Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

Crossposted/paraphrased from the Gen Chat thread:

As some other CineDers know, I'm active in the Chicago theatre community (so yes, this isn't strictly a film Kickstarter), and am currently directing a new work for a small storefront space in the Wicker Park area called Ephebophilia. This used to be under the blanket of the theatre company I was a member of, but after a failed attempt to oust a hostile, unstable artistic director with litigious parents, the company was forced to dissolve after we'd already cast actors and hired designers, as well as reserved the space. To that end, we're producing it independently and doing our best to cover expenditures by crowdsourcing the money. As per goon demand (and mod approval), here's the link to the Indiegogo page!

It's the giving season, and any little thing will help - the play is absolutely happening, but this will allow a half-dozen poor twentysomethings to not go into massive debt in the process. Anything you could give would help, and one perk even allows you to pick the movie and guest on Alcohollywood!

quote:

Ephebophilia follows a young couple, Imogen and Jackson, who are on the verge of losing their home in the midst of the 2008 housing crisis. In a desperate attempt to save their house from foreclosure, they decide to find, lure and extort money from unsuspecting sexual predators. Along the way, young Imogen, torn between her real and online identities, searches for the truth in her own relationships. The script for Ephebophilia was a finalist in On the Brink Productions Search For the Next Great (Young) American Playwright, and was a finalist in Quiet Productions New Works Festival.

Ephebophilia is a fascinating new work that blurs the lines between reality and fantasy, as scenes wander seamlessly between the real world and the cold, alienating world of the Internet. Playing with themes of identity, truth and the influence of media on our lives, the characters of the play all search for ways to reconcile who they are with what they can do - a Lolita for the digital age.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

Hey everybody!

I know it's been awhile since I've posted on here, but my film review/mixology podcast Alcohollywood has finally launched a Patreon 250 episodes in, with a bevy of perks (merch, bonus content, cocktail recipe cards, etc.) and a number of ways to contribute. We've grown quite a bit in the last five years, snagging bigger film critics as guests (Nathan Rabin, Keith Phipps, John Campea) and we're hoping to keep our upward trajectory going. Please take a look and contribute/give feedback/spread the word as you like.

• Locked thread