Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I lie on a carefully crafted bed of pillows and blankets laid on the floor, thank you very much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

We couldn't even wait a single page. :allears:

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Now I'm imagining one of those Tyler Perry sitcoms with Luke Cage in it.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I think Chuck's getting added to Netflix Instant next month, too.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Man, "Tracy Does Conan" is still a loving perfect episode of television.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Mu Zeta posted:

e: Agents of SHIELD is trash

You aren't watching it if you're saying that.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

EvilTobaccoExec posted:

Or make you want to cry. That third season is about as harrowing as television can get. It's amazing how much it grew as the show progressed.

Wasn't there talk of a movie or something to cover Dino's fourth season ideas we never got to see? Whatever happened to that?

I don't know about that, but I know there was a special called Beforel Orel.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I don't understand the rage for web designs that take up more space and show me less content.

e: no, wait, I totally get it, all the freaking whitespace is in there so they can shovel ads into it.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Dead Snoopy posted:

Dan Harmon's Rick & Morty is debuting on Adult Swim on Dec 2. The pilot has been leaked online & it is GLORIOUS.

http://www.uproxx.com/tv/2013/11/watch-full-pilot-dan-harmons-new-adult-swim-show-rick-morty/

Leaked? Adult Swim posted it on their Youtube page.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I already watched it.

Anyway, it's good.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Shame on you for not recognizing Space Mutiny.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I'm only on episode six, but the arcs make sense, there's genuine tension and excitement, they're finally getting good performances and stories out of even their weakest performers, and the Neville plot is great.

Also, it gets nuts around episode 4, in the best possible way.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Irish Joe posted:

P&R is still tailspinning into mediocrity, though.

You're not funny when you're obvious, man.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

precision posted:

Oh come on, Misfits series 4 had alternate Nazi reality, zombie cheerleaders, Greg singing karaoke, and a bunch of other poo poo I remember enjoying at the time.

4 is the weakest season for sure, but it's not too weak to skip. And I would definitely rank 5 as the best (unless the last episode somehow completely fucks it up).

The first two are from series 3.

Also, I stopped watching Misfits when I realized the show was going to kill off Curtis in the next episode because they had already written out Seth and he still had the zombie power. I just couldn't bring myself to watch the next episode.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I really liked Season 4. :shrug:

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

loving YES.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

It's sterile, disconnected, and dreamlike. The way it's shot has a weird way of disconnecting you from what's actually going on. You see the killers' creations as they intend, as art, instead of the horrors they actually are.

Hannibal is a really good show.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Season 1 started in April. We still have some time.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

You should. Rick and Morty is really good.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Yeah, that's some creative accounting if I've ever seen it.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Wait, now we're getting Psych hate? You're all horrible people.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Parks is probably gonna get cancelled, but nothing's official yet.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I've never really understood Sherlock either. Watson never gets to do anything, which I suppose is accurate to the books but does nothing to make the character interesting.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Holy poo poo, Community is amazing again you guys.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Two episodes, actually, and why wouldn't they?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Season 3 of Community is still the best season, though.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Bown posted:

Why do you complain so much about slapfights and arguing RE: Community and then make posts like this out of nowhe-:psyduck:

Some things are worth fighting for.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Irish Joe posted:

Season 5 of Community is an improvement over 4, but its still not "good." None of the characters' motivations except Jeff's have been fleshed out, so it seems like they're all attending their fifth year of community college not because they need or want to, but because they're characters in a tv show and that's what tv characters do. Until the show works out that little snag and gives each character his own raison d'être, its going to be held back by the falseness of its premise.

So yeah, it's loving great, what other proof do you need?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Yeah, American Hustle enjoys playing with themes but has little desire to actually engage with any of them.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Rick and Morty is goddamned fantastic.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Considering that selling off film rights basically kept Marvel out of bankruptcy for a good while, I doubt it.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I love Rick and Morty but that's a bit much.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I'm starting to think they did the ending that way just to gently caress with whoever had to follow them. Unless it's the same people, in which case I just feel bad for them.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Good news for fans of Rick and Morty: according to an animator who's been posting in the thread it just got renewed.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I don't really understand why you thought anyone else was going to come to that conclusion independently, or why you felt you needed to share it.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Apparently Parks and Rec just got renewed and Community is looking pretty likely as well.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

God dammit, I'm fighting the urge to watch that.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

...! posted:

The season premiere of King of the Nerds is on tonight but the old thread has been archived.

I'm the OP of the old one and I might be able to throw together something passable before it airs.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Daedo posted:

Before you spend any time on this, there's already a Season Two thread here.

Too late. :v:

(Honestly that OP is better than mine would have been anyway)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Community did not have a montage and the song was a callback to a joke from way back in the first season. They also were doing a really great sendoff for one of their best characters so I think the sentimentality was earned in that case.

• Locked thread