Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

My best pose facing the morning sun!
Aw, when you said gay, I got excited and thought you'd reached this part:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

glomkettle posted:

I probably won't be starting any new series until all the current shows I'm watching end, but does anyone have any recommendations for sports anime with a similar feel to Yowapeda? It's the first sports show I've really watched and I'm frankly pretty shocked that I'm enjoying it as much as I am.

Slam Dunk is the most classic of classics in the shounen sports genre. Can't go wrong with it, really. Manga is better (and continues further) than the anime, though.

For racing anime in particular, Initial D is top dog. Quite possibly the most addictive show ever made. Hideous art, but you get used to it (even the 3D CG!), and the soundtrack is awesome enough to offset it anyway.

For a quirky variation on the sports theme, my favourite is Hikaru no Go. You'd think an anime about a two-player board game would be stuffy and dull, but this is an exquisitely balanced work of true art. Countless are the people who watched this show and felt compelled to start playing the game.

Major, the baseball anime, is probably the best of the rest. Helps that it's completed, unlike Ippo, which is seemingly never-ending even after crossing the 100 volume line.

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

Looks like a 2nd season is coming in October, so the break won't be too long.

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

They haven't done his backstory in the anime yet? He's one of my favourite characters.

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjzqI3RBBQo

Pretty well made.

• Locked thread