Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Fudo will pull ahead of Shoha when you are getting buffs, even without aftermath.

Shoha has lost its edge since SoA came out.

E: :siren:Attention unbathed Goons!:siren:

Saturday afternoon or evening I'm going to be doing a cleave to farm up crests for BC's. As long as there are 6 people, I'm going to cleave.

LiquidFriend fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Nov 12, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cirosan
Jan 3, 2012

Took the plunge and re-subbed - Stockholm Syndrome is the best way to put it. Been fooling around for a few days and all the improvements to the game have made it way more fun than before.

I'm on Quetzalcoatl, character name Cirosan. Would it be possible to get a linkpearl?

Cirosan fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Nov 12, 2013

Herewaard
Jun 20, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
There are usually a few people that can pearl you on during NA primetime. Most of us are aware of your post and will try to keep an eye out.

G Prestige
Jul 11, 2008

What do you want me to say?
Hopefully there's a plan to reduce the amount of servers in the near future... would definitely make everything feel more alive.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

LiquidFriend posted:

Saturday afternoon or evening I'm going to be doing a cleave to farm up crests for BC's. As long as there are 6 people, I'm going to cleave.

2 questions: Do you need a RDM for Phalanx 2? And can I leech with my alt char?

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur
Anyone want to do a Yorcia skirmish this saturday?

Gruknor fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Nov 13, 2013

Male of the Century
Jan 7, 2004

PISH-POSH!
Ugh, where the heck do you get a Hoe from? I'm trying to google it but it doesn't seem to exist.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Male of the Century posted:

Ugh, where the heck do you get a Hoe from? I'm trying to google it but it doesn't seem to exist.

Moogles probably, maybe the Harvest event? That ended November 1st. I have no idea, I found Hoe on bgwiki but no other site seems to have info on it.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007
The hoe is at the end of the mog garden quest line.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007
What the poo poo's going down!?

http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/November_2013_Version_Update_Changes

New update recently brings a series of -1 weapons, one for each weaponclass/job.

edit-
Ope, i'm a dumbass. These weapons are the new ones used for skipping ahead in the WOE weapons for the Empyrian weaponskills.

frodnonnag fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Nov 16, 2013

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur
I bought an Atinian Staff then went to do a kamihr drifts wkr, I get a Bagil Staff. Something I wanted, but I looked at it's stats and I think Atinian is better, unless I am using Elemental Seal or need some -enmity.

Gruknor fucked around with this message at 09:28 on Nov 16, 2013

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Transfered over to Quetz, in as Hachiiiiii (six i's).

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

And he was talking 'fore I knew it, and as he grew he'd say "I'm gonna be like you, dad" "You know I'm gonna be like you".
I've said it before, but I love how casual this game has gotten. It's great being able to play for a couple hours a night and always feel like you've accomplished something. I won't miss the days of spending hours doing sky every night to some day have a shot at getting one piece of gear. Anyone who says the game was better back then is a massive sperg and they can go to hell. :colbert:

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

So I'm starting to catch up on SoA as much as I can while solo, have almost all ilvl 109 bayld gear, and I'm wondering where do I go from here? Skirmish I/II seem like they'd be fun, but seeing as how Skirmish II is Content Level 114, I don't think I'd be able to do much in there, given how I can go on a Hurkan shout and missmissmissmissmissmissmissmiss the simple trash mobs. Delve's an idea but I'm equally unsure that I'll be able to do anything in there either.

I play MNK, DNC, and would like to tool around more on my SCH, so I'll probably get gear for them next. I also like playing COR but I have no idea what's up with the job anymore and pretty much never shoot bullets because I'm cheap/poor, though I've seen groups shout for CORs that have Requiesat, which is odd to me, but hey I have that too.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Eight-Six posted:

So I'm starting to catch up on SoA as much as I can while solo, have almost all ilvl 109 bayld gear, and I'm wondering where do I go from here? Skirmish I/II seem like they'd be fun, but seeing as how Skirmish II is Content Level 114, I don't think I'd be able to do much in there, given how I can go on a Hurkan shout and missmissmissmissmissmissmissmiss the simple trash mobs. Delve's an idea but I'm equally unsure that I'll be able to do anything in there either.

I play MNK, DNC, and would like to tool around more on my SCH, so I'll probably get gear for them next. I also like playing COR but I have no idea what's up with the job anymore and pretty much never shoot bullets because I'm cheap/poor, though I've seen groups shout for CORs that have Requiesat, which is odd to me, but hey I have that too.

Don't worry about the difficulty of content. The only challenge currently is fracture boss runs. You should be able to easily participate in skirmish or wildskeeper rieves.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Possibly. But me getting about a 1 out of 4 hit rate during a WKR is actually a thing that happened, so I was wondering if I was doing it wrong or if I was missing something. Admittedly, I wasn't in a party and getting buffs, but I imagine a lot of people who showed up when they thought they were going to get a quick win weren't either.

Herewaard
Jun 20, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
Are you using new weapons with the giant +weaponskill mods? Those essentially bring your skill level up to what it would be if your character level were the level of the gear you are wearing. That makes a pretty big difference when trying to hit the higher level stuff.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Majumbo posted:

Are you using new weapons with the giant +weaponskill mods? Those essentially bring your skill level up to what it would be if your character level were the level of the gear you are wearing. That makes a pretty big difference when trying to hit the higher level stuff.

Using the Camraderie Knuckles at the moment, yeah. I figured that was also part of the equation, and while doing WKR and Skirmish and whatever else I should probably be a good player and pick up sushi while I'm at it.

Herewaard
Jun 20, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
And if you didn't know, current WKR strategy for most jobs is to just beat up on the trash mobs to cap your contribution. You get way more bayld doing that instead of hitting the Naakul. I pretty much just go THF/DNC and SA-feint and a weaponskill on the boss then go back to trash to heal and TP up. And I am selfish and make sure to never tank any trash so there is like no risk of dying. It's cheesy and a bad system but that's the way it is right now.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007
AoE spells and Saboteur:
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/37854-New-1-hours?p=479717#post479717

Currently the effect of Saboteur is not applied to AoE based spells and when using spells such as Sleepga, the increased effect duration is only applied to the initial target. However, we will be making adjustments so this effect is extended to AoE spells. At the current time unfortunately I cannot make any promises of a specific implementation time period, but once we hear developments on this we will be sure to let you know.

Voidcluster adjustments:
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/38274-Voidwatch-prerequisite-for-unlocking-weapon-skills-troubles?p=479718#post479718
Greetings,

We understand that there have been comments about the quest to unlock Empyrean/Walk of Echoes weapon skills being a bit difficult, especially for people who have never really participated in Voidwatch.

While content difficulty differs from person to person, we’d like to open this content up to players that have done it before, are in the midst of doing it, and those who have not yet tried. We are aiming to reduce the cost of Void Clusters from 100,000 gil to 20,000 gil in the December version update, and will also be removing the limit on how many can be purchased each week.

However, testing is required right up to the December version update, and currently we cannot guarantee implementation during that update. We apologize about this and appreciate your understanding.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/36878-So-uh-how-s-the-storage-situation-progressing?p=479720#post479720

Bumping this thread to share some information about a storage inquiry and future storage plans.
[[Make it possible to store job specific mantles with the Porter Moogle!]]
The items that can be stored with the Porter Moogle are determined by a constant rule, and this is because there are limitations to the Porter Moogle system itself.
The job specific mantles that were added this past July fall outside of this rule. However, this does not mean that we will never change this in the future, but for now we will be keeping this policy in place.

On a side note, we are planning to make it possible to store the reforged artifact equipment with Porter Moogle system.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

LiquidFriend posted:

Fudo will pull ahead of Shoha when you are getting buffs, even without aftermath.

Shoha has lost its edge since SoA came out.

E: :siren:Attention unbathed Goons!:siren:

I waited for you last saturday and nothing happened. You broke my heart, good sir.

Maybe someday we could do a goon filled NNI run, or maybe a goon skirmish? I still need some skirmish armor. I would also like to get a Thaumas Coat and the rest of the Phorcys pieces(body,legs,hands).

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

I'd be all over a Skirmish group or NNI! MNK, DNC are my most geared, I also have WAR, SCH, RDM at 99.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Gruknor posted:

I waited for you last saturday and nothing happened. You broke my heart, good sir.

Maybe someday we could do a goon filled NNI run, or maybe a goon skirmish? I still need some skirmish armor. I would also like to get a Thaumas Coat and the rest of the Phorcys pieces(body,legs,hands).

I got on early evening and nobody was really on :shobon:

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

LiquidFriend posted:

I got on early evening and nobody was really on :shobon:

Oh well, maybe some other time.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

I chanced upon some extra crysta and felt like firing this up to see how long I can stand it (or get sucked in??? who knows) and made a new catgirl named Misandry

So far I killed one Mandragora and got 320 xp then died of poison. The more things change, the more they stay the same~

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Boten Anna posted:

I chanced upon some extra crysta and felt like firing this up to see how long I can stand it (or get sucked in??? who knows) and made a new catgirl named Misandry

So far I killed one Mandragora and got 320 xp then died of poison. The more things change, the more they stay the same~

Best part was I was right there skilling up healing magic on my mule. I typed out //poisona Misandry and right as I hit enter, you died. I laughed for a good minute.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007
So Something is going down soon.
http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff11/detail/11227/detail.html

from what BG is talking about, they're giving away some old 75 content gear.

Free item if you were subscribed for certain dates as a thank you. Most notable items include Ridill, Nightfall, Nocturnes Gear. Choice of 50k CP-type or guild points. 50 seals (including SKC). 3 Rem's tales.

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/118737-Dev-Tracker-Discussion?p=5959579&viewfull=1#post5959579

Herewaard
Jun 20, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
That was fun <Skirmish> last night! We should do more. Also I would like to get the Dagger from Cirdas sometime soon so may need some hands willing to do a few runs of that. I will give away all the other weapons and the ghastly stones that drop for me to the people that want them.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

frodnonnag posted:

So Something is going down soon.
http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff11/detail/11227/detail.html

from what BG is talking about, they're giving away some old 75 content gear.

Free item if you were subscribed for certain dates as a thank you. Most notable items include Ridill, Nightfall, Nocturnes Gear. Choice of 50k CP-type or guild points. 50 seals (including SKC). 3 Rem's tales.

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/118737-Dev-Tracker-Discussion?p=5959579&viewfull=1#post5959579

English translation here. If the only dates you need be subscribed are between October 1st and November 30th, I'm going to laugh as I pick up a Byakko's Haidate just to toss it for funsies.

Majumbo posted:

That was fun <Skirmish> last night! We should do more. Also I would like to get the Dagger from Cirdas sometime soon so may need some hands willing to do a few runs of that. I will give away all the other weapons and the ghastly stones that drop for me to the people that want them.

It totally was fun and I am down for Cirdas/Rala Skirmish, however I am greedy and want fists/dagger/sword/non-SMN staff. Shouldn't take that long regardless with tier 3s.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Eight-Six posted:

English translation here. If the only dates you need be subscribed are between October 1st and November 30th, I'm going to laugh as I pick up a Byakko's Haidate just to toss it for funsies.

It totally was fun and I am down for Cirdas/Rala Skirmish, however I am greedy and want fists/dagger/sword/non-SMN staff. Shouldn't take that long regardless with tier 3s.

I am looking for the polearm and great sword. Other than that, everything on my runs would be FL.

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

If you have a problem Yo, I'll solve it

Gruknor posted:

I am looking for the polearm and great sword. Other than that, everything on my runs would be FL.

How easy is it to get bayld? Would it be worth it to get the 50k bayld and update to gear quick over say, genbu's shield or some other toy I've always wanted to have? I could get the 99 high end club and robe for my RDM with that.

Also, are there still leveling/merit parties going on and easy to get into? I think I'm stuck at level 92 or something.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Paladine_PSoT posted:

How easy is it to get bayld? Would it be worth it to get the 50k bayld and update to gear quick over say, genbu's shield or some other toy I've always wanted to have? I could get the 99 high end club and robe for my RDM with that.

Also, are there still leveling/merit parties going on and easy to get into? I think I'm stuck at level 92 or something.

Bayld is obscenely easy to get so long as you can make it to Yorcia Weald, as then you can do bayld farm parties in Skirmish and get about 30,000 with less than 15 minutes work, 20 if the party has to buy and assemble full pop sets (~15k-18k gil at bare minimum). The trick is that getting to Yorcia Weald requires Watercrafting (easy) and Climbing (hard if reives are up), but once you have that all you need is Sneak/Invis.

keep it down up there!
Jun 22, 2006

How's it goin' eh?

Yeah the Skirmish runs were a lot of fun. I got so much great gear for just a nights worth of work. MNK and PLD are now capped out on it :D

I'm always down for more, it's gonna be great for leveling alts. Maybe I'll even get my BLM up to par with it. Or I can gear RDM some.

Weapon wise I also need the Polearm as a stop gap till I get something real, so I'm down for those too! Katana would be swell too for the odd times I use NIN.

That login campaign is pretty well timed for those of us that returned! Maybe I should get my WHM mule going this weekend too so she can get an item.

Capital Letdown
Oct 5, 2006
i still cant fix red text avs someone tell me the bbcode for that im an admin and dont know this lmao
So has anyone looked into dual wielding the skill+ weapons? I've got an ilevel 106 and 105 dagger, and was looking at the skills for them.

If I equip either in main or off hand, they don't raise the dagger skill in the combat screen menu at all. The parrying skill however, does get raised, but only by whatever is in the mainhand.

Has anyone on like bg or ffxiah or anything done testing about it?

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

A.G.Pennypacker posted:

So has anyone looked into dual wielding the skill+ weapons? I've got an ilevel 106 and 105 dagger, and was looking at the skills for them.

If I equip either in main or off hand, they don't raise the dagger skill in the combat screen menu at all. The parrying skill however, does get raised, but only by whatever is in the mainhand.

Has anyone on like bg or ffxiah or anything done testing about it?

The calculation for combat skills plus are done via server side for some goofy rear end reason. You're getting the bonus (it'll show on the parrying skill +) though.

Anyone up for Tuesday night skirmish? Looking to get the skirmish dagger from Cirdas for MH.

Systematic System
Jun 17, 2012
The reason, supposedly, the attack from the combat doesn't show up, is that the skill bonus is applied to the hand that the weapon is on only. Its easy to see if you equip a delve boss weapon, and a pre-SoA weapon, and go and hit 95% of the time on a Yorcia reive mob with your main-hand, while your off-hand is at 50% accuracy or similar. Presumably parrying is shown properly, since there isn't a mechanic for parrying with one hand and not the other.

Systematic System fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Nov 26, 2013

Herewaard
Jun 20, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

LiquidFriend posted:

The calculation for combat skills plus are done via server side for some goofy rear end reason. You're getting the bonus (it'll show on the parrying skill +) though.

Anyone up for Tuesday night skirmish? Looking to get the skirmish dagger from Cirdas for MH.

I think I will be around this evening to do some more. It was super easy with the 6 of us last night and we finished way under the allotted time. I am sure it could easily be done with 3 DD and a healer.

Capital Letdown
Oct 5, 2006
i still cant fix red text avs someone tell me the bbcode for that im an admin and dont know this lmao
That makes sense, but I guess now I'm wondering if the offhand gets the bonuses at all, since the parrying increase from the offhand dagger doesn't show up?

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

And he was talking 'fore I knew it, and as he grew he'd say "I'm gonna be like you, dad" "You know I'm gonna be like you".

LiquidFriend posted:

I'm up for it. I also need the ki from yorcia to +1 my dagger so I'd be up for that as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Systematic System
Jun 17, 2012

A.G.Pennypacker posted:

That makes sense, but I guess now I'm wondering if the offhand gets the bonuses at all, since the parrying increase from the offhand dagger doesn't show up?

Off-hand gets the attack/accuracy bonuses, but good luck testing parrying, since we still aren't entirely sure what say, one point of parrying does, let alone 100+.