Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
I'm finding that the anime is a bit too slow-paced to hold my attention. Have any of you guys checked out the manga? I find that the manga is much better paced. And while the character art is kind of wonky-looking, you can really feel the :ssj: HOT BLOOD :kamina: when the scratchy action lines start to kick in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

The latest episode had a bit after the credits that wasn't in the manga (actually I think all of them did). I think it's hilarious how Onoda is getting Imaizumi into Love Hime, even though he doesn't really get it. :allears:

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Oh my god, haha, they actually released the "Love Hime" theme as a single!

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Dessel posted:

Does it include a karaoke version of it?

Sadly no, it doesn't have Onoda singing off-key and loudly, which was the best part in the anime, so it's actually pretty horrible!

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

That guy is great.

Abs! Abs! Abs abs abs ABS ABS!!!

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

You could try Eyeshield 21. It's got a great sense of "rushing forward" and a feeling of teamwork like in One Piece. The blood isn't quite as hot, but it's a lot of fun, and the art is fantastic!

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

paragon1 posted:

There's somethin' wrong with that boy.

What, do you have something against mixed race half-human half-chameleons? Are you some kind of racist? :colbert:

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

As a person who seems to be into pro-cycling, what do you think of the anime (and possibly the manga if you've read it) so far? Are they accurate? Any inconsistencies?

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Looks like Volume 16 was just translated. FRIENDSHIP. And they were nice enough to translate the author's notes this time, so that's cool -- you can see the "Making of" Yowapeda! Originally it seems that the main character was supposed to be a girl, I think it'd have been cool to see that too.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Attention, fellow biking comrades!

May this song give you strength -- the strength it takes to climb every hill and race down every slope!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TbGLHo18hs

-- by the way, next time Zorak does an ADTRW Karaoke singathon we should totally suggest this! :neckbeard:

EDIT: Of course, it isn't quite the same without Onoda singing enthusiastically and off-key.

DrSunshine fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Jun 18, 2014

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

paragon1 posted:

Some day in the future , a kid goon is going to say, "My dad said this anime was pretty good so I think we should watch it."

That will be a very weird day.

Fixed that for you. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Yowamushi Pedal GRANDE ROAD- Frank and Andy's Comeback Tour

:quagmire:

• Locked thread