickens one minute:

And the next minute kill a huge fuckoff dragon.

:allears:

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Kalsco posted:

I'm aware that in the 2+ years this game has been out things have changed, but is there anything in particular that will have changed radically? Or has it just been content updates+class tuning?

I did the same thing, the biggest things I noticed were the new trait system and new wardrobe/dye system. Big improvements over the old systems IMO.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

You ate it didn't you

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

This is all I got.

:allears:

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Mercurius posted:

Arus sent me 120 stuffed zucchini. I think he's trying to tell me something.

I sent him 250 sticks of butter in return :getin:

During sPvP Sunday this weekend I basically always just focused on him the entire time and I think I beat him a couple times and he killed me dropped a chicken coop on my head a bunch but I think I mainly just made him really frustrated cause I'm a survival ranger and then he sent me 250 packets of salt.

Kerrzhe fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Mar 11, 2015

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Kessel posted:

• 牦牛纹章:激活该纹章时会施加10层稳固。
Dolyak Signet: 10 stacks

" Yak heraldry: 10 floors will be applied firmly to activate the coat of arms."

I love google translate. :allears:

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Kessel posted:

• 稳固训练:激活该技能时会施加5层稳固,稳固持续时间为3秒。
I don't know what this trait is called in EN but it's 5 stacks for 3s

Stability Training.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

I guess I can stop logging in to EB borderlands every couple hours to see if anyone on my team has taken the last tower I need for full WvW map completion.

(I'll probably still do it anyway, because I like things being complete.)

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

JohnnyCanuck posted:

Which tower, and when do you normally play? Maybe an incredibly large zerg of goons might be able to help!

Don't worry, I got the vista about 5 minutes after I made that post! :buddy:

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Inzombiac posted:

Can one of you lovelies link a fun Ranger build that is devoid of bows? Playing mine is a tad stale.

Sword/Torch + Axe/Dagger is a fairly popular condition ranger build. I prefer the other condi build cause I like shortbow.

Though this is just for tryhard sPvP, if you're just doing pve/questing stuff greatsword/axe+horn or torch is pretty great.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Eltoasto posted:

Why rangers? I've never felt super powerful on my ranger. Is there some troll build I am missing?

Power Ranger.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

:buddy:

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Ooh. I wonder what the Shadow weapons look like. Too bad I have no dang tickets :(

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

The new map completion highlights are pretty great. Just spaz your mouse around over the list on the left and see everything you still need to get!

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Makeover maaakeover, makeover maakeover!

One of the new sylvari faces from the patch today. Not bad, I'd say.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

gnarlyhotep posted:

weird, it just looks untextured

(that's because its texture got broken in the patch)

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Do any spvp at all (do one or two matches a day to get the dailies done) and you'll be swimming in free Tomes of Knowledge and level 80 exotic weapons. My most recent character hit level 80 before even setting foot in the level 25+ zones, and had a full set of weapons waiting in the bank.

Now my goal is to finish world completion a little bit at a time and work on my legendary, and continue wrecking fools in spvp. Gotta get that shark finisher.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

AnimalChin posted:

Is there an updated map site? Cartographers is pretty broken.

e: missing one waypoint in plains of ashford if anyone knows where the new one is.

The missing waypoint in Plains of Ashford is probably the one down by the guild jumping puzzle, south of the Guardpoint Decimus waypoint in the southwestern part of the map.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Kessel posted:

ahahahaha they broke conditions

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/support/bugs/Burn-condi-is-broken-nerfed-or-glitched

Go to the mists and you can test it out. Throw some poison on a target and watch your poison damage fluctuate for no good reason

Nooo my bleed ranger :negative:

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

I did a couple quick tests and my bleeds and poisons seem to be doing normal damage. Or at least it's not fluctuating around like crazy like those other people were saying. :shrug:

Edit: Right up until I tried Bonfire, which steadily drops in damage with each tick. :confused:

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Played a match with this guy today.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Basically each player race has a corresponding enemy faction that you fight against. Separatists, Flame Legion, Nightmare Court, Inquest, Sons of Svanir. They could all be called guilds, I suppose. But that's got nothing to do with the original Guild Wars that MooCowlian described, which barely even featured in the first game. I think they just thought it sounded like a cool name.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

I miss airplane mode already. Apparently it was inspired by this old beta bug video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CunHb3TJsg

My first GW2 screenshot:

I was so excited to find the secret underwater cave under Lion's Arch with the armor fish :3:

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Gw027.jpg, from the April 2012 stress test/beta thing. I'm not sure if these glasses ever made it to live.

This was my outfit during the July end-of-stress-test Hunger Games event, which was fun as hell.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

I want the elite assassin Kurzick armor:

poo poo was awesome.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Musket posted:

I got this game cuz I got burned out on a different mmo. I am playing a Ranger and am not sure what to do besides press buttons. Is this game play as you want?

Tame all the pets, do all the jumping puzzles, view all the vistas, chop trees, mine, pick flowers, shoot at people in spvp, run around in panic in WvW, play pretty pretty dressup, have a good time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

ItBurns posted:

Female special snowflake supremacy.

Everyone knows girls don't play video games.

• Locked thread