Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Should have guessed, it's your favorite vice of choice : Flat rate car repair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
Oh God.

A bypass pulley on a Sable.

That is a horror I wouldn't wish on anyone. :ohdear:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
and Then followed by the happiest day of my life when I realized this entire city is just littered with cars I just can't seem to find my keys to

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
She's a little rough around the edges, but that's okay because I'm in familiar territory now. I know what to expect. The Civic was plain, reliable, a work horse. It was the Frau Bleucher in my stable, the one you know you can count on. But it's not what I need. Deep down inside, I know that I need someone to spit on me, make me bleed and cry, and to treat me like the emotional tampon I know I truly am.

Mechanically, it's terrifying. The engine purred when I freed the ignition switch, so I drilled it out and off I went. To find out that there's something seriously wrong with the brakes, it's only braking with one wheel right now, and only all the way down at the very bottom. I'm pretty sure that it's the right front that brakes, because if you push down hard and bottom the pedal out the right front locks, it veers, and I crap my pants. It also misfires under load, it feels like spark or fuel related. Oh, also when I fill it with water it comes out literay as fast as I can pour it in from the water pump. The tires paint marked meant it was getting towed and impounded in the morning, so I parked it in visual distance on the next block a corner over. I wonder what the owner wants to do with it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

What?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Honestly it blows my mind that that battery cranked it like it was fresh off the line and really kind of makes me reconsider at what point do things need to finally be replaced

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Rhyno posted:

What?

1. Saved a Camry destined for impound.
3.(Free?) Camry?
4. Profit!

steady
Feb 28, 2011
Pillbug

14 BAR RIFF posted:

1. Saved a Camry destined for impound.
3.(Free?) Camry?
4. Profit!

Bless you for giving home to poor abandoned babies!

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Serious question are you now breaking into random cars?

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Cakefool posted:

Serious question are you now breaking into random cars?

He's not stealing them. He's adopting them.

Also, breaking into cars and moving them around the neighborhood sounds like an amazing passtime.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

MrYenko posted:

He's not stealing them. He's adopting them.

Also, breaking into cars and moving them around the neighborhood sounds like an amazing passtime.

"My car is not where I parked it last night. No, not stolen. Just...moved. A couple houses down. Yes, I know that doesn't make sense."

14 inch, I read this entire thread while my car was getting fixed (neighbor backed into it and wrecked the front right suspension) and between my car drama and yours (by far more entertaining) I've slowly become a blossoming car nerd.

Hope you're doing well. Part of me wants to find an old Civic to do crazy things to.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Lol at "free"

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Did it smell of mildew and rat piss? Is there moss growing in the carpet?

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."
Wait, are you moving cars without permission?
Don't do that.

Also, some huge percentage of abandoned cars are stolen (but may have swapped plates, so traffic can't tell) and will only have the VIN read and be returned to the rightful owner.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

nm posted:

Wait, are you moving cars without permission?
Don't do that.

Don't listen to this guy.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Wear gloves just in case that's the world's shittiest bait car.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

IS THIS WHERE WE POST FOR FLASHLIGHT DICKWAVING?!

:gizz::gizz::gizz::gizz::gizz::gizz::gizz:

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Hey, it's an LX or whatever with the pushbutton climate control. Too bad most of the dash is missing.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Apparently my inner elbow rupturing open and having poo poo crawling the doctors could see but would only refer to as some sort of skin issue told me if I've felt these symptoms since Christmas then I should have scheduled an appointment with a GP or dermatologist so that wasnt an emergency and I said you guys said i was loving delusional so here are these hallucinations?

So I pretty much give up on everything. Dont call the cops on me Meatpimp Im just saying I dont really care about anything any more but that desnt mean take it the wrong way. Sick and loving tired of cops, too.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Sad to see you back on the meth, Dave

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

14 BAR RIFF posted:

Dont call the cops on me Meatpimp

Don't worry, dude, you're on your own.

Maybe the cops already told me they'd have their eye on you anyway. :ohdear:

steady
Feb 28, 2011
Pillbug

14 BAR RIFF posted:

Dont call the cops on me Meatpimp.

Meatpimp, please call the cops on this fool. I want at least another 30 years of entertainment out of this thread.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
uhhh what just happened

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

14 BAR RIFF posted:

Apparently my inner elbow rupturing open and having poo poo crawling the doctors could see but would only refer to as some sort of skin issue told me if I've felt these symptoms since Christmas then I should have scheduled an appointment with a GP or dermatologist so that wasnt an emergency and I said you guys said i was loving delusional so here are these hallucinations?

So I pretty much give up on everything. Dont call the cops on me Meatpimp Im just saying I dont really care about anything any more but that desnt mean take it the wrong way. Sick and loving tired of cops, too.

Dude just so you know you're not the only person (by far) that thinks doctors suck, be glad you're not a veteran dealing with the VA, they're all a bunch of fuckwits that are too lazy to look into a problem unless it's something completely obvious like a severed arm or going into cardiac arrest on the floor. Anything other than that and it's a huge PITA they don't want to bother with. So yeah, gently caress the VA and all the doctors in it. That is all.

piss boner
May 17, 2003

leica posted:

be glad you're not a veteran dealing with the VA

Great correlation. :bravo:

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
This isn't the army thread.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat
13 what can we do to help you out?

:(

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

piss boner posted:

Great correlation. :bravo:

The VA has doctors too and the issues are well documented.

Glad I could explain that to you.

piss boner
May 17, 2003

leica posted:

The VA has doctors too and the issues are well documented.

Glad I could explain that to you.

Geirskogul posted:

This isn't the army thread.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

You know the VA employs civilian doctors right?

Jesus Christ. Try to sympathize with the guy about lovely doctors and it somehow turns into something about the loving Army.

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

leica posted:

You know the VA employs civilian doctors right?

Jesus Christ. Try to sympathize with the guy about lovely doctors and it somehow turns into something about the loving Army.

Support Are Troops, friend. Oorah sic semper firannis yeehaw amen.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
It sounds like you're trying to change the thread subject, not sympathize. Not at all. Seriously it came out of nowhere, and it's weird and wrong. TRY again

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES
Christ you guys are crucifying leica almost as much as you did to 14" for using meth.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Seriously, what the gently caress is wrong with you guys? leica's posts were perfectly reasonable and y'all are being dumb as poo poo.

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

ANYWAY how's 14 doing? I miss the Lovecraftian metal posts and the threat of a biturbo

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Geirskogul posted:

It sounds like you're trying to change the thread subject, not sympathize. Not at all. Seriously it came out of nowhere, and it's weird and wrong. TRY again

Explain to me how it's weird and wrong? You getting sand in your vagina is what came out of nowhere, what the gently caress.

My Man Shran posted:

Support Are Troops, friend. Oorah sic semper firannis yeehaw amen.

Lol

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

hey i wonder how 14's doi-:yikes:

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Less time derailing into slapfights about leica's posting, more 14".

What's going on, 14? I found it hard to understand what you posted about your elbow - something about needing an appointment?

Is that something the thread can help with, maybe find some alternative doctors that take your insurance (or will accept payment in the form of oily car parts)?

I'm super intrigued by the pictures we interpreted as renegade parking patrol. Were you helping out a friend?

Oh, and how's the Gremlin?

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

14 BAR RIFF posted:

Your parents seem like pretty cool people who would do anything they can to help you.
You should consider talking to them and perhaps getting one of them (or an alternative responsible adult) to accompany you to the GP/dermatologist appointment to support your explanation/demonstration of your symptoms. Get it sorted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
14 can you just move back home? I am asking out of genuine concern

• Locked thread