Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GreaseMonkey
Jun 19, 2001

Selim Sivad posted:

Came back the other night because... Well, because... Actually, I have no idea why, but I'm back regardless. Any goons other than frodnon, jadey or gorral I can get a pearl from? Haven't seen any of them for the last few nights.

In game name: Odjenar

Hey I'm in game right now in bastok you wanna meet up? I'm a newb and completely confused.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jalisr
Dec 11, 2011
I bought this game and made a new character on Quetzalcoatl as well, in as Jalis and currently in Windurst.

Couldn't figure out who to contact as I don't know anyone's in-game name and you apparently can't search for people's linkshells. If anyone could contact me or tell me who to contact, I'd appreciate it.

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

If you have a problem Yo, I'll solve it

Jalisr posted:

I bought this game and made a new character on Quetzalcoatl as well, in as Jalis and currently in Windurst.

Couldn't figure out who to contact as I don't know anyone's in-game name and you apparently can't search for people's linkshells. If anyone could contact me or tell me who to contact, I'd appreciate it.

Look for Frodnon, jamiemaddox, beautiful, jewbacca, anyone with a green linkpearl left of their name. If you check them it will show the "Get Out" linkshell name.

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

And he was talking 'fore I knew it, and as he grew he'd say "I'm gonna be like you, dad" "You know I'm gonna be like you".
Make sure you type /sea all name, otherwise it just searches in your area. Rudya and Rukuka also have pearl sack iirc.

GreaseMonkey
Jun 19, 2001
Thank you to "Beautiful" for hooking me up with a linkpearl and some starting supplies. Now to grind myself until I'm at a character and skill level where I can assist the greater goon community.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

GreaseMonkey posted:

Thank you to "Beautiful" for hooking me up with a linkpearl and some starting supplies. Now to grind myself until I'm at a character and skill level where I can assist the greater goon community.

You and any other goon that is new or coming back to ffxi, feel free to ask any and all questions. Sometimes we might just tell you to look it up on the wiki or bgwiki. We are not being mean, but sometimes that really is the best place to look. I also recommend you do Records of Eminence and Trust magic(at least get Kupipi, Naji, Exenmille). Records of Eminence is a great way to level and get some gear/weapons. Trust magic is basically a quest to get summonable NPCs that help you fight, you can have up to three at a time.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Gruknor posted:

You and any other goon that is new or coming back to ffxi, feel free to ask any and all questions. Sometimes we might just tell you to look it up on the wiki or bgwiki. We are not being mean, but sometimes that really is the best place to look. I also recommend you do Records of Eminence and Trust magic(at least get Kupipi, Naji, Exenmille). Records of Eminence is a great way to level and get some gear/weapons. Trust magic is basically a quest to get summonable NPCs that help you fight, you can have up to three at a time.

Seriously, get them all for RoE. Especially the new four as they're timed (As far as i know) and only require their expansion's points to get. be it campaign points, imperial standing, cruor or whatever the gently caress WOTG uses.

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

frodnonnag posted:

Seriously, get them all for RoE. Especially the new four as they're timed (As far as i know) and only require their expansion's points to get. be it campaign points, imperial standing, cruor or whatever the gently caress WOTG uses.

And they're ultra cheap, too. 1k campaign points, 2k imp standing, 2k cruor, not sure on the wotg one because I've only incidentally been in the wotg areas so I need to get in there and explore

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

frodnonnag posted:

You are right. A neat trick that Rukuka taught me, is to release any npc low on mp, then resummon. When it comes back, it will be at full mp.

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

Gruknor posted:

You are right. A neat trick that Rukuka taught me, is to release any npc low on mp, then resummon. When it comes back, it will be at full mp.

How do you release? /release <name>?

Systematic System
Jun 17, 2012
Target the NPC, and it should be the bottom option on the mini-menu.

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

And he was talking 'fore I knew it, and as he grew he'd say "I'm gonna be like you, dad" "You know I'm gonna be like you".
Rolling with Kupipi(whm), Mihli(whm) and Joachim(brd) is pretty awesome for skilling up and doing reives. I wish joachim would give double marches, or at least minuet but he only seems to ever give me madrigal/march or paeons if hp is low.

Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?
Show me which you'll choose!
So how ridiculous is Zeid, and should I regret not having gotten him until they undoubtedly bring his cipher back in another login campaign? I keep feeling like I'm just too far behind the curve now, so I haven't logged in at all. :smith:

Herewaard
Jun 20, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Shaezerus posted:

So how ridiculous is Zeid, and should I regret not having gotten him until they undoubtedly bring his cipher back in another login campaign? I keep feeling like I'm just too far behind the curve now, so I haven't logged in at all. :smith:

I think the verdict on Zeid is he is not that good for DPS because he is a DRK and spends too much time casting.

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

Majumbo posted:

I think the verdict on Zeid is he is not that good for DPS because he is a DRK and spends too much time casting.

Nothing like an ilvl party member spamming tier-3 nukes instead of weaponskilling with his greatsword.

Cool Blue Reason
Jan 7, 2010

by Lowtax

Shaezerus posted:

He isn't very good from my experience.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Cool Blue Reason posted:

He isn't very good from my experience.

Ayame is just as good if not better than Zeid, she has not done any skillchains yet but does more consistent damage than Zeid. Zeid is a drk so he spends most of his time /wrist instead of doing dps.

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

Gruknor posted:

Ayame is just as good if not better than Zeid, she has not done any skillchains yet but does more consistent damage than Zeid. Zeid is a drk so he spends most of his time /wrist instead of doing dps.

I skillchain quite a bit with Ayame and Naji, it depends on who they're paired with.

G Prestige
Jul 11, 2008

What do you want me to say?
Using the in-game Windower Parser, it seems the mithra and Tenzen do some of the best damage. Then again, I haven't unlocked the black mages yet, but MP is already annoying with Kupipi so I'm not sure how efficient they would be.

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

G Prestige posted:

but MP is already annoying with Kupipi so I'm not sure how efficient they would be.

unsummon/resummon to refill MP

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Paladine_PSoT posted:

I skillchain quite a bit with Ayame and Naji, it depends on who they're paired with.

That makes sense, I only had Ayame paired with Zeid. Who wants to skillchain with a stinky galkan drk?

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

Gruknor posted:

That makes sense, I only had Ayame paired with Zeid. Who wants to skillchain with a stinky galkan drk?

I wonder if Shantotto will burst off of an NPC skillchain

edit: or Zeid :/

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Next dumb login event starts in 3 days.

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/campaign/11th/login07.html

As expected, Temenos limbus items this time around for the 100 category. New items are WoE weapon currency, Goblin Stew 880 (no idea what this poo poo is), Cipher: Lion and mannequin parts this time around.

Fridurmus
Nov 2, 2009

:black101: Break a leg! :black101:

LiquidFriend posted:

Goblin Stew 880 (no idea what this poo poo is)

Not that I'm currently playing, but the page says you can trade it in instead of four gobbiebag upgrade items.

Still need the fame, though :v:

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Chocolate Donuts posted:

Not that I'm currently playing, but the page says you can trade it in instead of four gobbiebag upgrade items.

Guess I should of read further in. That's really helpful as some of the items are ridiculously expensive.

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

Sweet, I hope this drives the price of WoE currency down enough that I can actually afford to make a weapon.

keep it down up there!
Jun 22, 2006

How's it goin' eh?

Yeah that will be nice. I really want to get CDC but the cost right now just isn't justified for how little I fight fodder content on PLD.

G Prestige
Jul 11, 2008

Chocolate Donuts posted:

I was able to get up to 70 inventory spaces on my new character without doing any quests to build fame. After that, I think you need to build fame though. This might be an old change, but it's news to me.

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

G Prestige posted:

I was able to get up to 70 inventory spaces on my new character without doing any quests to build fame. After that, I think you need to build fame though. This might be an old change, but it's news to me.

Each quest has a different Jeuno fame requirement. Some might be the same, but it usually increases by 1 fame rank per quest. The current gobbiebag limit is 80. So you would have to have done some quests to get fame. I doubt they changed that without telling anyone.

Herewaard
Jun 20, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
Eh they might have stealth changed it as part of the quality of life improvements since trading a million millioncorn to a man that is in love with his chocobo only fits the loosest definition of "quest"

Gruknor
Feb 23, 2011

Fart Sniffer Connoisseur

Majumbo posted:

Eh they might have stealth changed it as part of the quality of life improvements since trading a million millioncorn to a man that is in love with his chocobo only fits the loosest definition of "quest"

Braw wirk, lad.

RazeChildren
Apr 27, 2003
Hi, I am not dead.
Pearl me up.

Kisses and Hugs,
Ganache

keep it down up there!
Jun 22, 2006

How's it goin' eh?

Welcome back! I knew you couldn't stay away.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007
So starting tonight at 730 est, and every other night (even dates!) I'm gonna be herding pubbies for adl farming, so if you want in to make easy money or get really cheap marrows, let me know

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
Starting tonight Silver and I are going to be doing nightly/semi-nightly runs of either Einherjar or Nyzul (for tokens, but if we have some spark-geared players we can do Neo-Nyzul as well) around 7:30 PM Eastern. Einherjar I just need 3 people that have entrance access (ToAU mission... 17, I think? Right after you kill the Khim) to make a full party of 6 to run a tier 3 zone. Nyzul may require a little more of your attention!

The real Puppetmaster Vanity Mythic push begins now.

Paladine_PSoT
Jan 2, 2010

CubsWoo posted:

Starting tonight Silver and I are going to be doing nightly/semi-nightly runs of either Einherjar or Nyzul (for tokens, but if we have some spark-geared players we can do Neo-Nyzul as well) around 7:30 PM Eastern. Einherjar I just need 3 people that have entrance access (ToAU mission... 17, I think? Right after you kill the Khim) to make a full party of 6 to run a tier 3 zone. Nyzul may require a little more of your attention!

The real Puppetmaster Vanity Mythic push begins now.

Always down for einherjar/nyzul runs, i'm only on floor 15.

keep it down up there!
Jun 22, 2006

How's it goin' eh?

Also working on a Mythic so I am def down for some semi nightly Ein.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Gah, I'll actually show up again once I stop hitting up the gil faucets in FFXIV. And/or when my group can actually down Turn 5. :(

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

I am down for neo-nyzul whenever. I want a thaumas coat. :saddowns:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G Prestige
Jul 11, 2008

Gruknor posted:

Each quest has a different Jeuno fame requirement. Some might be the same, but it usually increases by 1 fame rank per quest. The current gobbiebag limit is 80. So you would have to have done some quests to get fame. I doubt they changed that without telling anyone.

My character was brand new. I had just hit level 70 on Dragoon and had only done the Maat quests, chocobo quest and rank missions up to 5. Unless those counted towards it, I didn't do any other quests.