Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
Good enough for Netflix. v:shobon:v

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

BurgerQuest posted:

I was getting worried I'd have the worst results! Phew.

Up until a few months ago I just had a 3Mbit line too! :downs:

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
ISP tripled my downlink speed for no reason:

Not terrible for ~$50/month (would be $35 but I"m lazy and am renting the modem).

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Panty Saluter posted:

Not that the ISPs are blameless but a lot of the complaints come from a vocal minority. Bear in mind that a lot of them don't know how the hell it works either, and will complain their internet is slow when three people are trying to watch videos simultaneously on a 2/1 SUPER BUDGET XXTREEM internet connection because they refuse to pay more than the absolute minimum. :smithicide:

And at the other extreme, you have people who desperately want a gigabit down even though it's only useful if you have five simultaneous 4k Netflix streams going on.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
I was running into my internet cap. The ISP charges me $10 for 50GB if I go over. I look up the rates, and I can upgrade to the next tier of internet (100 Mbit) for an extra $10/month, and it comes with an extra 100GB of cap space. I have now doubled my internet, and all it took was pressing a button and having the modem reboot automatically.

The future is cool.

Oh and speed test results because that's a thing:

• Locked thread