Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StuntKid
Dec 10, 2003
Hey film folks!
This is my first short film I shot early 2012 here in Vancouver, BC. It did the festival circuit and won an award from the CANADA INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL. I would love for you folks to sit back, crack a beer and give it a shot. Please, share the link, post on Facebook, I could use any exposure as it is going live and public for the first time today.

I have a couple exciting projects in the works and I can't wait to share them with you. For now, please enjoy.
Feel free to ask me any questions or critique the film. It is not a perfect film, as it was my first, but I learnt a lot and would love to share more about it with you. I work in the film industry here in Vancouver, BC and am lucky to have a job that allows me to fund these projects, hoping for a big break one day.

"The comforts of home are sacred, sweet and beloved. Mark had all of that... a beautiful wife, an angelic daughter, a purpose. His role was simple: To provide and protect. There was just one problem. Mark never learned how to stand up for himself. He lacked self-confidence and avoided confrontation for his entire life. For the most part, his fears went unnoticed and he was able to cloak his nervousness, until the day that everything around him changed. Mark finds himself in the middle of a very dark and terrifying predicament and is left with only one choice. He can stand up and fight, or lay down and die."

Shot in Vancouver BC with lots of local talent and professional industry crew such as the Director of Photography, Peter Wilke (2012, Rise of the Planet of the Apes, A-Team). It won a CANADA INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL Royal Reel Award, and was an Official Selection for New Orleans Horror Film Festival, Midnight Black Festival of Darkness and London Best Shorts. Shot on the Panavision Genesis camera, the film oozes production value and ends with a very satisfying finale.

PLEASE WATCH IN HD AND FULLSCREEN
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3oYQBivk1o
[/quote]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StuntKid
Dec 10, 2003
Finally, we've released our first trailer for THE WOUNDED!

We pushed our 1 minute trailer out for the Cinecoup contest, where we have a chance of winning $1m to shoot our film and a guaranteed theatrical release here in Canada.

"This modern dramatic thriller is about an Afghan father who comes to North America seeking revenge on the soldier who accidentally killed his child. But will revenge satisfy his hunger for justice? Can the soldier turn off the kill switch inside him in order to save himself and ultimately his family?"

If you like the trailer, please do sign up (its quick!), rate our video, follow us, and share!. Being the sole producer at this time I really don't have a great social media impact at this time, so I will take any help I can get.

http://www.thewoundedmovie.com

StuntKid
Dec 10, 2003

MacheteZombie posted:

This looks pretty cool. I will have to check it out once it's released. The shot over the two cars as they circle'd each other was really well done.

Thanks, we barely pulled it off, that was literally the only properly timed footage out of 3 takes we had. Hard to get the camera pointing perfectly down at 0 degrees, so you'd find as you rotated it would barrel roll slightly. :P

Unfortunately we've only shot a trailer, that contest is to try and get us some exposure, and maybe a cool million. Feel free to register, follow, and rate. :)

StuntKid
Dec 10, 2003
Just thought I'd post my new Director's Demo Reel (Action) up here. Featuring local Vancouver stunt talent from shows like Arrow, The Flash, Warcraft, The Revenant, Star Trek: Beyond, and pretty much any major feature that's come to town. As an indie director, I'm constantly trying to push the boundaries of what we can achieve on a lower budget, I think we got some pretty neat stuff here. Thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4rAUXQoEB0

• Locked thread