Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

It won't be surprising at all but I'm gonna be sad as heck when Brock Jensen doesn't get drafted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Am I missing some kind of running gag when people say Manziel is like 175-180 lbs because he's listed at 210.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Declan MacManus posted:

You can list him at whatever you want, he looks very very tiny out there.

Like a taller Doug Flutie.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I realize he wasn't exactly a lottery pick quality player, but there are worse people to compared to than Doug Flutie.

It wasn't an insult. :v:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

wandler20 posted:

Jordan Lynch is a fraud and FSU exposed him in the Orange Bowl.

I honestly can't loving tell what this post is

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

wandler20 posted:

He talked all that poo poo before the Orange Bowl about how he was going to wear FSU out and how FSU hadn't seen anything like him and he delivered this piece of poo poo:

gently caress Jordan Lynch forever.

You still used the words "fraud" and "exposed" unironically when referring to college football so I'm pretty sure you're a massive tool

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Let me tell you all why Chuckie Keeton is going to light the NFL on fire in 2 years.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

You're all forgetting about the best quarterback name, Chuckie Keeton.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

What are the general thoughts on Rakeem Cato being an NFL prospect, if there are any at all? The NFL needs a name like Rakeem Cato among its quarterbacks, they're nowhere near as high-level as they could be.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I have a personal bias for Chuckie Keeton but Kolton Browning is pretty fantastic too. His name is practically two guns, for Gods sake!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Gendo posted:

An egomaniac rear end in a top hat who helps promote dangerous new age nonsense and can't stop sticking his nose where it isn't welcome? Sounds about right.

Coming soon to a health store near you: Manziel's Jaeger Diet

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

That's a Winner's Brow right there

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Does anyone watch enough Ivy League football to have any info on Jeff Mathews? That OptimumScouting guy was pretty drat high on him, from those tweets.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

bhsman posted:

Houston Texans owner Bob McNair, during an interview, was asked about his alum's star player, Jadeveon Clowney:

:dong:

:gizz:

Now you can have someone throw interceptions at twice the ball velocity!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Toymachine posted:

There is a fairly large dropoff after Bridgewater, Manziel and Bortles though.

David Fales will take the NFL by storm

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Coldforge posted:

This, but seriously.

I am never ironic in my assessment of college quarterbacks

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Jeff Mathews is going to take the Jets to a Super Bowl

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

They're going to draft Manziel as the first modern Player/Coach in the NFL

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Grozz Nuy posted:

The Niners did this last year with Marquies Gray before he was poached off their practice squad by the Browns. Granted, it was as a UDFA and not a late round pick, but the Niners clearly don't take their QB depth particularly seriously anyway and they have a billion late round picks so I wouldn't be surprised to see them take a shot, especially if Kap plays hardball with his contract negotiations.

Are you saying the 9ers aren't taking McLeod Bethel-Thompson seriously as their third string QB, while hogging him to themselves and not letting his majesty spread to other teams?

You bastards.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Chuckie Keeton is the best QB name, a hard C/K in both names, "Keeton'd" has potential as a verb, and I would not think twice about seeing "Charles Keeton" in the sign-in book of a country club.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Garoppolo Show startin

e: he certainly has the requisite handsomeness to be an all-star quarterback (certain notable exceptions withstanding)

Alaois fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Jan 25, 2014

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Grozz Nuy posted:

The Steelers don't trade in the first round, they just let dumber teams in front of them make bad picks.

For some reason I remember them taking Limas Sweed in the first round but no they were not that stupid, they just took him in the second.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Plus he stole another guy's nickname which is just lame as poo poo

You are literally the only person I've ever seen bring this up and you do it every time Greg Hardy is mentioned and I have never once heard Cam Wake referred to as the Kraken so please loving stop

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

AAA DOLFAN posted:

It's entirely tongue in cheek you loving baby so lol

Edit : And just because you aren't aware of something or haven't heard of something doesn't really mean anything, sport. A simple google search would show you articles from 2011 where Wake is called kraken. It got brought up in a pre game thing before Miami played Carolina.

I'm pretty sure fiz and I talked about it back when it was new. I remember Carolina fans coming into a dolphins forum making pretty good jokes like "when Greg hardy's kraken farts it creates a Wake" and stuff like that. It's a fun little thing.

But again lol

sorry I was pissed off at something else last night and made a dumb post without thinking about it

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Goetta you must be a real blast at parties man

And alouicious no worries we all have that happen. Hope whatever it was is cool now

Yeah everything good now, sorry I lost it on ya :buddy:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

The Puppy Bowl posted:

The immortal Nolan Nawrocki.

On a scale of 1-10, how disingenuous is Teddy Bridgewater's smile

e: poo poo

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Volkerball posted:

to be fair, college football sucks.

college football is the best sport in america and if you can't root for the North Texas Mean Green or the Bowling Green Falcons or whoever the gently caress you want you can get out of my country

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

college football is where you can be "an athlete who plays quarterback" and be the most beautiful graceful motherfucker on a field full of goober-rear end dudes and clown on them for 60 minutes and nobody can say poo poo about anything

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Intruder posted:

College football is fun to watch because the presence of inferior athletes makes all kinds of crazy poo poo possible

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxW2mL8BbOA

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

you can also go hog wild and cheer for random rear end FCS teams and realize 4 years early that Drew Reed from Lafayette is going to set the NFL on fire

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Detroit_Dogg posted:

This is a pretty cool draft to need a quarterback in my opinion.

Some team is gonna draft Jeff Mathews in the 6th or something and they're gonna be pretty happy in about 2 or 3 years when their starter and 2nd string gets hurt

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Volkerball posted:

Also :laffo: at Larry, Curly, and Moe in the middle tripping over each other. Totally a real life defense. Frankly, I'm more concerned about Manziels Schiavo-esque predisposition to finding his way into situations where he will get brain damage than I am impressed by "it." I'm sure the field will be really slow for him when his brain is leaking out his ear after attempting some bullshit that Patrick Willis sniffs out. I agree he has talent, but whether or not he can play at an NFL level is far from the only concern about him.

jesus christ its like some of you guys get off on imagining johnny football getting hurt

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

but really though, has there ever actually been a "good" quarterback

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Bear Boy posted:

Elaborate

ever?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

the "good quarterback" is a myth perpetrated by Big Offense, a quarterback has never won a superbowl or saved a man from a burning building, now here's my 14 page thesis on why with the first pick of the draft we need to take a strong safety

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Declan MacManus posted:

A lot of you guys hate running QBs

I don't get you guys

this is seriously what I see 99% of the time anyone talks about mobile quarterbacks here, how they're all gonna get murdered the second they leave the pocket because uh, I guess it happened to Colt McCoy (who got James Harrison'd) and Pat White (who got destroyed in a freak hit)?

Did people freak out about Steve Young or such in the 90s?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Trindon Holliday's dot looks so lonely :smith:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Yeah in this class Mett is considered to have the strongest arm, followed by Bort I guess

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

but really if you want a quarterback just wait a year and take Chuckie Keeton in the 3rd or whenever he ends up going because no one pays attention to Utah State

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Sataere posted:

So I just discovered that Garoppolo graduated from the same high school as me. I now declare him the greatest quarterback in this draft. Also, the handsomest.

He was already the handsomest before you found that out

what

• Locked thread