Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jack the Lad
Jan 20, 2009

Feed the Pubs

Long shot, but any UK goons have an opinion on the best FTTC ISP?

I'm with fast.co.uk at the moment, (on ~6Mb/s 21CN ADSL) and they're honestly pretty great support-wise, but their 100GB FTTC package is a 12-month £51.05/mo contract plus £101.99 setup and you have to get your own router.

I'm considering AAISP, who are also highly rated and do 100GB FTTC on a 6-month contract for £40/mo with a £1 setup and a free router. Which seems pretty great honestly and I'm wondering if I've missed something in the small print.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack the Lad
Jan 20, 2009

Feed the Pubs

Caged posted:

This will probably sound like blasphemy but I've been with BT since Infinity launched and I haven't had a single issue. £26 a month for 80/20 (line rental is on top of that like with everything). They have a reputation of terrible support but I haven't had to deal with it, just ordered online and it got installed.

If you want a separate FTTC modem instead of an all-in-one box then just ask the Openreach guy when he comes to swap your faceplate over and he will give you one off the van.

Yeah, I've heard okay things about Infinity generally. We have 'business' Infinity at work and it's mostly been great, (apart from them literally cutting us off in the middle of the business day on two occasions because of an unpaid invoice.. that in both cases wasn't due for like 2 weeks, which they sheepishly acknowledged before switching us back on when I called them) but I seriously cannot handle ever dealing with BT support again if I'm not being paid to.

• Locked thread