Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DrDork
Dec 29, 2003
commanding officer of the Army of Dorkness

Erwin posted:

Last week their website was indicating that it would be $90/month extra to upgrade from 150mb/s to the new gigabit service even though that's the total cost for new customers. Online chat said the same thing and said I could try canceling my account and opening a new one, to which I released a string of expletives at them.

Today I logged in and was presented an offer to upgrade for $20/mo so I took it :shrug:

Verizon's pricing structure for gigabit has been a hilarious list of confusion and fuckups. I had a chat rep tell me no less than 4 completely different prices within 15 minutes.

It does look that--once they figure their crap out--$90/mo is the "normal" price for naked gigabit for existing customers. If you've got someone else you can register service under (roommate, spouse, etc.) you can probably get the new customer deal. Just remember that most FIOS packages came with a 2-yr agreement, so you might get hit with an ETF if you cancel. That said, it's probably worth it--for me, with 11 months left on a 2-yr contract, the ETF is only about $85, so well worth the switch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrDork
Dec 29, 2003
What are you downloading at nearly 100MB/s :raise:

DrDork
Dec 29, 2003

Lprsti99 posted:

drat son, I'm getting gigabit for $105 a month. I'm so sorry.

$75 for gigabit + phone + ok TV. Sometimes Verizon isn't terrible :shrug:

DrDork
Dec 29, 2003

Ihmemies posted:

What were they thinking?!

They will never remove our software if doing so caused all their drives to become unusable!

• Locked thread