Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
John Lightning
Mar 10, 2012

Kazoo posted:

Oh before I forget you can all oggle the prettiest princess in the game:

wow I need Bolt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Lightning
Mar 10, 2012
He probably has a few cavities and Goon Squad doesn't have dental insurance.

John Lightning
Mar 10, 2012
Looks like I should probably stop playing this game then, I only have 1 level 80 which is my thief. I'm not pro enough for dungeons.

John Lightning
Mar 10, 2012
Does this mean we get more of your horrible WvW videos?

John Lightning
Mar 10, 2012

Lamp Stack posted:

I have my SAB finisher. I don't think i'll ever want another one.

Yeah the 8bit mushroom cloud is by far the best and only finisher I will ever need.

John Lightning
Mar 10, 2012
The hybrid is ridiculously easy, I'm a zerker thief and I was able to solo him by just standing on him and meleeing

John Lightning
Mar 10, 2012
Ugh more medium armor trench coats.

John Lightning
Mar 10, 2012
So they removed the Flamekissed light armor from the gem store. https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/gw2/Cultural-Human-T3-Not-Exclusive/3275237

John Lightning
Mar 10, 2012

ItBurns posted:

D/P is good but spamming HS inside of BP died on Dec 10 and nobody misses it.

I tried D/P for the first time last night and it was a ton of fun. Although it was in sPvP and I wasnt spamming HS in BP. Using this spec there was almost nothing that I couldn't kill and multiple times I was able to take down 2, 3, even once or twice 4 ppl at once.

I wouldn't use this spec for PvE ever though.

John Lightning
Mar 10, 2012

Heavy Lobster posted:

Scarlet can't even get her stupid loving rhymes right. :colbert:

Scarlet is horrible in literally everything.

John Lightning
Mar 10, 2012
Yeah I've been esporting a bunch lately while I wait for the next living story and I've been having a lot of fun. Almost every night I've been trying to get a Team Arena group going and most of the time we can get 3 or 4 battles which are tons of fun with other dentists.

John Lightning
Mar 10, 2012

CLAM DOWN posted:

Laziness I'm disappointed you let Jon Lightning win.

I didn't even have to bribe him!

John Lightning
Mar 10, 2012
I think the next elder dragon is going to be a world event and anet is trying to teach us to work together. I don't know if it is working though.

John Lightning
Mar 10, 2012

gandlethorpe posted:

Haven't kept up with this game for a week or so, and I'm not sifting through 400 posts to find the useful information. What's the verdict on the last update?

They gave up on trying to fix elementalists and just deleted them. Anyone who had an elementalist has a warrior now.

John Lightning
Mar 10, 2012
Anet fixed the ever increasing inventory window! Also some other bugs were fixed.

GW2 Forums posted:

The inventory window no longer slowly grows when opened and closed repeatedly.

John Lightning
Mar 10, 2012
Free Trading Post Express in the gem store.

John Lightning
Mar 10, 2012
I still have about 55k glory. I wonder what I should do with it.

Also the new sPvP rewards look amazing, who wants to team arena tonight!?

John Lightning
Mar 10, 2012
Get both passes so you can be a .1%'er

John Lightning
Mar 10, 2012
Definitely no more guesting once this has been completely implemented, also the blog post said people with similar interests will get grouped together so role players have nothing to worry about except that there might be more non role playing people in their server. Pretty sweet change though, this is the best patch.

John Lightning
Mar 10, 2012
Good luck finding a map without an open balthazar now that the population of maps will be much larger.

John Lightning
Mar 10, 2012

Dinictus posted:

Up to 15 people on a section of turrets, three of which operating their turrets. So that's up to 30 people designated already. Two groups of DPS with a few mesmers and guardians that can reflect. Command appreciated on the DPS to help designate safe zones or spots where to damage Teq for double-hitting cleaving auto-attacks and AOE's.

How did you get to 26?

TTS does Tequatl with 16 people for turret defense including the 6 turret operators. They've been doing this for a long time so you're both wrong. Although they do have an emergency response group of 5 that will go assist turrets if they need it, but most of the time they don't.

John Lightning
Mar 10, 2012
I like both PVE and sPVP. A little variation is what lets me keep playing this game otherwise I would get bored of just PVE.

Also everyone cross your fingers so that Team Starfleet Dental gets accepted into The Tournament of Legends.

John Lightning
Mar 10, 2012

Illuyankas posted:

Which is the more sickening portmanteau, Gosarus or Arusawk?

Arus should send them the SFD video of him and Swiss getting married. Then explain how they've gotten divorced and now Arus has married Goshawk.

John Lightning
Mar 10, 2012
If you are interested in Living Story speculation here is a picture with a line following waypoints that are being attacked by vines.

This is from the GW2 forums: https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/livingworld/s2/What-is-that-Vine-doing-to-the-WP/first

John Lightning
Mar 10, 2012
Hopefully next week has some good stuff, so far all we have is an Improvement Patch.

John Lightning
Mar 10, 2012
No, not till the 21st. https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/upcoming-events-in-guildwars2/

John Lightning
Mar 10, 2012
You can get wrappers from Trick-or-Treat bags. Give them to the skritt in the old trading post ship in Lions Arch. Each wrapper is once chance. At the end of Halloween a few lucky people will get a weapon skin in the mail.

John Lightning
Mar 10, 2012
I always assumed we would fight the jungle elder dragon in an expansion!

John Lightning
Mar 10, 2012

chumbler posted:

Is the carapace chest at least a guaranteed drop so as to minimize suffering?

It is the first time you kill it as it is linked to the achievement. After that though it is random.

John Lightning
Mar 10, 2012

Visidan posted:

Revenants will be untomable for 6 months.

Aww man, I have almost a full set of pink armor and weapons for my Revenant. I was gonna pop a level 20 scroll and 60 level tomes, plus 250 skill point scrolls. drat

John Lightning
Mar 10, 2012
Well at least I'll be able to get 2 more classes to 80 if I can't use my tomes on my Revenant. I can't help it that sPvP shits out level tomes!

John Lightning
Mar 10, 2012
A masterpiece

John Lightning
Mar 10, 2012
I want to see Cletus' /age. I'm thinking 6000+ hours.

John Lightning
Mar 10, 2012

Spooky Bear Ghost posted:

none of my characters are white human females :smug:

Same

John Lightning
Mar 10, 2012
Have they shown what the staff skills do when using the demon or dwarf legend?

John Lightning
Mar 10, 2012

AzureSkye posted:

The weapon skills stay consistent; legends change your heal, utilities, and elite.

Oh alright then staff sounds super lame now

John Lightning
Mar 10, 2012
Some anet dude on reddit said they'd help anyone who recently bought the core game upgrade to the expansion.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3a46s4/preorders_for_heart_of_thorns_are_now_live/cs96lfu

everyone can stop crying now

John Lightning
Mar 10, 2012

SlothBear posted:

The collection bug is where you unlock a skin in your wardrobe but not the collection. This makes the collection impossible to complete.

It's been reported fairly consistently by many users for at least four months now.

I thought they fixed this? I had an issue with one of the exotic weapons and then they had a patch and it was fixed for me. I also haven't had any issues since and I've completed 4 dungeon collections since that patch.

John Lightning
Mar 10, 2012
I think you all are underestimating how swamped the electro dye market is going to be after this sale. I doubt it electro blue will ever go over 200g again and the rest will probably never pass 100g. Anet will bring them back before that happens again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Lightning
Mar 10, 2012
Friday and Saturday should be interesting.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/events/twitchcon-2015/

quote:

Join ArenaNet at TwitchCon for two days of Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns presentations, interviews, and discussion!

Moscone West
800 Howard St. (at the corner of Fourth St.)
San Francisco, CA 94103
Guild Wars 2 Booth: #827

Booth Activities
Play the Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns demo and get Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns goodies.
Play Guild Wars 2 in the LAN area and participate in Player vs. Player exhibition matches.
Watch ArenaNet developer presentations.
See some of your favorite Guild Wars 2 Twitch community streamers.
Meet ArenaNet developers.
Watch Our Presentation on Twitch’s Main Stage
We’re presenting on the Twitch main stage on Friday, September 25, at 3:00 p.m. Pacific Time (UTC-7). Tune in for the world premiere of the Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns launch trailer. We’ll also be streaming this on our Twitch channel.

Are You a Twitch Partner?
We’ll have a presentation in the VIP Lounge on Friday, September 25, at 2:00 p.m. Pacific Time (UTC-7).

If you’d like to make an appointment, please fill in this form. You can also stop by our booth to set up a meeting during TwitchCon.

Livestream Programming Schedule*
We’ll be streaming all day on September 25 and 26 from 10:00 a.m. Pacific Time (UTC -7) to 6:00 p.m. Pacific Time (UTC -7), so join ArenaNet developers and special guests for presentations, community spotlights, and more!

Friday, September 25
  • Starting Out in Guild Wars 2
  • First Look at the Ranger Elite Profession Specialization
  • Musical Performance
  • “A Taste of Tyria” with Jennifer Hale
  • Adventures in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns
  • Premiere of the Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns Launch Trailer
  • PvP Discussion
  • WvW Discussion
  • Masteries
  • Skill Balance Preview
  • And more!

Saturday, September 26
  • Designing Raids in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns
  • Returning to Guild Wars 2
  • Making of the Launch Trailer
  • Legendary Journey
  • “A Taste of Tyria” with Jennifer Hale
  • Story Missions
  • Intro to PvP
  • Heart of Thorns Maps
  • Community Showcase Live
  • Voice Acting in Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns: Behind the Scenes
  • And more!
*Schedule and content is subject to change.

• Locked thread