Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Someone should come do Arah 2 with me :gbsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

I like how I made it to the end of the puzzle with the extra gift box and got absolutely nothing from the chest for some reason!

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Can you imagine a staff ele with all celestial attacks? :allears:

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

I think keys are account bound, so no reason not to if you get them for free.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

How do I cash out my pvp mats when I have no glory?

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Go RV! posted:

You don't need glory for mats, unless you want to buy salvage kits/more armor. Combining mats doesn't need any glory.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/PvP_crafting_materials

You need the consumable/equipment tokens which are 200glory each unless I'm missing something.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Today I told a pubbie to have fun in sPvP

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Lonk posted:

Haha I know >_< but seriously go do Boss Blitz and you'll see why I am this way now. I can't even picture a single person defending this as good design, not one.

Not sure if this is still true but the drat tickets dropped from everything last time around. I still have like 70 I never paid for.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

I think the armor not looking like concept art is kinda inevitable. It's the difference between an artist who can use brushes and lighting to make things look softer in a 2d image and a modeler who has to make it work with less detail and cleaner lines. Also pubbies are bad at dyes.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Permanent hair style contract, available for 2 weeks, black lion chests only :negative:

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

I like staff because it's actually a very good dps weapon. Staying in fire most of the time is a-ok, just rotate through the elements using their 2 spells while fire stuff is on cooldown. I use a 6/2/2/2/2 build for max deeps but a 6/0/0/2/6 would work too. Fire line has VI,VII,and XI, air water and earth are VI, and arcane is V. The first two traits in fire and the first in water can be switched around for the situation though. If you use 6/0/0/2/6 the fire and water lines are the same and I use V, VIII, and XI in arcane. This might not be ~mlg pro~ but I'm happy with the damage. And with soldiers gear and mistform you can usually retreat just fine.

I don't really have a great build for max survivability but I did use 0/0/6/6/2 when running around during season 1. Best way to survive is dodge the red circles and any obvious tells. A sigil of energy is great on ele.

My first class was ele too! I played guardian next and that didn't feel very squishy to me. People have also been saying staff necromancers are good for damage and survivability because of the second life bar and apparently wells do a lot of damage now? :shrug:

Xun fucked around with this message at 11:10 on Jul 30, 2014

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

You better play Hatoful boyfriend! Do it for Butts! Do it for the guild! Do it...for Goshawk!

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

CLAM DOWN posted:

It's totally loving not, it's a Goshawk reference!!!!
It's a hatoful boyfriend reference

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

he bought the emote :ssh:

Then victory is mine!! Arus play Hatoful Boyfriend

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Tell me about the bloodstone eating plant!!! CAN I STOP TRASHING THAT poo poo

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM AN MMO ON MY PC. ITS GUILD WARS 2 AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, THE THIEF. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME RISEN BASTARDS OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP BACKSTAB. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY ESCAPED TYRIA’S MOST USELESS MARSHAL. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY GUILD CHAT AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN GUILD CHAT CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JERKS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE BUILDS AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY THEORYCRAFTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNING. THEN I FARM.

Xun fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Aug 15, 2014

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

CLAM DOWN posted:

Nah it's not fractals themselves that I don't like, Cletus can attest to this too, I've just had a horrible experience with bad groups. It's been better the last couple nights.

Also the reward system is an utter joke. I did a 19, got a chest, did a 29, no chest. What the gently caress. Doing a harder fractal should give me an equal or greater reward. It's dumb as gently caress.

It's this magical thing called

RNG

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Inzombiac posted:

Anyone know what armor this is? He's the heart vendor at the vineyard in Queensdale.

Looks like human t2 cultural chest/shoulders with some karma pants

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Today I found something

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Heavy Lobster posted:

Hey Arus, as curator of shields, can you tell me what this one is?

It looks exactly like the Crystal Ring Shield in Dark Souls, which I've always wanted to pull off in an outfit there, but may have more luck with in Guild Wars.

Mistforged hero, you get it from the wvw tournaments

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Well I finally got all my dumb pretty princesses to level 80, might was well :effort: up a full group shot.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Just resize the image with any dumb art program! Problem solved

edit: I suggest gimp because its free and simplish

Xun fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Sep 9, 2014

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Mercurius posted:

It was a joke comment relating to the fact that Hyper Cutter and I both have over 20 alts :v:

Oh snap that's crazy dude. Guess you could always try...making them really small? :v:

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

We are STILL in gold league?!

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Arus is fat

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

CLAM DOWN posted:

Good suggestions, thanks Circe :)

Not skanky enough too fat 3/10

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

This Halloween I'm dressing up as the scariest thing of all

anime.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Kessel posted:

This joke works on so many levels. Please tell me it has a good name.

His name is Aznable, truly the most sugoi :downs:

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

It was just fixed, they had the disable red circles option checked!

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Thunderbro posted:

I'm really curious whether this is just a bug or an intended design option that trying to lower visual noise stops you from being able to see boss mechanics.

I think the option is supposed to be used for filming/screenshots, its literally a check box to turn off all circles :shrug:

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I used a bunch of the leveling tomes my baby PvP guardian has earned and blasted her to 80. To celebrate I went to visit Tequatl and there I learned the true joy of light fields.

Bonus Sylvari princess:

Aww I was gona do that armor set for my next outfit :qq:

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

N-n-n-new pretty princess

edit: Why can't I take higher quality screenshots anet!!!!

Xun fucked around with this message at 09:08 on Oct 21, 2014

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Place Ad Here posted:

So I recently hit 80 on my horrible elementalist and I am looking for a simple guide on how to play him in PvE. Basically looking for trait/skills, stat prioritization, and a general rotation. Nothing over the top but enough so that I don't embarrass myself when I try to do stuff.

What are you looking to play? All the weapons are pretty different, I can give advice for staff and at least a rotation and a stat line for d/d.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

I just wish getting the gloves were less annoying. Oh yes let's rely not only on pubbie competence but ALSO hope for RNG chests dropping the gloves (10 chests opened 1 pair of gloves atm). Or you could grind bandit tokens for hours! Wow so fun! So many people are just lying down and accepting this as "good design" that it makes me furious.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Sorry to say "healing/support" builds uh

Don't exist in this game. Well, the healing bit at least. You're better off helping the party by DPS with a side of buffs/reflects. Maybe a virtues build?

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

I use 1-10 as the alternates and it works just fine :shrug:

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

You could have mastered something with all those hours

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

fractals_with_sfd.png

• Locked thread