Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

:smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

TLove posted:

I know of several people in Orlando that use Clear as their ISP and tweak the gently caress out of their little 4g hotspot giving them a solid 40mb/s.

Please elaborate if you can, my parents use Clear and would loving love if I could improve their internet speeds to anything above the measly 2 Mb/s up they have now.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

EkardNT posted:

Let's see what $40 a month gets you in sunny Orange County, shall we?

I can't even imagine what it might be like to have 10+ Mb/s rates. I bet you guys can watch Netflix and play online at the same time, can't you?

EDIT: Just saw my grade. Not an F... :gbsmith:

I used to have internet like that at home. Except it was shared by 5 people. And the ping was about 80 for a server a mile away.

Why is US/Canada internet so lovely?

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

It may not look abysmal but it also randomly drops multiple times a day, requiring modem/router resets :suicide:

Farecoal fucked around with this message at 03:39 on May 11, 2014

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

SpartanIV posted:

I'm going to look into clearwire. How is latency? One of my uses would be playing video games so things like satellite aren't viable for me.

Awful, and Clearwire cuts out a lot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go
Hi I just want to say gently caress you to all you goons with speeds better than 10 mbs and reliable connections. gently caress you AT&T :(

• Locked thread