Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free

quote:

Q: What’s going to happen to Hal Lublin now that the show is ending?

A: Honestly, it’s Hal we worry about the most. If you think you’d make a good owner for Hal—he has a very unusual diet and has severe separation anxiety—please let us know via social media.
:ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
PFT and composer of many a TAH Musical Number, Eban Schletter are starting a new improvised musical comedy podcast: https://soundcloud.com/spontaneanation/paul-f-tompkins-presents-spontaneanation-teaser

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

Wow, the latest Bucatino Business skit finally won me over on them. That was.... something.

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.

CaptainPsyko posted:

PFT and composer of many a TAH Musical Number, Eban Schletter are starting a new improvised musical comedy podcast: https://soundcloud.com/spontaneanation/paul-f-tompkins-presents-spontaneanation-teaser

The first episode dropped today, and it's full of TAH cast members and also Matt Gourley.

http://www.earwolf.com/episode/a-dennys-parking-lot/

It's really sweet that the Thrilling Adventure Cast appears to be starting multiple podcasts so they can keep working together.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I have an extra ticket to the April 11th show, my sister can't make it after all. I don't think any of my friends will be interested. Should I try to sell it or?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
What's there to say about the last episode that isn't a spoiler? They wrapped up a lot of loose ends, there were many guest stars, fewer puppets, and there was an intermission.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

RandomPauI posted:

What's there to say about the last episode that isn't a spoiler? They wrapped up a lot of loose ends, there were many guest stars, fewer puppets, and there was an intermission.

I guess John Hodgman was broadcasting the last show from backstage on Periscope. Pity I only read about it after the show was over...

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Dunno what took me so long but I finally started listening to this podcast a few days ago. I think it was Spontaneanation and this thread that shoved me in TAH's general direction, so thanks. I have a lot of catching up to do. Two observations: for some reason, I love the Sparks Nevada theme; and god, Paget Brewster is just absolutely precious as Sadie Doyle.

Edit: wait, the show is ending?! But I just started :smith:

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

I was listening to the Nerdist Writer's Panel today and I think Ben Blacker said that it's still continuing as a podcast... just not as a live show.

Edit: Oh, reading the TAH blog, I guess that's just because they have enough episodes to last through August.

thexerox123 fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Apr 22, 2015

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

The work juice tumblr recently posted that in October the podcast adaptation of Beyond Belief would be beginning with, wait for it, a live show.
So I guess it remains to be seen how much things are actually going to change.

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

"It's pretty bad, isn't it? I know it's pretty bad. Ever since I can remember..."
I put everything you need to know about C2E2 here in this post, including a map to the booth. I'll be working selling merch and tickets and such.... basically during all of the signings and a little before / after, please come by and say Hi.

There's still tickets to all the shows available, standing room only for the first Sparks show, plenty left for the second. If you're on the fence about them, the first show is the first two comics adapted into live show format, the second script is the two yet-unreleased Sparks comics. The Improv show at NYCC was some of the hardest I laughed all last year, it'll be absolutely worth it.

The Beyond Belief New York show in the fall sold out in like an hour. I'm sure they'll add another. No word yet if there's going to be a NYCC presence, I'm going to try to find out this weekend, but it's the same weekend as NYCC.

Roach Warehouse, I'm not sure where you're getting that the podcast adaptation is going to continue past October (They'll probably release that Bell House show, I'd guess). Hopefully they'll announce some more solid plans and stuff at the panel this weekend. :)

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Annakie posted:

Roach Warehouse, I'm not sure where you're getting that the podcast adaptation is going to continue past October (They'll probably release that Bell House show, I'd guess). Hopefully they'll announce some more solid plans and stuff at the panel this weekend. :)

I could have sworn I read it somewhere, so I had a look around, I guess it must have been on their wikipedia page, which reads " Also announced was that there will be two new monthly comics in the Sparks Nevada and Beyond Belief storylines, starting February 2015. The podcast will continue in the form of audio versions of the comic books." And considering there's no citation there, I'm entirely more skeptical now. Dang.

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS
The comic list website I use billed Beyond Belief as 1 of 4. Say it ain't so! I was hoping for at least a year of it!

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

I really hate that curtaineer guy.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

I'm about 30% convinced he's really Paul F. Tompkins doing a voice.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
The new Capt. Laserbeam with Keegan-Michael Key as Laserbeam was pretty good.

It does make me wonder: Why hasn't Jon DiMaggio shown up in quite a few TAHs lately? Busy? Had a falling out with Acker & Blacker? Anyone know?

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

"It's pretty bad, isn't it? I know it's pretty bad. Ever since I can remember..."
I dunno for sure, I doubt there was a falling out. My guess is that he's just been busy.

Final Largo show spoilers...

DiMaggio was there, but there wasn't an episode of Laserbeam, though he sang the Laserbeam theme with Common Rotation and talked about how much the show meant to him and the fans meant to the rest of the cast.

I really liked how they handled the ep, too. If we somehow DO get more Laserbeam episodes and DiMaggio can't do them, I'll definitely take KMK as the "new" Laserbeam.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The best part for me was that when I checked the show notes this morning, I just saw that DiMaggio wasn't playing Laserbeam and didn't pay attention to who did. Which made the "are you black now?" line even funnier.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Finished listening to Sparks Nevada today, just in time for next week's live show! God, I'm so excited.

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

Just as a point of information, NYCC badges go on sale tomorrow. Most of them sold out within a few minutes last year.

There are still general admission tickets available to the second Bell House show in October, which is the same weekend as NYCC.

*edit* Oh good, they officially announced that they're going to be at NYCC this year.

Annakie fucked around with this message at 19:00 on May 12, 2015

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free

Waffleopolis posted:

The new Capt. Laserbeam with Keegan-Michael Key as Laserbeam was pretty good.

It does make me wonder: Why hasn't Jon DiMaggio shown up in quite a few TAHs lately? Busy? Had a falling out with Acker & Blacker? Anyone know?

For the same reason Nathan Fillion hasn't been doing Cactoid Jim or Jefferson Reid, Ace American appearances:

Neil Patrick Harris has abducted them both to his moon-base

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

I caught the Workjuice improv tonight. It may have been the funniest night of my life.

Leospeare
Jun 27, 2003
I lack the ability to think of a creative title.
The Auckland show was incredible! As was PFT's indescribable suit.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Leospeare posted:

The Auckland show was incredible! As was PFT's indescribable suit.

It was truly the greatest, most amazing, most wonderful, brilliant suit I've ever seen.

The show was good too.
I still can't believe I got to see it, and meet the cast afterwards. Jenny Wade said I have a lovely smile :swoon:

cptn_dr fucked around with this message at 12:05 on May 20, 2015

Leospeare
Jun 27, 2003
I lack the ability to think of a creative title.

cptn_dr posted:

It was truly the greatest, most amazing, most wonderful, brilliant suit I've ever seen.

The show was good too.
I still can't believe I got to see it, and meet the cast afterwards. Jenny Wade said I have a lovely smile :swoon:

Jealous that you got to do the meet and greet! I'll bet that was a blast.

Have you got any other pics from the show? I didn't even think about trying to sneak any (and I doubt my camera would have gotten anything decent anyway).

(Jesus, that suit. On ANYONE ELSE it would be ridiculous, how does he pull it off so well?)

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

I managed to grab a few photos. They're not that great, but they're here anyway.

http://dragnew.tumblr.com/post/119481605422/the-thrilling-adventure-hour-was-exactly-as

And here are my photos from the Improv show, too. Which was literally the funniest thing I have ever seen.

http://dragnew.tumblr.com/post/119357174322/some-photos-from-the-workjuice-improv-show

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

Your pics are great, thanks for sharing them! I queued 'em on FYTAH. :)

Also, Sparks #3 came out yesterday, check your local comic books store or wherever you buy comics. :)

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Wow, I did not think Stabbin' in the Woods would turn out the way it did.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Holy poo poo, John Hodgman as Coach was wonderful.

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free
Stabbin' In The Woods gave me the impression that most of Cinnamon's lines were ad-libbed. Is this the case, or was it all in the script?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Man, the April Fools episodes have been loving amazing. I can't wait to see who gets to play Frank Doyle; I hope it's Mark Evan Jackson just so he can get some payback.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Woo, my copy of the Concert DVD just arrived! Can't wait til I get the chance to watch it.

And yeah, the April Fools episodes have been killing it. Marc Evan Jackson is some kind of super human.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

cptn_dr posted:

Woo, my copy of the Concert DVD just arrived! Can't wait til I get the chance to watch it.

And yeah, the April Fools episodes have been killing it. Marc Evan Jackson is some kind of super human.

Wait

Wait

It's actually on sale now?

Holy poo poo it is actually on sale now holy gently caress

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Illuyankas posted:

Wait

Wait

It's actually on sale now?

Holy poo poo it is actually on sale now holy gently caress

Yes it is!! Though I got my copy at a live show (well, I stupidly didn't buy it at the Auckland one, so I got my brother to grab me a copy when they played Wellington). But yes! It is out, and it's great. I'd forgotten how amazing the Robbie the Roughouser episode was.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
I know this week's convention panel was old (before the Austrailia tour), but what is the thing Acker & Blacker are tyring to be so hush-hush about? It has something to do wit hthe Disney channel so it makes me think they're writing an episode or episodes of Gravity Falls.

PLEASE let it be Gravity Falls.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I hope it's got something to do with Beyond Belief, but Sparks Nevada seems more marketable kid friendly.

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf
The Sparks Nevada comic continues to be amazing.

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free

quote:

Marc Evan Jackson
‏@MarcEvanJackson

The podcast of the final #SparksNevada Marshal on Mars will be released on Monday. Nice riding with you, #Adventurekateers. @ThrillingAdv

Listen I actually got misty-eyed for the final Moonshine Holler, so I have no idea how I'm gonna deal with this.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
It was the strongest piece of the final show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul
I am not ready for this :smith:

• Locked thread