Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
I'm pretty sure Croach turned into a jealous house cat in this week's episode, with leaving this skin in the chair and all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

"It's pretty bad, isn't it? I know it's pretty bad. Ever since I can remember..."

Waffleopolis posted:

I'm pretty sure Croach turned into a jealous house cat in this week's episode, with leaving this skin in the chair and all.

Mark Gagliardi's done amazing two episodes in a row playing Croach with entirely different sets of emotions. I was a little trepadacious when they started an arc with Pemily Stallwark, but they did a great job taking what started out as a one-dimensional parody character and giving her a fantastic character arc and growth, and really funny, too. Sparks getting to kind of be a dad after he didn't get to with Red like he wanted was really great, too.

Also I'm so happy they finally released the Beyond Belief with Tim Omundson, Maggie Lawson, and Jim O'Heir this morning. Literally my three favorite shows (Psych, Parks and Rec and TAH) all in one episode. :3:

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I'm actually kinda bummed that Pemily's gone already; I liked her interactions with SParks and Croach.

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

"It's pretty bad, isn't it? I know it's pretty bad. Ever since I can remember..."
There are a few new shirts in the We Love Fine store as of yesterday.

Also, if you're not following Hal Lublin (@hallublin) and Mark Gagliardi (@markgags) on twitter, you should be. All day yesterday they were live-tweeting their trip together from LA to Poughkeepsie, NY under the hashtag #TAHPTA (Thrilling Adventure Hour Trains Planes and Automobiles) and it was the best Buddy Road Trip movie I've seen in years. I believe they're going to keep it up for their trip all weekend long.

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free
So I've just started listening (I'm on Ep #12, the first Moonshine Holler one HOBO DRACULA), and this is incredible! I've predownloaded through to #154, and I've noticed there's a few "missing" eps. 39, 40, and 41 don't seem to be available anywhere I can find them. Are these premium content, or something?

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

For unknown reasons, they disappeared off the podcast for awhile. We asked the Bens a month or two ago and they put 40 and 41 back up. You'll find them between #149 and #150.

Still don't know where #39 is. I might ask them next time I send in a wiki questions email.

There's no "premium content" out there, though there are a couple of extra episodes floating around between the Mbar video I have linked in the OP and some kickstarter rewards of some .mp3's of some Mbar (really old, pre-podcast) era shows. :)

BTW Colonel Tick-Tock is my least favorite of all the regular middle segments (I don't dislike it, just, least favorite) and I listened to this week's episode four times already. Best Tick-Tock ever.

"I have come in hopes that you, the greatest lover in the annuals of history will teach me all that you know."

"Let me make sure I understand this, you want me to teach you how to make romance... with... a woman...??"

"Or whatever, sure."

"Well, it may take awhile, I know a lot.

"It could take even longer, darling. I can be a poor student when I put my mind to it."

Annakie fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Mar 1, 2014

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Annakie posted:

BTW Colonel Tick-Tock is my least favorite of all the regular middle segments (I don't dislike it, just, least favorite) and I listened to this week's episode four times already. Best Tick-Tock ever.

I swear that Paul F Tompkins had a bet with somebody about how many times he could say "Spaghetti" on stage without cracking up. And it was excellent.

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

Just a little background on this morning's episode...

Desdemona Hughes, Diva Detective is a segment they used to do back in the MBar days and haven't done any since (until this one, obviously). Here's a youtube recording of a bit of an episode from way back then.

This is not the "new segment" they introduced on JoCo Cruise Crazy last week. I still don't know what that is. TAH is nigh impossible to get spoilers for unless someone you know was at that show. :argh:

Also last week I was sick and needed a project to do and made a complete timeline of the major events in the entire Sparks Nevada universe. SO, have fun with that. Could still use more help with the wiki if anyone has the inclination. The whole "Questions and How to Contribute" section on the front page has all the info needed to get started with wiki editing. :)

Annnd... my buddy Shannon drew this awesome Sparks, Croach and Red picture you guys should look at.

Annakie fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Mar 3, 2014

Tala
Jun 17, 2002

Hey, catch me later, I'll buy you a beer.
Happy (belated) 9th birthday to TAH! Happy (current) birthday to Paget Brewster!

I only started listening back in November, but it has fast become one of my favourite things. I am genuinely a little angry with myself for not checking into it sooner, especially around the time of the Kickstarter campaign so I could have supported them, but I am trying to make up for it now (received the graphic novel for my birthday back in January, bought some show swag from the website).

Started off preferring Sparks Nevada but now I've swung over to Beyond Belief. I am pretty sure that Frank & Sadie Doyle are my favourite fictional couple ever.

Anyhoo, new episode up today! Beyond Belief "Light as a Feather, Stiff as a Corpse". G-G-G-Go listen!

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

ICYMI, a new bonus episode was put out today, and it's basically the best thing you're gonna hear all week. Or month, if you're not going to Emerald City Comic Con?

Btw I'm going to Emerald City Comic Con now. Going to the con on Friday to meet everyone and then see the WTNV show that night. Saturday going to go touristing around Seattle (my friend and I rented a car) and then go to the WTNV/Crossover show that night.

I'll trip-report non-spoilery when I'm back. Any other goons going?

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

I wish I could go to ECC since the crossover event sounds amazing.

"The human designated as 'The Faceless Old Woman Who Lives in Your House,' I perceive you with six of my senses."

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

Considering Marc and Mark are going to be there, and neither Paul or Paget will, I'm guessing there's going to be some really crazy Sparks and Croach interacting with Cecil and Carlos stuff going on.

A friend and I theorized that since Molly will be there, the Moon / Pemily might be involved, too. Jim Beaver and Alan Tudyk are also going to be there. Jim's played Highwayman Dan's father, NiceMan Dan and Tudyk played Ultra-Admiral Miles Kaward before, but who knows if they're reprising characters or playing new ones or if they'll be Night Vale characters instead.

A very interesting clip from the MBar days surfaced this week. I have no idea what's going on there or why it's happening, but it's pretty amusing. If they ever do that storyline in the current canon, I hope it's not for a couple of years, though.

I'm also super excited about this plot with Red searching for her roots and maybe get out of the "who will Red choose this week?" slump she's been in lately.

Waffleopolis
Apr 24, 2005

It's time....for the MAIN event!
Am I the only one who would love to see Paul F Tompkins play as Jib Janeen in disguise as other roles from other TAH shows?

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp

Waffleopolis posted:

Am I the only one who would love to see Paul F Tompkins play as Jib Janeen in disguise as other roles from other TAH shows?

How about he does his amazing Speakeasy interviews in character as Jib Janeen? Hearing that low-key lounge music before he looks into the camera yelling "HI ALL MY BUDDIES!" would be pretty great.

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

Jib Janeen as Captain Laserbeam and Phillip Fathom figuring it out immediately. But not before Janeen is almost driven almost insane by Patrick, William and Richard.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

So I guess it's the Night Vale / Thrilling Adventure crossover this evening. Who are these people who have never heard of TAH before?

somebody on Twitter posted:

Cecil has great stage presence and monologue skills & Ive never heard of The Thrilling Adventure Hour but they're pretty ok

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

It was and it was AMAZING. I've been too busy to make a trip report, expect a non-spoilery one Monday or so. Too busy this weekend and travelling all day tomorrow.

radlum
May 13, 2013
Dammit, I spent most of the night seeing tweets and pics of the crossover and being sad that I missed it. I wish they would release the audio as podcast sooner

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

I tried to write a quick writeup but it really wasn't so quick. Sorry!

* Friday, my friend Jena and I made it to the con (we were staying in a hotel a ways away and had a rental car.) We ran into Hal Lublin at the booth and ended up hanging out with him and his wife for about 3 hours in total.

* At about the second hour, and 2 location changes later, he introduced me to Ben Blacker, and we talked for about ten minutes about the wiki and the show and a lot of other things. We were still deep in conversation when Jena called my name, I turned my head and Mark Gagliardi was like, five feet away. When I wrapped up my conversation with Ben, Mark was right there saying hi and giving me a hug and so then we got to talk for a little bit. And this happened. We didn't get to talk much because people kept coming up and asking for autographs. Annie Savage also showed up and I got to talk to her a bit.

* While I was talking to Mark, Blacker gave Jena and I VIP passes for that night's Night Vale live show and TAH movie screening & Q&A. (Apparently it pays to pour a hundred or two hours into writing an extensive wiki the writers use as their show bible.)

* Hal took us with them upstairs to the interview area where we also saw Molly Quinn, I didn't get to speak to her, though. We hung out for a bit while the cast was getting interviewed. Eventually we needed food and water and sitting down, and we wanted to go to Blacker's Nerdist Writer's Panel, so we said goodbye to them and went to grab lunch, then went to the Nerdist Writer's Panel.

* After that Acker and Blacker had a signing down at their booth, and I hadn't gotten to talk to Acker yet so we went, and got a poster signed by both of them.

* After two hours of well-needed rest, we headed to the WTNV live show / TAH movie screening. We got to sit in the second row, which was right behind the entire TAH cast that was there. Yeah there was a huge VIP area that was literally like 20% full. In that second pic that's Annie, her husband, Craig, you can't see but the top of his head but then is Mark, then Marc Evan Jackson and Acker and his wife, and Blacker would eventually sit next to him. Molly and Hal sat right in front of us, and they were both in the WTNV show. (Hal plays Steve Carlsberg.)

* They performed most of the Numbers Station episode with the Steve Carlsberg appearance they've been performing in the Librarian touring show. Also, poor Intern John DiMaggio :(

* The TAH movie screening was next and I can't say much but I will say I really enjoyed it. The producers of the film were sitting behind us, so we talked to them for awhile and they told us that the film is about 90% done. Afterwards there was a Q&A panel. An amusing bit was one guy saying his family's favorite segment was Sparks Nevada, so Marc was all smug and happy about it until he said his kid's favorite lines, and all of them were Croach quotes. One of them was Croach's self high-five so Mark did the line and self-high-fived himself.

* After that we hung out with the cast until the convention center kicked us all out. I got to talk to Marc and Craig, and had a pretty long conversation with the Bens that was really fantastic, plus got to talk to Mark for a few minutes uninterrupted. Oh also, Marc told me Sparks' middle name, and the Bens confirmed it and said to put it on the wiki, even though it hasn't been in a podcast episode.

* The next day we didn't have con badges (We planned this trip pretty last minute and all the Saturday and Sunday badges were sold out) so we spent the day going to the Space Needle and museums, and met up with another friend who flew in just to see the show. That night we parked in a lot behind the theater and on the way to go get dinner ran into the cast and got to introduce our friend to some of them.

* The Crossover show was pretty full, at least from where I was sitting in the 5th row to the side. No idea what things looked like up in the balconies but there were people on the top balcony. We also happened to be seated next to Acker's father and cousin and had a great time chatting with them.

* The Crossover episode itself was nothing short of amazing. I'm going to post some mild spoilers, nothing plot-wise or anything you couldn't figure out by looking at the cast list, for those who care to know.

* It was, as predicted, a Sparks Nevada crossover with WTNV. They encouraged us all to sing along with the theme song, which was pretty great. Also, I think even all the people who had never heard of Sparks Nevada, Marshal on Mars before all fell in love with Croach by about 5 minutes in. The cheering for all the Sparks people got louder as the WTNV people got familiar with the characters, and they definitely loved Sparks too, but Mark had the crowd eating out of his hand almost as much as Cecil did in pretty short order. Cecil's command of the crowd was again, very awe inspiring.

* Also, Cecil does a killer Croach impression.

* Hal played his WTNV character and not a TAH character.

* The storyline was hilarious and made a lot of sense. There were a lot of people on the stage once the entire cast was together and it was just an amazing sight to see.

* A couple of pictures: DiMaggio, Tudyk, Jim Beaver, Mark, Marc, Craig and Nearly the entire cast on stage together.

* After the show we stayed for a bit to talk to the cast and make sure our friend got the autographs she wanted. A friend of mine made and sent me a Croach necklace I'd worn to the show that night. Mark loved it and tried to steal it. Instead, I let him wear it for a bit and we snapped a picture. (The friend who made it for me is going to make him and Marc their own pins. She also made Hal an announcer pin her wears on stage sometimes.

Annnd... after saying goodbye to the cast, we dropped our friend off at her hotel and our flights left mid-day the next day. I was a little disappointed I didn't get to go to the con Saturday and Sunday, but that's what you get for deciding to go only 3 weeks ahead of time. We're also going to I'm from Earth day next month so, three weeks and I'll be seeing the show again. I can wait. :)

Annakie fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Apr 1, 2014

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Well, I really hope you remember it well, because according to the episode that dropped today the recording got corrupted. :cry:

On the plus side, one of the Bens said they're going to re-perform and re-record the show later this year.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Evil Mastermind posted:

Well, I really hope you remember it well, because according to the episode that dropped today the recording got corrupted. :cry:

On the plus side, one of the Bens said they're going to re-perform and re-record the show later this year.

Oh no, it's like the death of Superpod all over again! (There's a bootleg but the audio is crap.)

Also, we are all under onus to Annakie for such a great write-up.

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

Don't worry, I remember the show VERY well. I'm a little devastated to never hear the recording, but if they do the show again in the fall when I've saved up enough to maybe take another trip after these two trips in three weeks, I might try to make it to that show, depending on where and when it is. I'm hoping they go to NY comic con and do the show then, because a bunch of my other friends, and my wiki co-admin, are all east coast based and I'd love to meet them. So I'm tentatively planning on going to NYCC if TAH goes.

There were a few things I forgot to post, believe it or not, in that post. Like...

The Croach Plush!. I don't know if it got enough interest in the con to actually be made, but it might still help if you guys tweet #CroachPlushLives if you'd like to see it offered. We were there when Mark saw it for the first time and the look on his face was PRICELESS.

Oh, and I asked Hal what the hell is going on in that video I posted a couple of posts back where Sparks and Croach sing Riding the Galactic Trail and kiss at the end. Hal said that that was from the last episode they did at MBar and apparently the Bens decided to just end the show doing the craziest stuff in each episode, so they decided Sparks and Croach would get together, I guess? Marc and Mark were up for it, so they went ahead and really committed and went for the kiss at the end and everything. So, Sparks/Croach is apparently the canon MBar ending. Which, of course, has no bearing on current canon.

I have more photos to upload to my Flickr photoset still, and I have some video from the Q&A and the closing WorkJuice anthem from the crossover show to post to YouTube, so I'll update again in a few days when I've managed to get everything more organized. Oh and Hal doing the Sparks intro for me.

Also, yesterday Hal pulled a prank on Mark on twitter that Hal roped a bunch of us to help out on: http://www.doinimprovwithmarkgagsgagliardi.com/

*edit* OH and also Hal introduced us to Jeffrey Cranor, aka the other writer for WTNV besides maxnmona. And yet somehow I've managed to see WTNV live three times in the last three weeks (The Dallas, show, then both Friday and Saturday nights) and have yet to actually meet maxnmona / Joseph Fink. Jeffrey was very kind and remembered me the next night after the crossover show. :)

*ANNND one more edit* Here's a video of an interview with Hal and Craig! I know there's other interviews out there but haven't found them yet. Craig name-drops my friend Jena and they talk about us being there and the wiki. :3:

Annakie fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Apr 1, 2014

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

This morning's episode audio echo is so bad I can barely listen to the second half of the episode. :( K bothering Tick-Tock is pretty magical though. And Mark's Trick Clock is pretty good.

As promised... Hal doing Folksy Hal for us while hanging out at ECCC. Sorry about my uncontrollable giggling. Right after I cut the video some people walk by and gave us a "What are you crazy people doing?" look and Hal was like "Hey how's it going?" Of course right after that they walked into about 100 Homestuck Cosplayers so, Hal's voices weren't anything compared to that.

The ending WorkJuice anthem at the Crossover show. No spoilers.

The video I took at Friday's Q&A has some serious sound problems, I don't know what was up with my phone, so it's about 50% unlistenable. Hopefully they release it on the podcast at some point. There really wasn't much new information for anyone who listens to the Fan Questions Answered and the Behind the Scenes interviews, anyway.

Two weeks from tomorrow I'll be at Sparks Nevada's "I'm from Earth" Day Special! :dance:

Annakie fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Apr 7, 2014

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

Annakie posted:

This morning's episode audio echo is so bad I can barely listen to the second half of the episode. :(

I haven't noticed any issues with the audio :shrug:

Edit: Nope. You're right. It just kicked in.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Yeah, it's weird that it doesn't seem to start until like ten minutes in.

Still, a fun episode. When did Colonel Tick-Tock start getting good?

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
Sorry to break it to you, but Colonel Tick-Tock's always been good :colbert:

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free
I don't care how formulaic they are, Colonel Tick-Tock and Captain Laserbeam are constantly hilarious.

Amelia Earhart, on the other hand... :geno:

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Yeah, I never got the feeling that they knew what to do with the Amelia Earhart bits. Like they had the base concept but couldn't follow through with it.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
I like Amelia Erhart, but it's much like Jefferson Reid in that it's pulp, but a bit TOO pulp and straight laced

But I will defend Captain Laserbeam to the death :argh:

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

I'm in the airport on my way home from seeing Earth Day last night, I'll post a wrapup tonight or by the end of the weekend. It was great experiencing Largo and seeing the cast /Bens again. If you have any questions, let me know!

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

First of all, if you haven't seen yet, the Welcome to Night Vale episode that guest stars Marc Evan Jackson, Mark Gagliardi, Annie Savage and Hal Lublin is up at Bandcamp for download!

I've got all the pictures from my trip to LA here, which includes a trip to the La Brea tar pits. I went with the same friend who I met up with in Seattle. We had dinner Monday night with a friend at a restaurant Marc Evan Jackson recommended a few months ago near Largo (Dominics) which was amazing, and dessert at Milk, which is apparently a famous dessert place in Hollywood.

That night we went to Meltdown Comics, which Chris Hardwick owns, and met up with a different friend. Once a month or so Hardwick invites two other comedians to come and perform new material. The show is free since the material is untested. Hardwick performed, then Steve Agee (Alloy Roy!) and Marc Maron. It was a lot of fun and most of the jokes landed.

Tuesday evening we got to Largo early to get good seats, and waited in line for about 45 minutes for seat assignments. The hilarious thing about the area its in is that there's a really swanky mall down the road, but then there's a strip club literally right across the street from Largo, a bong shop connected to it, and a kinky lingerie shop on the corner of the next block.

Anyway, we got to see Craig and Hal briefly before the show, then met up with about a half dozen other people (including Hal's wife) we had met via twitter, and went to dinner at a vegan restaurant on the next block over. I'm not a vegan but if you are and ever go to Largo, it was actually pretty good.

Back at Largo they let us into the courtyard. There's first a short walk through a hallway, and the "little room" is to the right (left in the picture). Then you're in the open-air courtyard, the place where you see all the pictures with fans taken with the Christmas lights overhead (I think the second-floor windows in those pictures are the dressing rooms). To the left is a bar area, with the restrooms and the entrance to the back of the theater. The main theater entrance is ahead, and there's also a small DJ ahead and to the right, with the Largo sign overhead. To the right is an entrance to backstage, which I saw Blacker go in and out of several times, along with Dave Gruber Allen and after the show the cast goes in and out of. There's also a staircase to the second-floor area which was roped off. The whole thing, including the theater itself, is way smaller than I imagined.

Anyway, the show itself was good! Here's some pretty general spoilers, nothing detail-y...

I have to admit I was a little disappointed because unlike last year's Earth Day special, this one was just two episodes of Sparks. Last year's had the whole wraparound story with the Bhatu, plus two special songs ("Ride Along, Sparks Nevada" and "If You Love Something, Never Set it Free") and this year they just opened with the Sparks theme (which was hilarious), did the first episode, did the second episode, sang "Riding the Galactic Trail" during the credits and were done. I mean, the episodes were *great* and very funny, but it wasn't as grand as last year's, and even shorter than a normal episode.

I know the Bens are CRAZY BUSY right now between taking over Thunderbolts, ECCC, the regular show, C2E2 last weekend and New York next week so I wasn't surprised they didn't have time to write a whole wraparound segment. Seeing the show and being at Largo was great enough in and of itself. :)

I think the only guest star was Bill Corbett, who wrote one of the episodes, and Glen David Gold was around, who wrote the other episode. I didn't mind, as I'm a huge MST3K fan so getting to see Bill Corbett was a pretty awesome. Oh, and Mark McConville was there, too.

After the show they did an autograph line, so I finally got my OGN autographed (I forgot to bring it to ECCC) and a Sparks poster I bought. I got a hug from Mark, and we got to talk to Hal and Marc a little after the show, and I also talked to both Bens for a little bit. There was a lot of history/backstory on a particular subject in one of the episodes and Acker told me he felt bad when they wrote a lot of history stuff because it creates a lot of work for us on the wiki. I told him not to worry, we *love* that stuff. :)

No regrets about going, but next time I go see the show it'll be for just a regular show. They also basically confirmed they're going to be at SDCC this year, (which, we now know is when they're going to re-perform the WTNV crossover episode) and probably NYCC in the fall. My friend and I are tentatively planning on going to NYCC since we have a lot of other friends on the East Coast.

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free
I know Andy Daly is busy with his new TV show on Comedy (Watch "Review", guys, it's hilarious), but I'd love to see him come back for a stint as Mercury...

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

Seconded, Review is amazing and if you haven't watched it yet, you need to do so like, immediately.

Marc Evan Jackson (NOT Sparks Nevada), Croach the Tracker (NOT Mark Gagliardi) and K of the Cosmos (NOT Paul F. Tompkins) are all on today's new Comedy Bang Bang! podcast episode. It's amazing. Even if you don't generally listen to Comedy Bang Bang! you should download and listen to it.

Plus, ya know, a new Beyond Belief on TAH, too!

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free
Oh my god you guys my wife got me the graphic novel for my birthday and

YOU

HAVE TO

READ IT.

I seriously laughed out loud all the way through the Sparks story, and had a mad grin on for Beyond Belief. The other stories are perfect, too! The only sad bit was that the Moonshine Holler story was also done as a podcast, so I'd heard it before. But it was still great seeing it done as a comic!

(Personal Note: I will kill for new Moonshine Holler episodes. They're my favourite of all of TAH.)

unl33t
Feb 21, 2004

JohnnyCanuck posted:

YOU

HAVE TO

READ IT.

I seriously laughed out loud all the way through the Sparks story, and had a mad grin on for Beyond Belief. The other stories are perfect, too! The only sad bit was that the Moonshine Holler story was also done as a podcast, so I'd heard it before. But it was still great seeing it done as a comic!

(Personal Note: I will kill for new Moonshine Holler episodes. They're my favourite of all of TAH.)

Here's where I admit my own stupidity: I just happened to read the graphic novel about a week after listening to that podcast, but it was only after hearing the story referenced in one of the roundtable discussion podcast episodes that it occurred to me that the story didn't just take place in a random Florida town, but was named after Shirley Jackson.

BTW, not sure if it's been mentioned in the thread before, but the graphic novel is also available on Comixology, if you're looking to keep your clutter down.

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free
Best line from the latest Captain Laserbeam?

"I have Awake Apnea!"

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

JohnnyCanuck posted:

YOU

HAVE TO

READ IT.

The OGN is incredible, if anyone doesn't own it yet you have no idea what you're missing. It's also nominated for an Eisner Award for best anthology this year. :D

Also, there actually IS a new Moonshine Holler episode. They've been doing it in various touring shows and once at Largo since last fall, but haven't released it on the podcast yet. Moonshine is my favorite middle segment so it's driving me crazy that I can't hear it. Not only is it Moonshine but (mild spoilers) It's all done in IAMBIC PENTAMETER. My friends who have seen it say it's absolutely amazing.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

JohnnyCanuck posted:

Best line from the latest Captain Laserbeam?

"I have Awake Apnea!"

Sorry, the actual best line is "Oh, are you still here? You usually disappear mid-sentence."

radlum
May 13, 2013
The latest Nerdist Podcast has Acker and Blacker as guests. It was really good; I had missed that the OGN was nominated for an Eisner; I'm now more eager to see my copy arrive. Also, they mentioned another crossover with WTN in San Diego.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul
Any other goons going to the NYC show? It'll be my first live performance, and only a couple months after I finished my marathon of the whole podcast backlog. :dance: I'm so excited!

• Locked thread