Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

"It's pretty bad, isn't it? I know it's pretty bad. Ever since I can remember..."
The April Fools thing is already sold out. I'm really curious to see if they end up adding second shows or not.

Oh and I know guys, lol tumblr, but there's some actual really cool fanart and stuff (and some not so great haha) coming out lately and a lot of news I don't post in here, so if you want to keep up with stuff going on, and a lot of it also doesn't make it to @thrillingadv, just look at fyeahthrillingadventurehour every few days or so. I'm not the only mod so sometimes crazy stuff gets posted, but just about any news of importance to any of the actors and stuff gets posted.

Also, no promises yet but once my travel and lodging plans get settled for March, we might try to do like a party or dinner or something one night. Ever since that one dude asked about "Thrillcon" at NYCC people have decided I'm supposed to organize that too. I doubt it'll be a con, but we might try to at least do a bigger-scale get together but plans so far are non-existent. But if you're going to be there in March, let me know and when plans actually form I'll keep you in the loop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KhyrosFinalCut
Dec 16, 2004

Get it?
Just re-listened to the September monologues episode of Night Vale with the Bell house live show in recent memory.

I don't think I will be able to be talked off my head cannon that Gummy is what happens when Steve Carlsberg gets thrown out of Night Vale for speaking forbidden truths.

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

"It's pretty bad, isn't it? I know it's pretty bad. Ever since I can remember..."
Yeah there's literally no tickets for sale right now.

Also I'm still in awe that we finally got a third (or fourth if you count the OGN) episode of Jefferson Reid. Craig losing it near the end was amazing.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The mid-episode ads were great, too.

"If you fall asleep for even a second, Nazis could kill you and your whole family" was great, and the fact that I was expecting it to lead into "WorkJuice Kid's Coffee" or something along those lines made it even better when the bit just stopped.

e: Why can I not buy a WorkJuice-brand Coffee mug?

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

There used to be a King of Coffee regular mug and travel mug but I think they're out of them. There's still probably some Bucatino Business mugs. There's also this mug, which I have one of.

At NYCC we were asked to try to push the Bucatino mugs hard as every time they shipped them for a con, or even just to someone from LA a bunch of them would break, so they were annoying for everyone to deal with. I'm kind of thinking cermaic mugs aren't something they're gonna deal with much in the future unless they hand that part of their merch off to someone else, but who knows.

Oh yeah we also had some WorkJuice coffee at the booth. I'm not sure if this was a new brand they were testing out since they're not doing the Paul Pape merchandise anymore or what. I'm not much of a coffee drinker so I didn't get any.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Playing the guns-readying sound effect again was inspired.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I think this is my favorite episode of Jefferson Reid.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

I just realized this show is too funny for me.

By that I mean I mostly listen to podcasts while commuting or at work and I can't laugh out loud in these situations. :mad:

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

RandomPauI posted:

I think this is my favorite episode of Jefferson Reid.

Not surprising given that

1) it's been ages since the last Jefferson Reid,
And
2) the quality of the 'middle segments,' has, across the board, been on just another level for about a year now. The introduction of Philip Fathom, transformed Captain Laserbeam from a formulaic pun factory to a really essential segment, Moonshine Holler has been firing on all cylinders, and Colonel Tick Tock finally found a consistent voice that doesn't feel like a set up for the theme song anymore. I'd've been disappointed if the return of Jeff Reid didn't reflect all that growth in the writing.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

"I elevated the Oakie" is a hilarious line but for the life of me I can't describe why.

Action Yak
Nov 9, 2008

Welp, looks like I should have just downloaded the eps because Podbay is down. Does this happen often or is this a weird thing?

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

Must have been a temporary thing because Podbay is working fine for me when I listened to stuff OMW home from work a little while ago. :)

They added a second Christmas show (Dec 6th) and tickets are still available! http://www.largo-la.com/event/713537-thrilling-adventure-hour-late-los-angeles/

Also, tomorrow the crossover with Wits (and if you don't listen to Wits you really should) that was recorded last week will be out. Search for the Wits podcast in whatever app you use. From what I heard, Paul and Paget stay in character as Frank and Sadie most of the show, and there's a full episode of Beyond Belief in it. Also, Weird Al Yankovic. Some friends who were at the show said it was every bit as awesome as being at a TAH show.

Also I totally agree with CaptainPsyko... both Tick-Tock and Laserbeam have gotten so much better in the last year or so of their episodes. Tick-Tock is still my least favorite middle segment but now that he has an actual voice and it's not just a vehicle for the theme song and for two actors to repeat lines at the same time it's way more enjoyable to me. And Laserbeam was getting kinda stale before Phillip Fathom showed up and now it's my second favorite middle segment.
That was definitely my favorite Jefferson Reid episode.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

When John Moe asked Sadie serve as the head of the local PTA and organise bake sales, or, die? I actually burst out laughing.

That said I really don't get the whole Workjuice song thing.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Sadie pronouncing the word "chimichanga" may be my new favorite thing. I also love how quick PFT was to redirect the question to her.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Why is Thrilling Adventure Hour going to stop live shows at the Largo?

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

Basically because the Bens are too busy to keep doing them right now. They're working on a series for Netflix (I think it's based off of Puss in Boots from Shrek, or something to do with some form of Puss in Boots?) And they're taking over writing the Flash Gordon series of comic books, AND they're working on the Beyond Belief pilot and if that gets picked up for series by someone it'll be a new full-time job. Plus there's the Sparks & BB comics coming out, AND they're working on the live action Sparks Nevada webseries for Nerdist, AND I think Nerdist wants them to write more content for them like Batman's Parents Aren't Dead that WJ people will star in. They're also still going to do some form of podcast content after the shows end. I believe they're still going to do conventions and have some live shows at those, too.

The podcast for the DCP benefit is out, which has Marc, Paget, Keegan Michael Key and a bunch of special guests. Paget reads various lists as Sadie and the third one had me cracking up at my desk at work yesterday so much I almost had to leave the room.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

I saw the show once again tonight. So great. Bradley Whitford and Jim O'Heir were there. Got a bunch of autographs. O'Heir, Mark Gagliardi, Josh Malina, Hal Lublin, Annie Savage, and PFT were super lovely, but Mark Evan Jackson might be the single nicest guy I've ever met. Like, holy poo poo he's pleasant and gracious.

I JUST missed Paget Brewster and Bradley Whitford at the autograph junket, but hopefully we'll see them again before the live show ends. Mark Evan Jackson made it sound like they're working hard on the Beyond Belief pilot though, so that's exciting. He also hinted that there might be a Sparks Nevada pilot in the works too!

Anyway, so great.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

The Marshall Station computer likes to write stories! About kissing!

Also it looks like Paget Brewster has joined the cast of Community, which I didn't even realize was still on.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Jet Jaguar posted:

The Marshall Station computer likes to write stories! About kissing!

Also it looks like Paget Brewster has joined the cast of Community, which I didn't even realize was still on.

NBC cancelled it, but then Yahoo picked it up as a web series, which makes me incredibly happy. I'm pleased Paget is part of the cast; I know she had a pretty small role in season 5, so I'm not sure how she's going to feature in a larger role, but I'm excited to see what the plan is.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
That's was something, kind of.

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

Yeah I was there for this one and honestly, halfway through the first show I gave up trying to figure out what was going on until paying more attention during the second show. The stage got real crowded there for awhile. And there really wasn't nearly enough Frank and Sadie. I really liked Autumn and Adam's characters though.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I liked it! Yeah, there was less Frank and Sadie, but I love weird metafiction stuff and Ronald Dahl. Especially when people don't realize how dark and kid-hate-y he was.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I liked it too, but I couldn't think of a better quote to appropriate for the post.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Annakie posted:

Yeah I was there for this one and honestly, halfway through the first show I gave up trying to figure out what was going on until paying more attention during the second show. The stage got real crowded there for awhile. And there really wasn't nearly enough Frank and Sadie. I really liked Autumn and Adam's characters though.

It was a bit like they tried to shove the whole of The Bloodsucker Proxy into a half-hour...it was a bit like the Largo version of The Bloodsucker Proxy they released.

I liked it, but coherence was not its strong point.

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

Yeah this was the late show version, too, so there's a bit of slurring going on. They were all pretty toasty by the time the second show hit. When Mark and Hal came out to read the credits at the end they stormed on stage pretending to have a screaming match for about ten seconds.

I'm hoping, but doubtful, we get the early show version of Moonshine Holler next week, because Hodgman dropped an F-bomb after flubbing a line. :v:

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Annakie posted:

Yeah this was the late show version, too, so there's a bit of slurring going on. They were all pretty toasty by the time the second show hit. When Mark and Hal came out to read the credits at the end they stormed on stage pretending to have a screaming match for about ten seconds.

I'm hoping, but doubtful, we get the early show version of Moonshine Holler next week, because Hodgman dropped an F-bomb after flubbing a line. :v:

It was such a good F-bomb too

tom bob-ombadil
Jan 1, 2012
I'm making my way through the podcast and my current favorites are Sparks Nevada and Captain Laserbeam.

I hope you assholes are happy that "Self high-five" has entered my vocabulary with accompanying gesture.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'll have an extra ticket to see the Christmas show. My sister can't make it after all. I'm torn between selling it or seeing what friend could go with on such relatively short notice.

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

A list of things you missed out on by not seeing yesterday's Sparks Nevada episode live, courtesy of my friend Shannon:

quote:

• Gags eating imaginary gelato the whole time
• The whoooooooooole loving time. Every moment. Holding that gelato cone.
• Marc adorably playing with the pleats in Janet’s skirt just before they linked fingers in the “we are holding haaands” bit
• The tender robot face caressing between Ben and Donal was short and sweet in the first show. And aggressively drawn out in the second.
• No seriously I need to impress upon you how much gelato space work was happening. Like every line Gags delivered was punctuated with a super self-satisfied lick of an imaginary giant gelato cone
• It was normal sized for the first show, but when he got the second cone in the second show, it was like 10 inches of gelato
• In the first show, Janet brushed Gags away in annoyance then accidentally touched his gelato and distractedly licked it off her finger
• In the second, he dripped a drop of it on his chest and she scraped it up with her index finger and he licked it off
• At the end of the first show, Marc and Janet’s kiss was just a quick peck. At the end of the second, it was drawn out for a few beats, then Marc slooooowly turned back to the mic with his eyes still dreamily closed, then delivered the last line.
• As everyone else was stepping backstage at the end of the second show, Gags bent down at the edge of the stage handed the rest of his gelato cone to an audience member in the front row. Who accepted it gracefully.

There's a part in the middle where you hear Ginny say something like "no thank you" and Mark says something like "your loss" and that was when Croach offered Ginny a lick of his cone, it was adorable. Also Croach waving hi to the baby and everyone cooing over her was great. There was even more visual stuff in this episode than usual.

Some pictures: One, two, three

I'm guessing next week we'll probably get the Moonshine from NYCC and after that, last year's Christmas show which I'm so excited for, knowing what it entails. Then we're probably looking at the month-long winter break. Nooooo....

Oh and the Daily Quirk is doing a week long special on TAH, yesterday they released this video from the NYC performance.

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.

Annakie posted:

A list of things you missed out on by not seeing yesterday's Sparks Nevada episode live, courtesy of my friend Shannon:

There's a part in the middle where you hear Ginny say something like "no thank you" and Mark says something like "your loss" and that was when Croach offered Ginny a lick of his cone, it was adorable. Also Croach waving hi to the baby and everyone cooing over her was great. There was even more visual stuff in this episode than usual.

Some pictures: One, two, three

I'm guessing next week we'll probably get the Moonshine from NYCC and after that, last year's Christmas show which I'm so excited for, knowing what it entails. Then we're probably looking at the month-long winter break. Nooooo....

Oh and the Daily Quirk is doing a week long special on TAH, yesterday they released this video from the NYC performance.

I caught the second show, and I could have watched Marc Gagliardi pretend to eat gelato all night. I also laughed so hard that I almost dropped my date's coat when Ben MecKenzie held Donal Logue's face for about a full minute.

I hope they use the late show recording of Moonshine Holler because I loved the extended adlibs about how much they thought one of the puns was terrible.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
It looks like I'll be going to the show solo unless someone wants to come along.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

The Action Man posted:

I caught the second show, and I could have watched Marc Gagliardi pretend to eat gelato all night. I also laughed so hard that I almost dropped my date's coat when Ben MecKenzie held Donal Logue's face for about a full minute.

I hope they use the late show recording of Moonshine Holler because I loved the extended adlibs about how much they thought one of the puns was terrible.

Counterpoint: the early Moonshine Holler had Hodgman's glorious f-Bomb.

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

RandomPauI posted:

It looks like I'll be going to the show solo unless someone wants to come along.

If you tweet about it and copy @thrillingadv someone will probably buy it, and they'll probably retweet it for you. I can ask a few friends if they have a ticket and might find someone who would want to buy it, also.

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.

CaptainPsyko posted:

Counterpoint: the early Moonshine Holler had Hodgman's glorious f-Bomb.

It's a non-swearing podcast, so I hope that means we get everyone taking turns making fun of bad puns.

Although, I would love to hear Hodgman's F bomb; I hope someone recorded it like Dick Cavett's moonwalk.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

The Action Man posted:

Although, I would love to hear Hodgman's F bomb; I hope someone recorded it like Dick Cavett's moonwalk.
He also had to be censored during (I think) his last Best Show appearance last year. He's been hanging out with some bad kids lately.

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Although I was too late to contribute to the kickstarter I'm following TAH on their facebook page and from what I can tell they had a fancy announcement which I'm totally spoiling here, the concert film has progressed to the point where they'll be sending out DVDs in 2015 to the lucky bastards who donated enough! I can't wait for it to be available publically.

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

Yeah Kickstarter backers got a link where they can stream the video for a brief period of time (I got in too late to be a backer so I'm not sure how long.) They'll get their videos first and then the rest of us should be able to buy them later.

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

We posted a "What's going on with TAH in 2015?" thing on FYTAH yesterday. This was run by Blacker before publishing and confirmed as all accurate. :)

Also, Paul AND Paget were on @midnight last night, here's the link to watch the full episode.

Annakie fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Jan 8, 2015

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

My wife got me last minute tickets to tonight's show as a belated Christmas present. I'm so glad she did. Jon freaking Hamm was there, my buddies. Also John Hodgman and Adam Savage. They didn't come out for autographs though because it was raining. I got to say hi to Craig Cackowski though and tell him that Dan Buccotino is my favorite sad clown. He said the Bens are having too much fun making GBS threads on the poor guy in their scripts.

Also Allie Ward of the Cooking Channel (and Slumber Party podcast) was in the audience, and my wife and I introduced ourselves afterwards. She's incredibly sweet.

Majorian fucked around with this message at 09:55 on Jan 11, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

I nearly spit coffee all over my monitor while listening to the latest Sparks Nevada episode.

Two West Wing alums. Of COURSE they're going to say, "Walk with me." And have a little musical stinger while doing so. (The extended theme song was pretty great, too.)

• Locked thread