Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hiyoshi
Jun 27, 2003

The jig is up!

Paco de Suave posted:

Not bad for a small island in the middle of the Pacific. That's what I keep telling myself anyways. I miss mainland internet speeds sometimes though.

What kind of speeds/ping do you get to mainland speed test servers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hiyoshi
Jun 27, 2003

The jig is up!

revmoo posted:

Just configured Unbound for DNS caching on my local network. Holy poo poo! Highly recommended!

What do you use for your router? pfsense?

Hiyoshi
Jun 27, 2003

The jig is up!

Plan Z posted:

Would it even be possible to just call up a cable company and say "I want a cable modem for myself in this house that has already has a DSL line, even if it's for one device?"

Yes, that's no problem at all.

Hiyoshi
Jun 27, 2003

The jig is up!

Plan Z posted:

So, the Xfinity guy actually did a great job of setting up a new wire. It's amazing to me that I can now watch streaming 1080p while downloading a 40MB steam game in under 30 minutes.

I'm amazed that you got them out for an install so quickly.

• Locked thread