Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ToxicToast
Dec 7, 2006
Thanks, I'm flattered.
I really feel like logging in again after 8 years but wonder how easily I can reactive my old account. Since the last time I played was 2005/2006 I don't really remember much. I remember the server I was on, character name, but that is about it. I did not pay for the account back then, my Mom did. Would it be enough to just know the server, character name, and name of the person who paid?

By the sound of it, it does not even seem like having my cat girl would matter much. But I remember at the time being so proud being level 75 and having my Enhancing sword from the dragon named Bane? I think. I really just feel like running through the old zones and maybe leveling up some.

This game was horrible in so many ways but I still remember the good times I had with friends. Also, the music was great! For whatever reason every holiday when I go back home I always think of this game and the holiday version of the Jueno theme. I played this game way to much my last two years of high school and remember being one of the first 75s NA red mages on the server. I quit I think after Chains of Promitha came out because I think WoW just came out around then and so many people went over to that game. I never did get into WoW and stopped playing all together once I started college. I still have not played another MMO since this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToxicToast
Dec 7, 2006
Thanks, I'm flattered.
Dumb question but I have not bought a MMO on steam before. Are there any problems buying this one on steam? How does that then work with playonline? Or is it recommended to buy this anywhere else? Looks like the only way to buy it now is digitally. Would it be better to just buy the digital version on amazon?

ToxicToast
Dec 7, 2006
Thanks, I'm flattered.
I am totally bummed out. Called tech support and learned that my account was deleted because it had been inactive for so long. I had not played since 2005. I am still thinking about starting all over again but I mostly wanted to just spend time revisiting old zones and goofing off. How long does it take to get to ride the airship and go to Kazham, get to Jueno, things like that now? Could I do it all in a afternoon or two?

ToxicToast
Dec 7, 2006
Thanks, I'm flattered.
I guess I will go ahead and ask here and see if anyone else has had a similar experience. Today I called up support to try to activate my old account. I did not know my playonline account info but I still had the original instruction booklet with the playonline access code.

After being on the phone with them for a while they told me my Play Online Account had been deleted on their side so there was no way to access any information at all. I ended up buying the game again today and setting up a Square Enix account then put in a request to get my character brought back.

Has anyone had any experience with getting an account back or character at least with a situation like this? I have looked online and have not seen this happen to anyone else.