Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
If you don't just lie in bed to watch TV then get out :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Occupation posted:

Hey so I don't know if you know this guys but there's this show on CBS called Person of Interest and uh

Oh god it's started again :negative:

PS: Watch Brooklyn 99 you jerks :saddowns:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

bobkatt013 posted:

What happened?

Putting it in spoilers:

One of the main characters (male) was possessed by an agent of Satan and the only way to exorcise it was for another male character to gently caress the demon out of him. Yes, this is the magical healing power of rape. Misfits has always been an edgy show and that's why I loved it but this was :gonk: even for me.

On the plus side, it also had satanist Scouts.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
How quickly we fall apart when we lose a common foe :(

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

perhaps the ludicrous amounts of make-up she's plastering on now might also be obscuring her acting.

This is my only issue with the show this year. She doesn't even look like she's human any more and it's all cause she's wearing enough makeup for three strippers.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Would genuinely watch an entire season of Homelamb.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The only problem with Jinho coming back is the chance that he'll obliterate the competition again. A second season of that wouldn't be particularly interesting so they really need to cast some strong opposition so that he doesn't walk it.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I'm randomly watching the first episode of Angel. I can't believe it's been almost 15 years since this first aired.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
You sure you stickied enough threads there, Deadpool?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

I just saw the best commercial I'm ever going to see:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdNEjLTZtc8

Except this one said NewOrleansJobsList.com . Apparently they've done this same commercial for multiple cities.

I'm really sad media discovered twerkin :(

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

This happened last year too, it's basically because they have football and the Voice and whatever they put on after the Voice. Last time when the football season ended their position tanked and the same will happen this year.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

PriorMarcus posted:

FOUR new Marvel TV Series, Daredevil, Iron First, Luke Cage and Jessica Jones have just been announced.

ALL of them are exclusive to Netflix and will conclude with a cross over miniseries.

Starts next year with Daredevil.

And the crossover miniseries is called The Defenders.

This is going to be so awesome.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Hasn't Luke Cage been one of the most important members of the Avengers for the last 5-6 years?

If he wasn't tied up with Brooklyn 99 then Terry Crews woulda been perfect :allears:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

zoux posted:

I haven't watched yesterday's Arrow yet, but was it as good as Amell was saying?

It was pretty drat stunning and a fine acting showcase for two of their cast (not saying which)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Irish Joe posted:

Power Fist

Oh you :allears:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Looks like Joss Whedon is handing out the new Marvel shows to all his old writing buddies:

http://www.hitfix.com/motion-captured/lost-and-buffy-vet-drew-goddard-to-write-daredevil-for-marvel-and-netflix

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Deadpool posted:

Sleepy Hollow.

Brooklyn Nine-Nine.

Deadpool knows what's up.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Agents of Shield is getting pretty drat fun, you guys.

Slamhound posted:

Since I haven't seen anyone mention them:

Sleepy Hollow
Brooklyn Nine Nine
Orphan Black

I really hope this is a joke cause if not you have dire reading comprehension.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
This page is like a How To Guide for ensuring people don't watch that TV show you like.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

FlamingLiberal posted:

Somehow The Killing is coming back AGAIN for six more episodes on Netflix.

http://variety.com/2013/digital/news/the-killing-netflix-amc-1200838216/

The one thing the show couldn't kill... was itself

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

SHUPS 4 DETH posted:

Five seasons, actually.

The first episode explicitly says that the Witnesses will be there for seven years of trials. That's what the writers are shooting for.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Doctor Butts posted:

I wish someone had told me that Andy Samburg isn't acting like an SNL character in his show or else I would have started watching Brooklyn 99 a lot sooner.

You must have missed all the people in this thread saying that Brooklyn 99 was awesome ever since the first episode.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
:( Sorry to hear that, DP. We'll all behave. We'll even lock Irish Joe in a cupboard till you're back.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Arrow delivered the episode of a lifetime tonight jesus

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I watched SHIELD for Ming Na acting on a far higher level than anyone else in the cast :allears:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
If everything else about Orphan Black sucked then TatMas would still make it a very good show. That's how good she is.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I don't really have anywhere else to say this. I'm catching up with Pretty Little Liars and I'm a few episodes into Season 3 now and the show has got so balls to the wall insane I love it love it love it.

Also, I want to applaud Irish Joe for comparing TatMas to a bad Eddie Murphy movie and getting away with it :golfclap:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
How the hell do people still think Irish Joe is serious about anything?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
There are an indescribable number of problems with Glee but the main problems that have brought the show down are these:

• A total lack of attention to continuity, leading to a world where only what happens in the moment matters
  • Attempting to highlight major social issues while simultaneously making jokes about other major social issues
  • Heavy handed pushing of emotional moments that lead to mawkish and manipulative speeches
  • Complete inability to plan a story arc
  • Poor song choices and poor cinematography during performances
  • Clinging to characters who are no longer relevant to the show
  • Turning Will Schuester into the most horrible human being on the planet

It's bad, y'all.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Kaizoku posted:

What is some good TV I missed?

The Thanksgiving Brooklyn 99 episode was classic.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
My sister wants Revolution S1 for Christmas :ughh:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

hollylolly posted:

Alternately, give her Season 1 of The Wire and lecture her on her TV tastes.

I shouldn't have to, she knows better :smith:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Irish Joe posted:

Nerds need to stop worrying what other people think and just live their loving lives.

But I just want you to love me, Irish Joe :smith:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Josh Lyman posted:

Charlie Brooker has a really hot wife. That's about all I know about him.

Do you know anything about anything that isn't how hot some girls are?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

xeria posted:

One of the biggest problems Coven has, I think, is that characters' personalities change to suit any given scene/plot point.

You could have changed this to Glee and still been 100% accurate. Ryan Murphy shows :negative:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
If anyone stopped watching Misfits after they got rid of the original cast then stop being an idiot and go check out the final 2 seasons. It takes a couple of episodes for the new cast to click but there's so many great episodes there that totally stand up to the original crew.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Ok, question. With NBC's neverending nosedive into failure and the CW's strong brand association to its target demographic, could the CW ever overtake NBC as #4 network?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Guys, Glee did a Xmas episode and it was really good. I don't know how to handle this :ohdear:

Seriously, look at this goddam beautiful thing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-M3k0ATmUZM

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Irish Joe posted:

Shouldn't Tina have graduated two seasons ago??

Tina and Artie were retconned to be a year younger than the others and then S4 only covered part of the school year so senior graduation is scheduled for some point in the middle of this season because Ryan Murphy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Now that we have subs for S2 I'm willing to throw up an OP tomorrow if nobody else is interested.

OH poo poo SANGMIN'S BACK :supaburn:

Rarity fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Dec 9, 2013

• Locked thread