Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

DrSunshine posted:

I'm finding that the anime is a bit too slow-paced to hold my attention. Have any of you guys checked out the manga? I find that the manga is much better paced. And while the character art is kind of wonky-looking, you can really feel the :ssj: HOT BLOOD :kamina: when the scratchy action lines start to kick in.

Yeah, I was kind of disappointed in how slow the speed they showed them cycling in. Come on it's shounen, no need to restrict it to realism! Give us some speed action, not this piddly barely moving stream that we're getting right now!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

I resent your accusations that such bonds forged through pure shonen burning spirits could be anything besides transcending the concepts of homogay into something even greater.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Midousuji is the best character

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Unhappy Meal posted:

I always dig Japan's whole possession aesthetic. Way cooler than pea soup head spinning.

I don't understand this sequence of words. What?

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

drat, that post credits scene was just as good as this episode.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Oh Snapalope posted:

This show convinced me to stop my bulk and start cutting for the summer.

What did you name your abs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

OnimaruXLR posted:

From a structural standpoint with the way bike racing works, it makes sense for there to be another threat other than the ~DESTINED RIVALS~ team. And generally speaking with these kinda stories you have the guy you don't mind competing with, and then you have the guys who are just intensely unpleasant in a variety of ways.

So I like Midousuji's function in the story. Plus he's pretty entertaining. That being said, I kind of wish this was one of those sports manga where he'd get his rear end kicked for pulling that kind of poo poo, but Sohoku is too full of honorable sportsmen and huge nerds for that to happen.

He's already doomed to failure, he's going into the third day with only four riders and no significant lead.

• Locked thread