Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
Is there anywhere online I can watch Spartacus? Is that poo poo on Netflix?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

BigRed0427 posted:

So what's the deal with Adam Devine's House Party? Did Workaholics get canceled?

It's a stand-up feeder show.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Mo0 posted:

I was about to answer, but I almost think it'd be funnier now if I made everyone guess.

It's an ad for Bayer aspirin. The voiceover says "Laura's heart attack didn't come with an advance warning."

What makes it for me is that her reaction to finding out about a heart attack is a combination of nonplussed and tired.

DedEx

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
Eagleheart season 3 starts tonight at midnight.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Gonz posted:

It started last Thursday.

No way man

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Dangit

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

...of SCIENCE! posted:

The problem with describing a movie as "all style, no substance" is that it only works if the movie actually has style to begin with.

Machete Kills was a fine comedy.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
Stickers rule.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
AHS Coven is as much of a feat of television artistry as the last two seasons, but unlike Asylum, which started off as a tight rope that frayed towards the end, Coven's frays were all in the beginning. The rope is tightening.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
The live Sound of Music was pretty cool from a production standpoint and the music is still classic. Underwood and the rest of the cast performed the songs masterfully. I look forward to the next live musical and I look forward to the inevitable trainwreck of the one after that.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

EL BROMANCE posted:

I'm sure I'm not the only person watching, but Eagleheart: Paradise Rising has been absolutely amazing so far. Better than both Childrens Hospital and NTSF.

I liked the first two seasons, but this cinematic arc they're doing this year has been the show at its best.

Eagleheart is probably the best TV comedy I've ever seen.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Conduit for Sale! posted:

Are you implying that Chevy Chase ever gave a gently caress?

ya

scary ghost dog fucked around with this message at 10:10 on Jun 6, 2014

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
There's seriously gotta be somewhere to talk about Eagleheart.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
I wish Nathan Fielder was a Daily Show correspondant.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
The funniest part of TellTale announcing the GoT game is when Joel McHale asked em if there was gonna be graphic incest in the game like there is in the show and the producers were like, "...There's what in the show?" Like they were paid the big bucks to make the game but had no idea what kind of content was expected other than "medieval drama." Can't wait to see what that game ends up being.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
American Horror Story pulled back the curtain this week.

Edit: Seriously expected midseason turn that quells everyone's fears about the season occurs.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Jason Clarke is John Conner????

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
The Buffy movie is a million times better than the Buffy show.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
Janet Varney is also really great.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
Let's talk about sketch comedy. Since it's a given that Mr. Show is the greatest sketch comedy program ever produced and will never be surpassed, what do you think is its most worthy successor? The Birthday Boys? Key & Peele? Chappelle's Show? Kroll Show? Inside Amy Schumer? When I say worthy successor, I don't mean "funniest since," I mean most similar in consistency and quality.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

ufarn posted:

Especially on Key & Peele.

And Burning Love.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Kraps posted:

Korra isn't an anime.

Man let's talk about sketch comedy!

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
Yeah I'd like to see Agents of SHIELD tackle Scifi Action/Adventure gyahahaha

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

Page's acting is the only thing about Beyond Two Souls that distracts you from what a creepy, hacky, pretentious abortion it is.

And Willem Dafoe's acting, which is also very distracting.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
If Arrow were a food it would be plain as gently caress white bread, which yeah is fine and tastes good but come on. I could be eating steak, or chili, or lasagna, or a really good salad, or hell, an orange. Why would I just eat white bread. Maybe if I'm really hungry and have literally nothing else to eat.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
I'm just laughing at all the people with best of the year TV show lists with Arrow in the same bracket as Breaking Bad and Shameless. It's a fine show, by no means bad, with 'good' plotting and 'acceptable' acting. It might have been exceptional if it were original.

Rarity posted:

If Arrow were a food you would be crapping it out your butt before you'd finished taking your first bite.

Are you insulting me or Arrow?

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
It's a cheesy well-shot Super Soap. It ain't for erryone but I'm always surprised how many people are in love with it.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

If Arrow is plain white bread, then what is Agents of SHIELD? Some kind of even blander food? Gruel?

ps Arrow is good you are wrong

SHIELD is a tub of unflavored generic yogurt, left warm

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
Arrow isn't bad, it's just not really good.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Cactus posted:

Unless you're one of those people that remains constantly attentive of who is in the public eye throughout your life (and let's face it, the vast majority of us will not become that person), as you age, every single famous person you ever knew about will be dead and largely forgotten. All you will see every time you turn on whatever replaces the TV, look on the internet, or gaze at a billboard ad, will be faceless nobodies you don't know about, or care to know about.

Happy New Year Everyone! :toot:

Actually, everyone in the world eventually dies.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

precision posted:

Dude, me too! I find it hard to find faults with that film, at worst I'd say it's "passable genre fare" but at best, which I think it's operating at, it's one of the best sci-fi films in recent memory. It's up there with Starship Troopers.

I saw Serenity before Firefly as well and enjoyed the hell out of it. I'd say that as a whole, it works better if you see it first, because you don't get hung up on little plot and character inconsistencies. Some pieces taken individually do work better with prior knowledge, of course, but for the most part it's excellent as a standalone feature.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
You guys didn't laugh riotously at Amy Adams terrible British accent, Christian Bale's amazing combover, or Bradley Cooper's hundred tiny hair rollers every time they were on screen? The movie was hilarious. Did you also think The Wolf of Wall Street was a sobering look at the effects of quaaludes on businessmen?

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Mu Zeta posted:

It was funny but not riotously funny.

Excuse me? Several audience members at my theatre tore their theatre chairs out and threw them at the screen because they couldn't stop laughing. Armored cops arrived and pepper sprayed them until they calmed down.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Irish Joe posted:

I can't wait for the series to draw me in with compelling mysteries and an exciting plot only to be told that both don't matter because the its actually about 'the characters.'

What's a compelling mystery? "Who stole the cookie from the cookie jar?" Who, me? Yes, you. Couldn't be! Then who????

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

Check his Wikipedia page. It's hilarious.

Failure to Launch
Fool's Gold
Tropic Thunder
Surfer, Dude
Ghosts of Girlfriends Past
The Lincoln Lawyer
AWARDS AWARDS AWARDS

Tropic Thunder is a masterpiece.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

zoux posted:

It's very Jenji in that it's a spunky middle class white girl who tangles with what her friends would say is the seedier element of society, but she don't back down and earns the respect of those elements, and her friends, who are impressed with her being tough and good.

I'm into that because I relish vicarious entertainment. I also watch Survivor.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

precision posted:

At last, a negative stance I can get behind. I did watch Orange is the New Black but found it, at best, "unremarkable", and at worst "incredibly off-putting/offensive".

I don't get the hype for it 'round these parts.

It's a well written and compelling show if you can get past your racial prejudices.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Lycus posted:

I just watched the first three episodes of Alpha House and I'm a little blown away that that's Haley Joel Osment. I haven't actually seen him in a long time.

Just wait for The Spoils of Babylon.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Seemed like a fair question. Why is she naked all the time if it adds nothing to the story?

Because it adds to the character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
"Listen, Ms Dunham. I don't understand why you get naked all the time on your show. I mean, obviously you aren't hot, like the women on Game of Thrones, so it can't be to titillate. So why does your character on your show- a show ostensibly intended as a realistic glimpse into this character's life- get naked?"

• Locked thread