Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Rarity posted:

If you don't just lie in bed to watch TV then get out :colbert:

What, they just let you lounge about on the Tube while streaming video on your iPhone? You Brits are weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
If I was Matt Lauer, I'd need alcohol for some of these painful promotional plugs.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

futurememory posted:

This was even stranger when compounded with the fact that Glee had an episode on at the same time where one character was hallucinating (and then creating) Muppets. After turkey time was over, my cousin-in-law pretty much forced us to watch Glee. Has that show become a parody of itself? Because... wow. It was probably the most ridiculous thing I've seen on TV in a while.

Last night, I was describing seeing Matthew Morrison in a Nazi outfit singing a showtune.

Before I could explain that it was from the Kennedy Center's salute to Mel Brooks, my fiancee's aunt said "Glee really got weird after I stopped watching."

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Wow. I'm actually enjoying Coven a lot more than Asylum. Flaws, sure, but I think I prefer the wide-open setting of New Orleans than the claustrophobic Briarcliffe.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Mu Zeta posted:

I guess all you need for high ratings is just to have a bunch of people singing and dancing.

Works for Monday Night RAW.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Rarity posted:

Tina and Artie were retconned to be a year younger than the others and then S4 only covered part of the school year so senior graduation is scheduled for some point in the middle of this season because Ryan Murphy.

I can see it now. American Horror Story: Lima.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Man, I enjoyed the hell out of the first season of The John Laroquette Show. Recovering alcoholic working the night shift at a St Louis bus depot? It practically wrote itself, but it was too "dark" and on opposite of Rosanne to gain any traction. They retooled it to be "brighter" and...well, it got two more seasons, but it never felt the same.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Deadpool posted:

I know there's a lot of really outrageous posts going up now but come on. Nobody believes that.

Oh yeah? My 8-year old stepdaughter went to Hot Topic and came home with THIS as her new school bag.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Austrian mook posted:

I know who both those stupid loving characters are and I'm deeply, deeply ashamed of the fact.

Worst part is...this, I can live with as we both share a love of Doctor Who.

An Austin & Ally or Good Luck Charlie bag would have already had an accident thanks to a hungry Chihuahua. Even I have my limits.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
I've never seen Breaking Bad, but I've never missed an episode of Talking Bad.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Question - what have been the moments in TV IV where an episode or a moment in a TV show have collectively made a thread/forum completely lose it?

I remember how nuts people went over the Red Wedding, and would have loved to have been here during the last ten minutes of Crossroads, Part 2...

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

muscles like this? posted:

Most likely whats going to happen is that the mutant niche is going to be filled by the Inhumans, which are kind of similar in that they look like normal people but after a certain age their society puts them into a machine that gives them powers and changes their appearance. In the comics recently Black Bolt, the Inhuman King, set off a bomb that duplicated the effects of their powers machine and created a bunch of Inhumans all over the world. Mostly people who had no idea they were descendants of Inhumans.

And one of them in the comics was the villain introduced last night!

Donnie "Blizzard" Gill.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Irish Joe posted:

I know Doctor Who got a new thread for each of the specials last year, but I'm not quite sure why since all they talk about in those threads are radio dramas, dvd restorations and which old British guy they want to gently caress the most (spoilers: its always Troughton).

Now I know you're just being wrong for the sake of being wrong.

Everyone knows it's Colin Baker.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
This thread is like a hurricane.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

precision posted:

Hey, you. Why aren't you watching Penny Dreadful? Cause you should be.

It kind of looks like the RPG Deadlands, but set in England...

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Is there anything better than clearing off your DVR and having no episodes left recorded on it?

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Irish Joe posted:

A child's laughter.

Not at 2 am. When you're home alone. And don't have kids.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
My Dad met Tim Allen at one of those big car auctions you see on TV all the time. Apparently, he’s a raging rear end in a top hat in person, so perhaps art imitates life?

He also ran into Christopher Titus and said he’s one of the nicer and cooler “car guys” he’s met. Now there’s a sitcom (Titus) I really miss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

scary ghost dog posted:

Lol so you're a child? And that's how you know what children are interested in watching? Because when I was a kid I often found myself grasping for a clue of the state of the tv content zeitgeist and where I would draw the line vis a vis my own sexual contact, and all my friends would pull out cartoon vhs and pause to show me the sexy jokes put by the animators, and well guess who are super cool skateboard sexhavers and who posts on message boards.

Good night, everybody!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUaZ89rWWPI

• Locked thread