Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Howdy thread,

A buddy of mine made a short documentary that recently won a Heartland Emmy. He just recently made it public, and I felt CD would enjoy it. I told him I was going to post it here and share any comments about the film with him.

My buddy Jay posted:

Hello,
This is Jay Sheldon and Jason Gwynn, Co-Directors of the Emmy Award Winning short documentary Going Dark: The Final Days of Film Projection. We wanted to invite you to watch our 15 minute movie about the death of 35mm film projection here: https://vimeo.com/101235645

This short doc was shot back in October of 2012 over the course of a month at Penn Square Mall in Oklahoma City, OK. This has been a passion project from the beginning for Jason and I. We are so thankful for the time we were able to spend up in the projection booth learning about the process during the making of this film. While we are grateful for the cost effective options the digital format has provided us as filmmakers, we have a deep appreciation for 35mm.

As kids, we looked forward to a weekend at the local theater, not simply watching movies, but also experiencing them. There is a certain magical quality about watching a film in a movie theater. While a large screen created the magic for some, for others it was the flickering light from the projection booth. For us, and many others with whom we have spoken, it was the sound of film running through the projector as a movie settled on a quiet moment. As theaters are forced to convert from film to digital projection, the movie going experience is changing.

For most, the conversion will come and go unnoticed. For the film projectionists who have spent years in dark projection booths splicing reels and threading projectors, it’s a difficult end to an era as film projection is slowly disappearing from theaters around the world. We want to share their story and process with the millions of movie-goers who might not recognize why this is such a significant moment in time.

We hope you enjoy the film! Please let us know what you think, and we'll be happy to answer any questions you may have. We're excited to finally have the film online for anyone to watch. We appreciate any help you can give to get the word out!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

StuntKid posted:

Finally, we've released our first trailer for THE WOUNDED!

We pushed our 1 minute trailer out for the Cinecoup contest, where we have a chance of winning $1m to shoot our film and a guaranteed theatrical release here in Canada.

"This modern dramatic thriller is about an Afghan father who comes to North America seeking revenge on the soldier who accidentally killed his child. But will revenge satisfy his hunger for justice? Can the soldier turn off the kill switch inside him in order to save himself and ultimately his family?"

If you like the trailer, please do sign up (its quick!), rate our video, follow us, and share!. Being the sole producer at this time I really don't have a great social media impact at this time, so I will take any help I can get.

http://www.thewoundedmovie.com

This looks pretty cool. I will have to check it out once it's released. The shot over the two cars as they circle'd each other was really well done.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Yo rattle, produce my script plz. Kthx

• Locked thread