Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
I feel like any time I have found an armor set I actually like the look of, I quickly realize I am the wrong profession or the wrong race for the look I want. I approve of Anet adding all these armor skins to the gem store yet I'm not sure how I feel about any of them on my own characters so far... Starting to regret not having my guardian be a male human.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

Batham posted:

In order to avoid terrible runs where we wipe every 2 minutes, I actively avoid people that have 8-9k achievement points or more. Why? Because they never loving listen. Something goes wrong? Other people are to blame and they immediately ditch the party. This weekend I was helping a guildy get her CM armor and we got 3 people with around 1k achievement points, that were between levels 50 to 70, for path 2.

The run went smooth and without a hitch, because they listened and did what I told them to do. I can't count the times people kept banging their heads against the door where you need to plant the kegs, because they prefer to wipe for half an hour than spend 2 minutes explaining and agreeing on how we're going to do it and/or what needs to happen.

And the thing is, I've been doing a lot of pugs these past few months and it's a noticeable pattern that keeps repeating itself.

I imagine they go looking for achievements up their own asses and get trapped up there then they refuse to listen because achievements = complete mastery of the game so if something goes wrong it must be others!

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
Somehow I never feel like they actually take any ranger re-balances seriously. I've long been of the opinion that ranger is fine for PvE and not so much for dungeon but it feels like as long as they're good in one area, it's all good for Anet. Also did I misread that or did ANet say they wanna bring damage down on warriors by nerfing hammers that a lot of warriors don't even use and buffing everything else?

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

ShadowMar posted:

Hey guys, I fixed the trailer for ANet! I think you'll find it's definitely an improvement!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJBB8BjlWkA

golfclap. Oh boy I cannot wait for Tower of Scarlet though because nothing says excitement like enemy alliances with Scarlet being behind them :downswords:

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

BexGu posted:

I'll never forget that magically day...........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVDyZE7HPcM

I don't even have the words for this. :golfclap:

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
Scarlet Briar is the Tyler Perry of Guild Wars 2. Oh god someone please make it stop.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

If only the cab played the nightmare tower buttrock the entire time while driving around.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

Secret Sweater posted:

I'm pretty sure both options fall under the large irresponsible spectrum.

This definitely falls under a spectrum alright.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
I will not be happy until they make quaggan playable and they get the option of dreadlocks so I can make Foolio

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

Getting my necro in the holiday spirit oh boy. :downs:

Lonk fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Dec 8, 2013

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
"After December 10, there will be just four releases left in the current major world story arc, which we like to think of as season one of the Living World. There are some major unanswered questions that remain: What is Scarlet trying to do? What is the motivation behind her actions? What are the “do not touch” devices? What will Scarlet do with the knowledge she has gained from her various collaborations? The answers to all of these questions, and one epic finale that will rock Tyria to its very core, await you in 2014."

"Due to the size and scope of the final four story releases in season one, the next round of major features will be bundled together into a large “feature only” release that will come after the first season of the Living World 2014 has finished."

So there's only four more of SCARLET SCARLET SCARLET living story updates but they're not coming until AFTER the "first season" of living world 2014? Did I read that correctly? Basically they're confirming it will finally end but you've still gotta put up with Scarlet for 4 more releases but they're delaying the releases because gently caress you deal with it you aren't getting rid of her that soon.

:downsgun:

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

Aesis posted:

Thanks. I joined SFD two days ago. tbh guy I know's been telling me Thief is useless, so I am a bit worried if I wasted my time.

Never listen to anyone who tells you any class is useless because it's almost always based on their personal hatred of said class for being bad at a specific build/particular area of the game and in no way really reflects how useful they are overall.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

SierraNovember posted:

This seems to be a word that I haven't heard.

Avian means bird, as in all the bird jokes in guild chat in [GOON]. =p

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

Hunter Noventa posted:

It had something of one. Bows would do more damage from higher ground if I recall.

I believe it was set up where projectiles from bows (maybe other things?) scaled up in damage based on distance so having higher ground would help this.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

Glorious. I'm sensing a trend with Arenanet and contests where you can win if you make really bad art.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I came back from afk this evening to discover a coven of goons using me for ritual holiday sacrifice. :saddowns:

Seems about right....goons being too fat to really fly.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
Welp I lost my ability to play via not having access to a PC anymore capable of playing so take care goonbuds. Might be back someday but we'll see.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

Virgil posted:

But who will be there to give us our weekly bear puns when you are gone?

It will be hard to bear the pain of no Lonk, I'm sure.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

CM's actually my favorite dungeon in the game by far. That said, the difference between a nightmare run from hell and a ten minute pleasure cruise is having a decent thief.

Such subtle modesty :>

In other news I am currently working on building a PC which hopefully will be done by mid to late January so no worries, the terrible puns will return to [Goon] in the future. I can bearly contain my excitement to get out of this hairy situation!

*edit* Hey what you have TWO incinerators now?! grats :p

Lonk fucked around with this message at 11:19 on Dec 31, 2013

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
My mesmer

Nothing fancy but hey I enjoy it.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
I've gotten my necromancer pretty much how I want him to look now though I wish I could make the stupid karka backpack darker.

I'm thinking to get him more necro-y minipets to use too.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

graynull posted:

Looks like the heritage staff to me.

Yep exactly that.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

ApeHawk posted:

http://imgur.com/a/Ykv4r#1

Pretty impressive, I've gotta say.

:golfclap:

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
I'm half expecting the titbot to be a really annoying and terrible fight just so arenanet can go "welp see this is why we had you spam a single button to fight Zhaitan, large fights simply do not work well!"

Also gently caress off with making bloodtide coast sucky with that wurm; I happen to like bloodtide coast don't ruin it arg. Are all the speculators gonna be right about Scarlet just being controlled by jungle dragon now? grooooaaaannnnnnnnnnn. I'm not sure if it's worse to have that or worse for her to just continue being an insane Mary Sue.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

Okay I'm going to be forever broke, drat you anet

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

Werner-Boogle posted:

My client just downloaded a small patch

:toot:

I thought this was a feature!

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/%22Devotion%22

welp that's a thing.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

Captain Backslap posted:

I keep forgetting they post all the moosik they do on their Soundcloud.

Ahh yes, they have the horrible tower buttrock up on there for everyone to enjoy. The worst part is I can honestly say the buttrock is better than the living story updates.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

GaylordButts posted:

Let's say you have a level ~40 engineer. Is there a better plan for solo pve than grenade spam or walking away while placing bombs?

I wish I could suggest something here but sounds like those are the best ways to play which is exactly why I cannot stand to play my engineer for more than 20-30 minutes at a time. I just want turrets that are worthwhile.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
"Prepare to chase Scarlet’s Aetherblade pirates into a place beyond time and space – the mysterious Edge of the Mists!"

Nope. :downsgun:

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Will you buy me a shark spear? ;-*

e: I need an icon that's a kissy bird face

Birds with lips. :woop:

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

Mosthated posted:

OH MY GOD!

Edit: Coming next patch!

Anet always finds new ways to keep me poor.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

I might be forced to get the shield.

edit: I think I just found a use for the gas mask as well.

Lonk fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Feb 4, 2014

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

One of the few shields not ruined by Aegis imo. It's almost like they designed this one with Aegis in mind.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

:allears:

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

:pervert:

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

drat you Anet where is my drunken bar room brawls at? Also good lord @ that mini collection. Right on!
:sparkles:

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

ApeHawk posted:

No no no, it's Destiny's ORPHANS! Even though "orphans" implies all of them have lost both their parents. Braham still has his mommy Eir, we don't know anything about Rox's father, Kasmeer's dad might still be alive, Marjory is PROBABLY going to die, and sylvari all fall out of their mother when born.

"You see us as a skrillex, an anime, a detective, a lesmer and a cripple. Correct? That's the way we saw each other at seven o'clock this morning. We were brainwashed.

Sincerely yours, The Pity Me Club"

:downsgun:

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
I'm glad that we're getting closer to the end of it all and LA being hosed over might be kinda exciting, yet I cannot help but groan at another one of these trailers where it talks about how X has remained around mostly untouched then we get the "UNTIL NOW!" :scarlet: moment because Scarlet is cool and pretty and can do anything she wants to because she's the best character ever omg :nyan:

I think this writing is literally killing me slowly, worse than my diet and drinking habits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
Confirming that Growth Tonic does not stack with the growing effect of box of chocolates.

• Locked thread