Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

CPFortest posted:

I don't understand why people bitch about Lost and Battlestar's endings when the Entourage, Weeds, and Big Love endings exist.

At least Lost and Battlestar actually tried with their endings.

I hate the music on Lost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Yoshifan823 posted:

Did you know that Kim Kardashian and Kanye West got engaged?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5GufEJH3dI

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I think Louis CK directed all the episodes of Louie

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1492966/fullcredits?ref_=tt_ov_st_sm

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Really? AMC Theaters aired promos for it that I'd see every time I went to the movies for a while, but it didn't look like it would be terribly above average.

Well it's only like 3 episodes into the 1st season so it has plenty of time to turn to crap like all the other Showtime shows.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I usually don't recognize any of the director names but I definitely noticed Rian Johnson when his name popped up in Breaking Bad.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Adding Sarah Shahi hasn't improved the show as much as I thought it would. They made her character boring.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

More people should watch The Good Wife. The latest episode was really fun.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Yes they did. Check this one out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-PkQRh3QXA

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I dropped it after the recent episode.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The Rafi one was the only one I liked.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I only saw the first 4 episodes of Sunny and didn't care for it. The League was hysterical from the start and only started dropping off in season 4.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

They gave Fringe a chance

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Is she on Almost Human? Not too worried since she is a really bad actor so her scenes will suck.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Trailer for a new Syfy show that looks pretty dang good. And it's created by Ronald D. Moore.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/11/04/trailer-helix/

Battlestar Galactica had a beautiful ending and this looks to continue that legacy

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I think the Morgan actor could have won guest performance.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Haha he raps near the end.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I'm a nerd and I have no idea who iron Fist, Luke Cage or Jessica Jones are.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The Buy More segments existed solely to sell advertisements and keep the show on the air.

Also I thought Adam Baldwin was one of the Baldwin brothers.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Edmond Dantes posted:

I've been about to pull the trigger on Spartacus for a while now, but I'm a bit wary as to closure, considering Andy's death, the prequel seasons and it still being ongoing.

I read a lot of good comments, but is it worth the watch? And if so, how much of it?

Spartacus is top-tier television and I enjoyed it as much as anything else I can remember from the past 5 years,

Watch all of it. Only the first 3-4 episodes are weak and then everything else is just great television.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The 100. I haven't seen it air yet.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Postal Parcel posted:

I feel the need to let this out. I unironically love Mindy Project. It's really light and fun, especially with a main character who isn't thin, but wants to be thin romantic comedy protag #1325. Plus, it's really fun to listen to a 30+ woman who can't get over the fact that she isn't a 20 year old sorority girl. (None of this was facetious by the way)

I think Parenthood and The Good Wife are my favorite dramas. I'd take them over anything on HBO or Showtime right now.

And Elementary is really fun and way better than Sherlock.

e: Agents of SHIELD is trash

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

It's drama.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

raditts posted:

It's TV to bring you down when you're having too good of a day.

The show is really good at celebrating the little victories in life.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I think the cast started gelling in episode 5 or 6. Also the show aired out of order so keep that in mind.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

It's easy to forget details since the show is so boring.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Ah yes, I believe Spartacus does not smile for the rest of the season from that point.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Remember that scene in Weeds where the youngest son finds a naked picture of his mom and then jerks off to it?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

It works ok on tablets. And it works really well in the mobile phone version.

That's how I read the web nowadays so I think it's a good change.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I have the one that folds out on the top and it's terrible packaging. The discs can easily fall out.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Samberg is Sambergy but I trust the Parks and Recreation team.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Why isn't it How I Met Your Father?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I rewatched the pilot episode of The Walking Dead and it's still really loving good. I don't know what the hell happened to all the people that made the first hour. I thought it might be Frank Darabont being fired but he was responsible for the rest of the season and parts of season 2 as well.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I'm finding SHIELD really dull and feels like it's a generic action show from the 90s. It's only the first season though so I'm not ruling it out. Star Trek TNG sucked balls for the entire first two seasons.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Remember how Haddie used to exist?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I still enjoy the show and don't hate anyone.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Cactus posted:

I'm after a new family drama in the same vein actually. I've seen Parenthood, Six Feet Under, Switched at Birth, The Lying Game, the OC, Gilmore Girls & Bunheads (RIP) and am going through Raising Hope now... that's all I can think of off the top of my head. I like them all to a greater or lesser degree, and of all of them I can recognise SFU as technically "the Best One" but for some reason I enjoyed Switched at Birth the most. Anything else out there that is similar and may have flown under my radar?

I get the same thing from these shows as I used to get from watching Neighbours and Home & Away when I got home from school. Just a kind of pleasant glazed-eye trance state.

I've seen a couple episodes of Brothers and Sisters and it has a similar vibe. I agree that Six Feet Under is the best of these types of shows.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Everything is pretty good right now though. Kristina is over cancer and has all these supporters even though she lost the election. It will probably help in her next venture. Max finally has a real friend and future career prospects. Crosby and Adam have a successful and cool business. I guess Joel and Julia's family are going through some poo poo and Coach too.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

So many people here watch Arrow while Nikita gets like 12 posts :(

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Yeah and I think it's a great episode. The writers have a lot of fun skewering Google and other companies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Just watch Crimson Tide. It's a way better produced version of Last Resort and it stars Denzel Washington and Gene Hackmen.

• Locked thread