Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Short question:
I played warrior when GW2 launched, got bored pretty fast and stopped playing. I think I need a class that's hard to learn and complex to play. Being sought after for groups would be a plus but is not necessary. Which one would you recommend?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Erdricks posted:

Mesmer. Alternatively, engineer or ele.

Thanks. I will try those. :)

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Schpyder posted:

Note that only mesmer really meets your "plus" criteria. Engineers are fine in groups but not sought out. Eles are usually avoided except in situations where ice bow is useful. :/

Then mesmer it is!

daspope posted:

A different game.

I mean welcome back, have fun, and all but don't expect that much more depth out of any of the other classes. Some people like to pretend that mesmer or elementalist or engineer or (the class they play the most) is some special snowflake, but they're only marginally more complicated than warrior.

Well, I'm only planning to level through the content and do some group stuff so I hope this will be fine.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

It's a good change overall. The only problematic part are world bosses. I wonder how they'll deal with that. But they'll talk about this soon anyways.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

I'm slowly approaching level 80 (L52 at the moment) and thinking about how I want to get my level 80 exotic gear. I want to do WvW for the weapons and Honour of Waves for the armor. Is this dungeon popular right now?

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

rap music posted:

Plenty of people run HotW1, don't know about the other wings though.

Good to hear. And I'm not planning to do more than one wing per day anyways.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Practically hub cities will still be per server. The only difference to now will be that two smaller servers might be put together in one instance of the city.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Tivac posted:

Like most anonymous review sites Glassdoor is mostly people who were unhappy with the company. I wouldn't recommend using it as some sort of window into the rotten core of ArenaNet as IMO most of the negative things written there are completely untrue.

Glassdoor has some worth as long as you have the proper context. You always have to compare with other similar companies and then you get some rough information about employee satisfaction. Not much more though.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Just imagine gw2 but with the amount of content wow has. That would be awesome.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

victorisham posted:

Guild Wars 2 was the first MMORPG I ever hit max level in. The easy level progression is a godsend and I can't picture myself staying in any other game like it for too long.

Leveling in Aion went from ultra grindy to ultra fast and it's still lovely. (Except for the combat feel and the times when you have balanced open PvP.)

Leveling speed is really not that important if the journey is fun and if you can already do some max level stuff from the beginning.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

its easy because you only need to do 4 dailies and then buy 500 items to diassemble for the two monthlies.

April is split into two halves. First half is now with halfed rewards in the old system. Second half is after the patch with halfed rewards in the new sytem.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Mizuti posted:

I think another reason that thief is considered a more advanced class to learn is Shadow Refuge. It's absolutely a must for every thief, but the way it works (and some of its applications) isn't explained well in-game.

So what can you do with it? Sounds pretty cool at a first glance already.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

That's pretty useful.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

I really have to try this out. I'm currently around level 30 with my thief and it's a lot more fun than warrior. Double daggers own.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Run to blue marker. The zerg is there. Follow the zerg.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Inzombiac posted:

Is there a public resource for their subscription numbers? Everyone I know who tried it didn't last more than a month.

I didn't even make it to 20 in this lovely game. And I played Aion for years.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

It's dead lol.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

So did I understand that right: they will add exotic weapon drops and recipes for levels <80?
Awesome.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Schpyder posted:

Dropped exotics currently go all the way down to lv62. It just sounds like they're adding more to even lower levels.

Well, that's still very nice.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Are those rare dyes worth the money people ask for on the trading post?

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Yeah, you're a pretty, pretty princess. And goddamn do those colors look vibrant without being garish. Another gold, gem and laurel sink for me. Yay.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Why would you need that home portal stone anyways? Teleporting everywhere is fast and effortless.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Or teleport to safety and then selfrez if you are a thief. Not applicable for all situations, of course.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Are those armor satchels a good way to get exotic gear?

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

So, I bought a satchel of very, very pretty level 80 exotic armor for my thief. Now it sits in her inventory waiting for the moment she reaches level 80. It was almost the same price as buying separately. :3:

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

loquacius posted:

Clueless newb post #4: I'm suspecting I'm playing this game wrong because I keep running out of gameplay. In order to get to level 15 I've twice had to take a break and run around other races' starting cities getting tourism XP for seeing fountains and stuff; I'm now out of content in the Charr starting area and starting city (all landmarks/vistas/etc found, all hearts complete) and the next story quest I have is a level above me. Am I supposed to be spending more time running around seeing what events are currently up and doing whatever I find or something?

1) Try to fully complete each zone (100%). This gives you lots of XP and rewards.
2) Events are supposed to give you one of the largest chunks of XP. Do more event chains. Events are kinda unevenly distributed in my opinion. You have to find out where events happen a lot.
3) Alternatively: If you want fast and easy XP go to Edge of the Mists and follow the zerg.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

You got me.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Lutha Mahtin posted:

Is everyone just being polite and not informing the couple of goons who are apparently colorblind?

Colors are roughly ok, but the proportions of area they cover isn't. Also birds are assholes, so... it kinda fits?

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

My engineer is named Clockwork Chickadee :3:

So pretty. What skins do you use?

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Thank you!! It's the Panscopic Monocle, Aetherblade shoulders & gloves, Rubicon coat, and Vigil legs & boots.

Thanks!

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Exotic gear is affordable on the trading post. Also you can get it from exotic gear from dungeons and WvW, buy it with karma or do dungeon runs. Getting gear with good stats is trivial. Getting to look like a pretty princess on the other hand is a ton of grinding, depending on how pretty and special you want to be. Also getting gear with the best stats is a big grind of course.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

quote:

those who take the game the most seriously

Do you know who listened to people like that? The Wildstar devs.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

I'm ok with this.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Grogs. Grogs never change.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Stop reposting this. Gah.

Seriously, this is really bad:

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I'd love to hear what killed wildstar, since I never played it or intend to wade through enough posts to find out.

Let's implement all the stuff WoW abandoned over the years. Surely it's not because those things were lovely, that WoW stopped doing them.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Hmmm, what is roughly the current total gold cost for leveling a character to 80?

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Ok. Nope. Noooooope.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Rynder posted:

What's happening here, you've all become mutant mordrem things.

Not me though - I'm a weird dungeon flower sperm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

I like both new zones. They're fun. They also should redo some of the older zones. Some of the hearts are pretty samey.

• Locked thread