Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rukus
Mar 13, 2007

Hmph.
Just upgraded from 28/1 to 150/10.

Costs $85 a month, which includes unlimited bandwidth if you volunteer to have your connection throttled to 15mbit from 8pm-12am, which is enough for a few Netflix streams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rukus
Mar 13, 2007

Hmph.

SpartanIV posted:

Now you might be thinking I live on the edge of civilization or in a rural area, right? Nope! I'm in loving Carrollton, Texas. Right next to Dallas, and with dense city and suburbs in at least 50 miles in every direction. The apartments across the street can get loving FIOS, but somehow this place I am now contractually obligated to live at or lose $1,000 is on an island of digital isolation.

Befriend someone across the street, install two of these in bridge mode, and avoid lovely ISP all together?

Rukus
Mar 13, 2007

Hmph.

Switched back to Rogers (250u package) from Teksavvy. Here's hoping that the CRTC adjusts the rates to allow TPIA providers to offer these sorts of speeds in the future.

Rukus
Mar 13, 2007

Hmph.
The modem is a Hitron CGN3ACSMR in bridge mode, and the router is an Edgerouter Lite. You could try putting your gateway into bridge mode and see if that improves it.

• Locked thread