Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Prozach posted:

I've basically remained ignorant of the draft this year, so for the most part I'm going into tonight blind. Why did I hear that a lot of teams were souring on Bridgewater though? Poor combine?

stupidity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Grozz Nuy posted:

Hoyer played three and a half games before getting hurt, it is still well within the realm of possibility that he in fact sucks hard.

He did play a lot better than anyone thought he would though.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
DRAFT DRAFT DRAFT

Blitz7x posted:

One of our teams is going to take him, that's a fact. It's Tebow all over again

I hope the Vikings pick him just so Gendo has an aneurysm.

In other news, this draft is loaded with talent and I'm psyched to the gills. Ted Thompson is gonna Thompson, but I'm liking where the Packers are sitting in this draft. Most of the guys I'm targeting won't make it to us, but at least one of the following will and it'll be awesome: Ebron, Mosley, Shazier, Clinton-Dix, Pryor, Barr, Ford, Nix, Marqise Lee, gently caress yeah, it's draft day.

Fake edit: Mallett probably isn't very good and Houston would be dumb to trade more than a fifth-round flier for him.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Grozz Nuy posted:

Hoyer played three and a half games before getting hurt, it is still well within the realm of possibility that he in fact sucks hard.

Hoyer had also shown significantly more than Mallett has shown

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Intruder posted:

But anyway, Mallett would also push Keenum out which would make me one sad fan

If we draft a QB as well, that could mean all of the QBs on the roster from last season are gone.

FWIW, I don't hate a trade for Mallett if it's for such a late pick.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

bhsman posted:

If we draft a QB as well, that could mean all of the QBs on the roster from last season are gone.

FWIW, I don't hate a trade for Mallett if it's for such a late pick.

Ack, true, just realized that Keenum's practice squad eligibility is gone

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Volkerball posted:

He did play a lot better than anyone thought he would though.

Intruder posted:

Hoyer had also shown significantly more than Mallett has shown

I don't disagree with either of these things (he certainly played better than I expected him to, at least) I just feel it is important to make a sample size caveat there.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

JFF put up with loving Texas A&M, a college he despised, for 3 years, he'll stick it out with Jacksonville if drafted

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Bridgewater had a bad day in shorts and no defense / pressure / anything in his face on his pro day so basically everyone thinks he sucks...

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

draft mike evans AND his mom

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

89 posted:

Brandon Cooks keeps getting mocked to the Eagles at 22. Which is cool and all, but I just don't see that happening. He's basically DeSean Jackson v. 2.0, which is a good thing. But I just don't believe the Eagles are gonna get rid of DeSean and replace him with such a similar player. I'm thinking they just want a big reciever and DeSean is not the direction they are wanting to go.

Amongst everything else with him.

Please pass on Cooks. Please.

/chiefs

Andio
May 10, 2004

Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind
Withering my intuition leaving opportunities behind
The interviews on NFL Network at the moment, with prospects and their families, are extremely painful to watch.

Prozach
Oct 30, 2013

When God invented Lycra, he was thinking about Divas matches.

A Man and his dog posted:

Bridgewater had a bad day in shorts and no defense / pressure / anything in his face on his pro day so basically everyone thinks he sucks...

That sounds really dumb. So it wasn't because someone suddenly discovered a missing talent in Bortles that shot him up the board? Just a somewhat subpar pro day?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Hoyer threw for 205 ypg and a 6.4 YPA, he's bad and cleveland browns fans don't really know what 'good' is anymore, after years of terrible qb play

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

BlindSite posted:

Didn't people speculate that Hoyer would suck hard too? Mallett might be nothing but there is an argument to made for bringing him in for a 6th considering the fate of most 6th round picks it's not a massive investment.

Nobody ever actually traded for Hoyer though. A 6th is usually nothing much but it's still something, and trading for a 1 year rental of a total unknown QB isn't exactly the greatest idea in the world.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Alouicious posted:

JFF put up with loving Texas A&M, a college he despised

Citation needed. This is important as embracing TAMU is a big knock on his draft stock for me.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Prozach posted:

That sounds really dumb. So it wasn't because someone suddenly discovered a missing talent in Bortles that shot him up the board? Just a somewhat subpar pro day?

Bortles was already shooting up the board by the time pro day came around because of his size and arm

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Dexo posted:

stupidity.

Bridgewater is suffering from being over analysed, that and a poor pro day where he chose to throw without a glove for some inexplicable reason. Most of that I think is more analysts being retards than teams actually giving a poo poo. Most teams focus on game film more than they do combine or pro days.

Its one of those things either the scuttlebutt is because of media hype and they're confirming their own bullshit, or teams actually aren't high on him. I guess we find out today/tomorrow.

fan of the browns
Apr 6, 2012

my enemy...
the enemy of every human who has ever lived...
this is the life-force that watches over the Dinosaurs.
My Dad thinks the Browns should draft AJ McCarron. I have severed all ties.

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

Andio posted:

The interviews on NFL Network at the moment, with prospects and their families, are extremely painful to watch.

the interview with mike evans and his mom was amazing

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Also if Mallett was good the Patriots either would have traded him in past years or traded Brady because they don't have tenure there

Mallett and Cousins are only schrodingers cat if you didn't watch the pet store put this lovely, lovely bad cat into the box first

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe

MonsterWalk posted:

To be fair he came out very well in my analysis *with numbers*, maybe your dad is smarter than you think.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?

kiimo posted:

Please pass on Cooks. Please.

/chiefs

Everyone seems to think Chiefs are taking Lee or Cooks. As someone who doesn't watch college football, who is the best? I just want a good reciever now. Bowe is definitely on the downslide and will probably be out of the league in 3-4 years while Avery is worthless if it's not a crossing route with guys safely 10 yards away.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

MonsterWalk posted:

I have only one question, and it's very important:

What round does he think they need to draft him in?

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Volkerball posted:

Citation needed. This is important as embracing TAMU is a big knock on his draft stock for me.

IIRC he tweeted about not being able to wait until he could leave College Station.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Quest For Glory II posted:

Hoyer threw for 205 ypg and a 6.4 YPA, he's bad and cleveland browns fans don't really know what 'good' is anymore, after years of terrible qb play

Oh that's lovely, you added in the game he got hurt and only had 4 attempts to his ypg. He had a great game against the Bengals.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich

MonsterWalk posted:

Your dad probably thinks that because he knows his GF is smoking loving hot

*I'd watch the reality show. :munch:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The Puppy Bowl posted:

No, it should be good. We just aren't likely to take 24 first/second round prospects that I fallen in love with over the past few months.

As long as Michael Sam is drafted by somebody, and we get at least one TFF meltdown from a pick or trade, this weekend's a success in my book. Sometimes you gotta keep expectations low.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

bhsman posted:

IIRC he tweeted about not being able to wait until he could leave College Station.

To be fair, most Aggies can't wait to leave College Station.

fan of the browns
Apr 6, 2012

my enemy...
the enemy of every human who has ever lived...
this is the life-force that watches over the Dinosaurs.

Rasczak posted:

I have only one question, and it's very important:

What round does he think they need to draft him in?

Round two.

bewbies posted:

To be fair he came out very well in my analysis *with numbers*, maybe your dad is smarter than you think.

"Numbers don't matter when you just win games!"-Direct quote form MonsterDad

Pead
May 31, 2001
Nap Ghost
Clowney is awesome and I am glad he's enjoying himself so much tonight

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
Mary Kay's got the scoops!!!

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Pead posted:

Clowney is awesome and I am glad he's enjoying himself so much tonight

Same.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Doltos' probation is fair but still pretty cruel. Anyway we could get an early pardon? It's Draftmas after all.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Chromatic posted:

Everyone seems to think Chiefs are taking Lee or Cooks. As someone who doesn't watch college football, who is the best? I just want a good reciever now. Bowe is definitely on the downslide and will probably be out of the league in 3-4 years while Avery is worthless if it's not a crossing route with guys safely 10 yards away.

They're both good and they'd both be steals for the Chiefs. My opinion is that Cooks has better big-play homerun in him as well as less injury history but I'd be happy with Lee or Odell Beckham too.

Weird that at 23 I'm like ten times more excited about the possibilities than I was with the overall number one pick last year.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Ahahaha that interviewer is a dick. "It's mothers day weekend! What do you have planned for your mom and grandma?" Dude gently caress you, now I gotta think of something.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Quest For Glory II posted:

you are like the polar opposite of daltos where all you do is look at hard stats and numbers yet are still completely unreasonable about everything

Cart Mountain
Nov 1, 2004

Please let a team I don't like pick Tom Savage in the 1st. Please. Thank You.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Cart Mountain posted:

Please let a team I don't like pick Tom Savage in the 1st. Please. Thank You.

I'm so loving excited.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I'm not getting all the JFF and Tebow comparisons when the former is actually a pretty good QB

• Locked thread