Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Maybe this is the year Mayhew finally uses a 1st-round pick on the secondary? Nah.

If the OLB group looks good though I wouldn't mind Detroit picking one of them up, I know they had to promote a special teams guy to fill one of the outside spots this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

GobiasIndustries posted:

I'm curious about what Lions fans are looking at for the draft at this point. In my (still young) experience, I would think priorities would go LBs/Secondary, OLine (we're doing well this year but traditionally this has been...poor), WR depth, RB, DLine. About accurate?

After LB and secondary I agree that Detroit can probably go BPA. They're not lacking terribly in any position in my eyes, but there are spots opening up soon that should be shored up before they become a problem (replacement for when Raiola retires, another WR2 to sacrifice, etc.). I don't know who they'd pick in round 1 but another D-lineman wouldn't surprise me; Mayhew loves his linemen and a big strength of Detroit's defense is how often they rotate guys in and out of that line to keep them fresh.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Nov 14, 2013

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
From division lead to top 10 draft pick in two weeks, gross.

The bad part is that I have no idea who I'd want Detroit to draft, outside the old standby of "gently caress our secondary is terrible". Has Darqueze Dennard's stock risen at all since the OP was written? My dad is a big Michigan State homer and really wants him, and I could see him filling Mayhew's "2nd round skill position player who flames out after two years" draft criterion quite well if his injury history is that big of a question mark.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Clowney officially declared for the draft after SC's bowl game, if there was any doubt.

• Locked thread