Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

Yoshifan823 posted:

Go listen to 808s and Heartbreak, then come back and apologize.

It's the only auto-tune album that works, and still features Kanye's best songwriting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

Deadpool posted:

Couch Chat: TMZ this fall on NBC.

Premieres to 2.5 rating, and replaces entire Thursday lineup.

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

smg77 posted:

Regardless of how anybody feels about Homeland everybody should be watching Masters of Sex.

Agreed. Very solid drama.

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Really? AMC Theaters aired promos for it that I'd see every time I went to the movies for a while, but it didn't look like it would be terribly above average.

It's a slow-burner show like Mad Men, but it's acquired a lot of nuance by delving into the pasts of its main characters quite extensively. It's a great look into America before the sexual revolution.

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

PriorMarcus posted:

I made the OP for Season Two of Homeland and even I think it's gone to poo poo now. I've stopped posting in the thread because I'm trying to be more positive around here in general, but I have no interest in any plots on the show now - including the continued adventures of The Brody Bunch.

Exactly. Brody's family stopped being interesting the moment they separated Brody from them, somewhere in the middle fo Season 2. There is no solid defense of Brody's family, at all.

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

bobkatt013 posted:

I still think that the Tudors was good until the end and did not fall off the cliff the way other Showtime shows did.

The Borgias had a similar thing going, and was improving with each season. Then it was cancelled before it could become sublime.

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene
The best line is still, "A 10% LEVY ON BAKED GOODS?!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I've actually never seen the show myself, but NTSF:SD:SUV:: has the best name of any show and I laugh every time I see I preview for it and hear that name being spoken.

It's definitely as funny as the name is, but it takes a bit into the first season to hit a groove that hasn't stopped yet.

• Locked thread