Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

BrooklynBruiser posted:

It is, yeah. I don't mind, personally - I like the show a lot, so seeing more of it is good.

It's a show about the internet that actually gets the internet. I have no problems with Hardwick and some of the guests for this week look great:

quote:

MONDAY 10/21
• Doug Benson @DougBenson
• Natasha Leggero @natashaleggero
• Kumail Nanjiani @kumailn

TUESDAY 10/22
• Kurt Braunohler @kurtbraunohler
• Andy Daly @TVsAndyDaly
• Brendon Walsh @brendonwalsh

WEDNESDAY 10/23
• James Adomian @JAdomian
• June Diane Raphael @MsJuneDiane
• Mike Lawrence @TheMikeLawrence

THURSDAY 10/24
• Tom Lennon @thomaslennon
• Kyle Kinane @kylekinane
• Deon Cole @deoncole

I'm in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I haven't read The League thread yet, but I thought it was the best episode of the season.

I wonder if it was a coincidence both shows ran with the same plot or if they knew about each other. Kinda felt like when Daily Show and Colbert cover the same story with similar jokes.

No complaints though, it was a great hour of comedy. I'd much rather what feels like a collaboration of sorts like that than some crappy sounding Simpsons/Family Guy crossover.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Oh a heads up for fans of Summer Heights High - "Ja'mie: Private School Girl" has starting airing in AU now. Only one episode in, but already it feels a loooooot better than Angry Boys was (which was pretty crap, to be honest). Not quite up to SHH standards, and it's not the Jonah show I'm sure everyone wishes it was, but Ja'mie has always been a good 2nd place character to him. So far Lilley hasn't done his usual thing of playing as many characters as possible and just seems to be concentrating on Ja'mie, which might be for the best.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yep November 23rd I believe and also on BBC Three at some point. Same deal as SHH and Angry Boys.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Noh Hong Chul is in Genius s2? Awesome! He's really polarising but I think he's hilarious. I really recommend watching the two episodes of Infinite Challenge where he, Jae Suk and Ha-Ha go to NYC to perform Gangnam Style with Psy. It's really, really good.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah the x-men sketch from the first episode was enough to keep me watching. Chelsea has been on since? I need to watch that then, she's awesome.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

...! posted:

ABC ordered full seasons for Trophy Wife and The Goldbergs tonight. They ordered four more episodes for Super Fun Night and cancelled (well, decided against renewing) Back in the Game.

I want to like Super Fun Night but it's not as good as a show with Michael Showalter's involvement should be. I also hate the dear diary intros and the intro. Back in the Game is a bit better but nothing amazing, I would've swapped their fates personally.

Glad the other two got full season pickups because they're both developing better. Barry on The Goldbergs is amazing and I hope the writers realise this. Retool the show so it's all about him.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Sons of Anarchy doesn't air on Showtime though.

Anyway, I thought s1 was great and am happy by this news.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Deadpool posted:

Nope. Once we have a first page of only stickies I will be content.

Sounds like a challenge, brb as I make threads for Fresh Meat, some Kardashian thing, Fifth Gear (it's like Top Gear except nobody watches it!) and a Talking Dead thread for those who watch TTD but not TWD.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Just be glad Britain is confined to a single thread, we seem to have a lot of shows that air on a Sunday night. Genuinely surprised (except not really) about the lack of Family Guy thread this year.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Having the Yahoo! logo in the bottom corner just adds to the 90s-ness.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Would it be worth separating the adult swim thread into two, as I'm guessing I'm not the only one who avoids the thread because there's fewer things I care less about than anime discussion. The 3rd Greatest Event in Television History aired last night with barely any notice, which is a bit lame. Also Eric Andre and Hot Package have both been really good this year too.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

At what point did the people who go mad over PoI start to feel like that? I'm 6 or 7 episodes in they witness episode and it's enjoyable enough, but nothing mind blowing. It still has that 'network' feel of ensuring people can jump in at anytime which grates and not enough arc compared to crime of the week. Scandal dealt with that by about this point so I'm hoping PoI does it too, because at the moment watching another 16 episodes or so just to finish a season feels like it might be a slog without much payoff.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

escape artist posted:

Didn't see any mention of this, but Totally Biased was cancelled. FXX shot itself in the foot with that one. "Let's move it to a new channel and change it from one night a week to five nights a week!"

Really disappointed. Thought it was better than The Daily Show, frankly.

I'm not surprised it's cancelled, mainly because the episodes I saw of it were awful. Kamau seems like a nice dude but just not funny in anything I've seen him in. I had tickets to the Doug Loves Movies he did, but my flight got delayed and I missed a stinker of an episode.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Random Stranger posted:

Goddamn that's a terrible layout for AV Club. It's like they said, "We're providing too much information. We need to cut this way back."

Thing is, I don't hate it for precisely that reason. I don't tend to visit AVC very often, but I find newspaper style sites have way way way too much data on the front page that you never really know where to start. New AVC I can quickly glance over in a few seconds and know everything new that's been put up.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

My favourite thing of the Mindy Show is the tag they used during NFL where characters from shows say where they're from in a college style, and Ike thingame says '*The* Mindy Project'. That made me laugh and it saddens me I've not seen it online anywhere.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I'm sure I'm not the only person watching, but Eagleheart: Paradise Rising has been absolutely amazing so far. Better than both Childrens Hospital and NTSF.

I liked the first two seasons, but this cinematic arc they're doing this year has been the show at its best.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Kraps posted:

I watched one episode of 2 Broke Girls and was thinking "wow, is this what sitcoms are actually like, was I wrong for finding Friends and Seinfeld funny?" I'm guessing the answer is no but drat.

When we're in an absolute golden age for TV comedy, we need shows like 2 Broke Girls to remind us how bad it can get. The universe needs to balance itself out somehow.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

The suicide attempt was bad, but the face licking cold open scene was just woooooorse.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Chuck is one of those shows I will never understand the appeal for. Just watching the pilot was an utterly painful experience.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Irish Joe posted:

The truth is that both Buffy and Angel were vastly unpopular, low rated shows that only survived because they aired on terrible networks. I know there are a lot of CW apologists on this forum, but very few people overall can stomach the chintzy poo poo CW churns out. As for Whedon, well, he's a lot like JJ Abrams in that he was able to spin one minor success into a career by picking the right projects. Whedon might be good at dialogue and Abrams at producing tv shows, but those competencies don't translate to other aspects of their jobs, like directing and story writing.

You outed yourself on this one too easily, as Whedon's dialogue is abysmal.

(I'm one of the 'Whedon is horribly overrated' people sorry, I'm glad that we're now in the majority though. It's taken too long).

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

It was enjoyable enough, but ultimately disappointing.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I watched Cabin in the Woods after everyone said 2 things:

* It's amazing! So so so so good etc
* Don't read up anything about it before you see it, not even the trailer.

The 2nd point I disagree with entirely, because I was doing what I thought was an 'awesome film horror-y double bill' so I watched the brilliant Berberian Sound Studio first, then Cabin to follow it up. I was under the impression, due to those two points, that it was going to be something really special and not a weak comedy, quite pointless dissection of a genre that's self-dissected itself (in many senses of the word) over the years, that essentially made me think I was watching a Scooby Doo tribute. I didn't hold the Whedon-ness against it as I only knew he 'was involved' but wasn't sure to what degree, and was looking forward to it.

Utter disappointment, and that and Avengers are pretty much my main reasonings that Whedon fans are just willing to praise anything the guy puts his name to to a ridiculous degree. I quite liked Dr Horrible's Sing a Long Blog from a bunch of years back though.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

No pretention whatsoever. Here's example of posts that convinced me to watch the film (they're generally people I know IRL and trust their opinions and I don't hold this against them)

quote:

The Cabin in the Woods is bloody great. However, if you haven't seen it yet and plan to I implore you not to read any reviews or discussion. Even avoid the trailer if you can. It would have been better for me if I didn't have prior knowledge of some of the more unusual plot points.

quote:

I absolutely loved it though. Infinitely better written and performed than most horrors and comedies these days.

quote:

The Cabin in the Woods is incredible. I could tell Joss Whedon was behind it, similar themes to those from Buffy and Angel. I also got a bit of a kick spotting the various Whedonverse alumni popping up.

I had less build up to Berberian (one friend who saw it who said it was really good), and I thought they'd make a good pair.

Even if we can disagree about the writing quality, the performances were abysmal - the only person I remember not being terrible was Bradley Whitford and he wasn't exactly working out of his wheelhouse.

Also is Cabin really mainstream? I wouldn't consider it as such but I don't know (nor particularly care) for the box office numbers, I only remember Whedon fans really talking about it. And Berberian is British and I'm British, so I certainly don't consider it a 'foreign film'.

It wasn't a predisposed dislike of Whedon that made me dislike Cabin, it was my dislike of Cabin that makes me realise that Whedon is not going to appeal to me in most cases regardless of how many people tell me his work is genius.

And I already said in the thread I found Avengers 'enjoyable enough' and I didn't hate what I saw of Buffy. You're reading so much into this it's unreal.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

It's an enjoyable film that's overhyped to a ridiculous degree. Nothing to be confused about. If I'd enjoyed Cabin somewhat I would've said the same thing about that too, but I didn't.

EvilTobaccoExec posted:

It was your own undoing. I really like both of them, but that was a ridiculous idea.

Ah yes, a ridiculous idea to watch two films together in the same base genre that were both supposedly brilliant and that I'm explicitly told to not read anything more about before watching. Please do tell me how loving exactly this is my fault? Even if I saw it after watching Police Academy 7 I'd hardly be running in here to say how amazing CITW was though.

It's also amazing that when I brought up this same argument to my friends, those who disagreed also relied on putting words into my mouth and not making any actual arguments yet refusing to concede that people have different opinions.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

The Cabin in the Woods (2012) 95 min - Horror | Mystery | Thriller - 13 April 2012 (UK)
Berberian Sound Studio (2012) 92 min - Drama | Horror | Thriller - 31 August 2012 (UK)

No, I concede... there's absolutely no connection between the genres of these two films whatsoever. You're completely and utterly right, how could I be so stupid?

Your point is moot anyway, as you're saying I couldn't watch, say, Anti-Christ followed by The Evil Dead II and come away enjoying both highly. But I did, because *gasp* they're both great films.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Well I have to thank you for at least contributing to the fact that Whedon fanboys are even more condescending and single minded than I thought before. Enjoy both your film choices, they're good films too. If you think the main reason I thought Cabin In The Woods was a badly written, badly performed, unfunny and overall pointless movie that's completely and utterly overhyped because you don't have the ability to watch two films in a row then I honestly don't know what to say.

If you want, I can find you an email address to complain to HBO that Eastbound and Down was scheduled next to Boardwalk Empire. How DARE they! Who on this planet could possibly enjoy these two shows next to each other in the schedule? It's a disgrace.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I love comedy, more than anything, so if Cabin in the Woods had turned out to be funny I would have had no problem with that whatsoever. It would've been a nice comedown after Berberian. The fact that the fans reactions to it completely oversold it is the point I have now made repeatedly, yet you still haven't taken onboard. The keyword in my original post was 'weak', not 'comedy'.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

EvilTobaccoExec posted:

Well tickle a pickle... I just looked it up and apparently Whedon only wrote Alien Resurrection. Jean-Pierre Jeunet directed that.

I knew who the director was, but had no idea Whedon was the writer. Another bit of proof that knowledge of Whedon's involvement doesn't bias me into thinking some of the things he's made is garbage then. It makes me dislike him more though, as I'm one of those kind that thought Alien^3 was great and that Resurrection was the beginning of the end for the franchise. gently caress you Whedon!

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yep, in the UK they put BB on Netflix the day after it aired in the US. Astoundingly, it never aired on UK TV after season 1 (I think, might've been 2).

We get pretty much every trash reality show though at least!

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Attention Americans!

I'm on a mission from the once Great Britain, where TV is a barren void of entertainment. Anyone seeking comedy will be no doubt aware that the schedules are full of poo poo these days, and any Brits recommending shows will generally go back decades and suggest (truly great) things like Spaced, Red Dwarf, The Day Today, Black Books etc. With a single decent sitcom left (Peep Show, which has taken about 15 years to produce about 40 episodes), it's not often we can say 'Oy mates, there be something on telly boxes that is worth watching!', but today is one of those days!

You see, what essentially killed scripted comedy in the UK is the panel show. For some reason you guys never really took to it, the closest non poo poo example is @Midnight which is brill. There was that Kurt Braunohler show a year or two ago, but that doesn't come under 'non poo poo' sadly. Panel shows are essentially excuses to put comedians in a room and not really compete to win a quiz, but to just have a laugh. American TV execs think you guys don't understand this oh-so-difficult concept so that's what you don't get them I guess.

Anyway, passive aggression over. On with the point!

These are the contestants for this years Big Fat Quiz of the Year. 'A bunch of bloody Brits I never heard of' I hear you say, but look closer. That there is Kristen Schaal. Kristen has broken tradition of being a good US comic who goes on a UK show and then kinda just sits there in confusion for the entire episode, contributing nothing and depressing those of us who tuned in just to watch them (David Cross on Nevermind The Buzzcocks is coming to mind, although I can't specifically remember why). No, Kristen, who I'm aware can sometimes be hit and miss, absolutely loving EMBRACES the format from the word go. She is your entry point into watching this.

So what is this blasted thing you want us to watch, and why?

Once a year, host Jimmy Carr (he's our Anthony Jeselnik I guess, except with tax avoidance!) puts together 3 teams of 2 comedians and asks questions about the events of the year. Some are British orientated, but don't worry about those - the TV round was a complete blank to me because I refuse to watch the awful stuff. Some of the answers you'll know, some you won't. The contestants generally know next to nothing and will instead respond with funny/offensive comebacks instead. That's it! Simple stuff. As with most years, the quiz completely breaks down by the end of the night (it's quite long) and it's generally laugh out loud funny for the whole time, in my opinion.

So, to introduce the teams to you

Team 1
Jack Whitehall - opinions are split on Jack, he's quite a posh studenty kind of comic and I can see why that winds people up. I only really know him through this show, and I think some of his stuff is pretty funny.
Jonathan Ross - has been involved with TV for what feels like decades. Was the reason that Russell Brand got kicked off the BBC when the two of them made mean prank phone calls to an old man. It genuinely seemed funny at the time, but bad in reflection. He's a good guy, I don't really know who to compare him to. I can see him being friends with Craig Ferguson though, if that helps?

Team 2
Dara O'Birian - Irish comedian, generally known for being host of Mock the Week - a panel show on the BBC that is more popular than it really deserves to be. He's a pretty funny and likeable guy though.
Kristen Schaal - she's one of you, your gateway to the 'I don't understand this question' because generally Kristen won't either. The voice of Louise in Bob's Burgers, the best animated show on US TV. Maybe tied with Archer.

Team 3
Noel Fielding - an odd chap, again is love/hated by the public depending on your tastes. Most known for The Mighty Boosh, which started great but went poo poo in its last year. Was a hipster before Britain knew what hipsters were I guess.
Richard Ayaode - mostly known for The IT Crowd, which isn't as good as people say but is one of the last few tolerable British sitcoms. Should be known more for his great film 'Submarine', and he directed that amazing 'My Dinner with Andre' episode of Community. He's pretty excellent.

There's a fair few Americans popping up asking questions, including Paul Rudd, Will Ferrell and Steve Carrell. You know them!

One more thing...

You possibly don't know who Danny Dyer is. That's fine, in fact - that's enviable. He was known for being a 'tough guy' in various films (some decent, most shite - he's the king of Straight to Video movies over here), for thinking he's well tough in real life, and now he's sunk to the bottom of his career and is in one of our dreadful soap operas.

What he's just as well known for, is this response in one of our trash 'lads mags'

He's a prick essentially, and someone who I don't imagine has much of a sense of humour about themselves. So it's especially fun to see the comedians poke fun at him for about 5 minutes while he tries to get his question out. Worth watching for that alone. He does his best to pretend he's cool with it, but he's not a very good actor.

Right, I've got a spare 90 minutes or so because US TV kinda just shuts down at Xmas for some reason. Also you won't shut up and I want for the words to stop. How do I watch this thing?

OK this is where it might get tricky, because being in the UK it's a lot easier for me.

Here's the link to the episode: http://www.channel4.com/programmes/big-fat-quiz/4od#3624116

I believe if you run Hola in Firefox specifically (according to a Facebook post I read) then you should be fine. I guess? Try it - http://www.hola.org

Anyone with any resourcefulness will be able to find it online if you can't get this working.

Enjoy!

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Rarity posted:

If you're really interested there's the one with Mr. Blobby and the one with Russell Brand and Noel Fielding from before Russ was famous and Noel was poo poo.

I thought this one was a good intro to Americans simply because Kristen offers an American viewpoint throughout, which would be fun to watch along with. The Mr Blobby bit was great, but will mean absolutely nothing to kids who didn't grow up with that damned monster (and the accompanying song).

Not sure what you mean about 'before Russ was famous', dude has been huge years before BFQ started, from like 2003 onwards. Big Brothers Big Mouth escalated him to a height where everyone knew who this guy was. I agree, him and Jonathan together are the best.

I don't watch panel shows normally: there's too many of them, I don't care about most of the guests, it's generally an excuse to use old standup material and I just burnt out. Can't even be bothered about QI or HIGNFY most of the time now. But there's something about BFQ that really works for me, and I thought last nights was genuinely great (I went in simply hoping it wouldn't suck). Slight inebriation undoubtedly helped, but I love how it just falls apart each year.

Can't remember if I watched last years or not, or was in such a haze I won't remember it at all, so might queue that up for this evening.

DominoDancing posted:

I don't know how it happend, but I've really warmed up to Jimmy Carr and think he's quite excellent now. His prewritten jokes are almost always endearingly horrible, and/but he is great with banter and comebacks and thus makes a perfect host for shows like this. I also have to say, the episode of 8 Out Of 10 Cats they shot right after news of his tax evation hit the airwaves is quite a sight to be seen.

I don't think I've seen his last two DVDs, but yeah despite the fact that C4 completely overloaded our screens with him a few years ago, he's pretty funny and is a good host. That quiz show he did years back was pretty good, the one with non-famous contestants doing fairly awful things? I've not watched much 8 Out of 10 Cats, but I was surprised to the quality of the Countdown episodes they did. They could've (and should've) toned down the air of misogyny though.

quote:

Being British certainly helps when it comes to them mentioning C-list celebs like that The Only Way Is Essex girl. But I'm not British either and that's never really stopped me from enjoying the shows. And really, you pick a lot of the references up along the way. If you know Jersey Shore, it's really not that hard to get a joke about Geordie Shore even without having seen it.

Yeah, I've never sat through a moment of TOWIE or Chelsea, so I didn't know who those people are but the message is quite blatant. In the roundup at the beginning of that round, showing the year of UK telly... I could name maybe 2 or 3 shows (Bake Off), but I hadn't even seen those. Nothing made me think I've missed out to be honest, and I forgot about Sex Box completely. I kind of wish I'd seen it, as that was the bonkers C4 I used to love growing up.

raditts posted:

That's not fair, Jimmy Carr can be funny sometimes.

Haha, I think Jeselnik completely suits the material he's delivering. He sounds sincere, while you genuinely know he's not, but has a wonderful sneer to it. He's a hatable character played incredibly well.

Deadpool posted:

I like Kristen Schaal, Jimmy Carr, and Richard Ayaode quite a bit but every time I've ever tried to watch one of these panel shows you guys have I don't like them at all. So I'm conflicted.

Schaal was better last night than I've seen her on pretty much anything, including her special. She got the format completely, and was happy to shout out her brand of craziness and the audience receipted to it well. Ayaode wasn't quite as busy, but I'm sure he's always pretty quiet on these things. His comments about Robin Thicke were particularly excellent though, I'm glad he was back. Carr is pretty much standard Carr, no bad thing.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Paradox Personified posted:

I need to get into Sean Saves the World, how did I let that slip my mind?

What? Why? It's utterly abysmal.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Yeah I didn't think masses of Prometheus, but in a pinch I'd probably watch it over Serenity again. Moon is easily the best of that bunch, and Gravity was just awesome in the cinema. He didn't mention Oblivion, but I will: Oblivion was a better watch than Serenity too.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Shageletic posted:

Been putting off getting into Eric Andre (even though I actually saw one of his shows, had to use other people as shields to avoid the mustard spray). But the Hannibal bits in it and other clips I just went through were golden. Is he in every episode?

Yes, Hannibal is in every episode.

I'm an episode or two behind on Eagleheart: Paradise Rising at the moment, which is great: it means I get to watch more Eagleheart: Paradise Rising. Childrens was only 'OK' this year, NTSF was better than usual, Eric Andre was superb (James Van Der Beek episode had me in hysterics) and Eagleheart has just been an insane arc of wonderful madness.

For some reason I find Heart She Holler a little harder to get into?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Joramun posted:

The best sci-fi movies of the last five years are District 9, Inception, Looper, and Rise of the PotA.

Solid films, although I still haven't seen PotA. District 9s change from documentary to movie was jarring as hell though, and I can only hope there was a technical/budgetary reason to do that, rather than thinking it was a good idea and that nobody would notice.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

DivisionPost posted:

What's amazing is that there's no way he came up with that on his own; somebody had to PITCH THAT to him. Even with his recent taste for absurd comedy, that's gotta be scary.

Half of the enjoyment of the show is trying to work out who is in on what. Sometimes the interviews are obviously chopped up so they're not answering the question you just heard, sometimes they're obviously in on it the whole time, sometimes you think they're not in on it but they do something ludicrous at the end so you think 'ok I guess they were' then sometimes, like the Mel B one, she just seems completely oblivious to what she's just been part of and there didn't seem to be much in the way of editing tricks. Mel B has never come across as a good actress before, we've all seen Spice World.

And who the gently caress is Russell Brand?!

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Rarity posted:

The leader of the revolution, our Lord and Saviour :allears:

Wrong Russell Brand!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvvP3QV15FI

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Irish Joe posted:

Mindy is a terrible show that nevertheless manages to pump out just enough great gags per episode to keep me tuned in. Its kinda like the reverse B99 in that respect.

I watch Mindy, and Super Fun Night, simply because they both seem to have really good guest stars that I like from other things and one of them says something funny enough to keep me watching. Mindy is probably a bit better than SFN though, which really should be better given that it's a Michael Showalter show :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Keanu rules. If anyone here has an interest in filmmaking and hasn't seen his film 'Side by Side', then you are massively missing out. Such a great documentary.

• Locked thread