Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Davzz posted:

I would go for that if not for the fact that I know shipping would kill me (going by the Ryuutama kickstarter anyway).

So I dunno, I hope there's some kind of tier that's just PDF + notes, or maybe translated version + notes?

Yeah. The ideal for me would also be book/PDF and TL notes, without the originals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

aldantefax posted:

"Bee" is probably a translation error or a pun that hasn't been revealed yet from the kanji/fluff text combo (Worker Bee, Busy Bee, etc). The original engrish text comes from the original design team sometimes not having an appropriate phrase or misunderstanding so they end up with something that doesn't make a lot of sense at face value; same thing with "Drone" (we might go with a Dragon Quest reference there of "Lazybones").

I have a feeling that worker bee is what they are thinking of when they say bee, as in one of a group that does some mundane task. Though I make this assumption purely because it's used in almost the same way as in the series Letter Bee, so I am not confident in this assertion.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Yeah. I would only think about literally translating it like that if I also inserted in a Sunlight Yellow Overdrive joke. And even then...

• Locked thread