Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

boom boom boom fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Oct 5, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Which one?

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

attackbunny
May 1, 2009

Izumida's a filthy liar.

Honestly, though, I'd be rolling my eyes like crazy right now if it wasn't for that line. If you're going to have the characters take twenty minutes to travel four hundred metres, the only way to do it is to while the most bizarre character available monologues about how the race will be over within moments.

Dan7el
Dec 7, 2008

At least it didn't take more than three episodes to go the few hundred meters. Also, Frank and Andy are still the best. I wonder which place they took those. Did Frank or Andy come in fourth or fifth? Do they each get medals?

The old team captain was pretty sharp. Plus, does nothing shake up their coach?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

attackbunny posted:

Izumida's a filthy liar.

Honestly, though, I'd be rolling my eyes like crazy right now if it wasn't for that line. If you're going to have the characters take twenty minutes to travel four hundred metres, the only way to do it is to while the most bizarre character available monologues about how the race will be over within moments.

Welcome to sports manga. Would you like to see how they do Basketball?

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Abs abs abs abs abs!

This show is wonderful. Is the end of the season coming up, or are they going straight into more episodes?

genki
Nov 12, 2003
I just really liked the post credit scene.

! indeed.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Mo_Steel posted:

Abs abs abs abs abs!

This show is wonderful. Is the end of the season coming up, or are they going straight into more episodes?

No idea how long it will run but they have confirmed at least 38 episodes. Which is good, I'd hate for it to go on break when they're finally in the Inter High!

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

drat, that post credits scene was just as good as this episode.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

RIP abs

attackbunny
May 1, 2009

Anyway, all that all those other cyclists are going to see is a yellow blur screaming the Love-Hime theme song. It's going to be incredible.

attackbunny fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Apr 8, 2014

Oh Snapalope
Aug 17, 2009
This show convinced me to stop my bulk and start cutting for the summer.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Oh Snapalope posted:

This show convinced me to stop my bulk and start cutting for the summer.

What did you name your abs?

Oh Snapalope
Aug 17, 2009

pandaK posted:

What did you name your abs?

DK.BurNIng

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Oh come on, this is Onoda's first official race against the top talent in his age group. There was absolutely no need to artificially raise the stakes like this.

I guess it could end up working well but shounen stuff pulling the same old tricks like this when it isn't even kind of necessary gets real drat tiresome.

Godsword
Oct 25, 2006

Watch street tough maverick with nothing to lose

boom boom boom posted:

Oh no, Onoda! :ohdear:

I have no doubt that he'll kick it into psychotic Love Hina overdrive, like every other time he's been down

Seriously such a good series. The inter high race will be thirty episodes I'm sure. Is there a regular update schedule?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Goddamn this episode!

I was serious anticipating Onoda's climb to reach the rest of the team this episode. Instead we have a build up.

Next episode needs to come sooner!

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
New ep up! That was a thing of beauty.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

attackbunny
May 1, 2009
I watch all Midousuji's scenes with this uncontrollable rictus frozen on my face and I don't know if it's from joy or uncomprehending horror.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Midousuji calling someone else gross is pretty rich.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
The sound effects alone in his scenes, I mean christ what is wrong with this dude?

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
You know he's evil because the shonen spirit BURNS HIM

Dan7el
Dec 7, 2008

He's like a giant spider. Plus, he eats bugs. That alone is proof positive he's evil and creepy. There's nothing creepier than a bug eater on a bike.

I was just surprised at how quickly Onoda brushed off the creep factor, regained his focus, and blasted past the creep. Although, it was kind of funny. Onoda's like, "I should be bothered by this guy, right? Naaah." (pedals faster). Massive build up for little effect, I think. I hope there is more destruction caused by this creep later on or I'll be disappointed.

I miss Frank and Andy....

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
This weeks episode is up! It was perfect. I mean, they stretched way longer than should work and it was stupid as hell, but god it was really just about the perfect combination of rival love and hate. It was funny and gay and basically the best.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe
This may very well be the most shounen loving show I've ever seen. I love it. :allears: I assume Midousuji is going to show up in this next stretch of battles, and I can't wait.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.
They mentioned going for the finish line in this episode - that's just the goal line for this day of the race, right? It's a multi-day race? How's that going to work, is it like qualifying for a starting position for the next day of the race? Or do they just add up the times, and you could actually finish first on the final day but still lose the race because you were too slow on previous legs?

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Yeah, I'm guessing that's how it'll work.

I'm guessing Midousuji is just going to focus on staying ahead of the pack while letting the leaders exhaust themselves, and then he'll pour on the gas on the last day.

Dan7el
Dec 7, 2008

As long as Frank and Andy are in the running, I'm good. You had to know the green-haired climber wouldn't win this segment. If he did, then it would be 2-0 our hero's school over the "bad guys" school. There would be no dramatic tension, and we'd want to watch something else next week.

The post-credits scene was pretty funny too.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
This episode was stupid even by Yowapeda standards and I love it.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
No Bepsi, Cole.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

attackbunny
May 1, 2009
I think Midosuji's making a tactical error here. He'll show up unexpectedly behind Kinjou and Fuku, and they'll both scream hysterically and spontaneously increase their cadence by 300 rpm.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

boom boom boom fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Oct 5, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
That's how the shonen usually goes yeah.

• Locked thread