Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
As some of you might know, I am producing a film called TIGER HOUSE - there is a dedicated thread for it, but I thought I'd draw your attention to it here (with mod approval!)

We did consider using kickstarter or similar, but didn't think that we'd really be able to raise much for a first-time director. We were also concerned that the cast and their agents might have thought that we were cheapening the film/them to a degree. That will not be the case in many kickstarter projects, especially with unknown cast members.

The teaser that the director did for the film, before I came on board, can be found here if you'd like to get a sense of what the film is about :
http://www.tomdaley.co.uk/?page_id=118

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

rabbitroom posted:

I just signed up for an account to confirm everything Transistor Rhythm said above; I'm also running that Kickstarter and working on the film. Glad to discuss or answer any questions about it!

I'd like to PM or email you with some questions and comments on financing and distribution.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

DeathTongue posted:

Financing and distribution, the how's and where's, could easily have its own thread :) We'd like to graduate to doing features, but getting money to do them and knowing where and to whom to sell them afterwards is beyond us.

It does: the Film Business thread! My Tiger House thread also goes into some detail on it, but that is project-specific.

Transistor Rhythm posted:

Thanks! I guess this is as good a time as any to upgrade so I can do PM's. I have a ton of ambitious ideas for the audio because I worship at the altar of people like Alan Splet, and I'm a recording and mix engineer by trade.

PM me when you do. I've got some distribution ideas.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
Ukyst szxy [first ztis the lady y[yy[y[yyy[[ykgrbevev

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
Rhythm tti:irt]o]

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
God dammit, not sure how that happened. Suspect the boy, as Gon Smithe did too. Sorry! That said, I'm not sure how he managed to type a few word properly, like "lady" and "Rhythm". He can ony just write his own name. Hmmm... suspicious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

glam rock hamhock posted:

Do you have autocorrect on?

Not on my laptop, no. I suppose he could have done it on my phone, the little scamp.

Raxivace posted:

Maybe he's been possessed by a spirit from another world.

Perhaps you should consult an exorcist.

This is a much more likely scenario and advisable course of action. Do you have any recommendations?

• Locked thread