Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Patch is up, BGWiki is making GBS threads itself thanks to all the traffic.

Official patch notes.

Datamined page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

For those subscribed, Login Campaign #5 begins on November 10th. Notable items include Yggzi shards and +2 empyrean armor items.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

They changed Coin weapons somewhat wherein there's a path that doesn't require NM killing, haven't heard anything about Ochain (or other R/M/Es).

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Transfered over to Quetz, in as Hachiiiiii (six i's).

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

So I'm starting to catch up on SoA as much as I can while solo, have almost all ilvl 109 bayld gear, and I'm wondering where do I go from here? Skirmish I/II seem like they'd be fun, but seeing as how Skirmish II is Content Level 114, I don't think I'd be able to do much in there, given how I can go on a Hurkan shout and missmissmissmissmissmissmissmiss the simple trash mobs. Delve's an idea but I'm equally unsure that I'll be able to do anything in there either.

I play MNK, DNC, and would like to tool around more on my SCH, so I'll probably get gear for them next. I also like playing COR but I have no idea what's up with the job anymore and pretty much never shoot bullets because I'm cheap/poor, though I've seen groups shout for CORs that have Requiesat, which is odd to me, but hey I have that too.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Possibly. But me getting about a 1 out of 4 hit rate during a WKR is actually a thing that happened, so I was wondering if I was doing it wrong or if I was missing something. Admittedly, I wasn't in a party and getting buffs, but I imagine a lot of people who showed up when they thought they were going to get a quick win weren't either.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Majumbo posted:

Are you using new weapons with the giant +weaponskill mods? Those essentially bring your skill level up to what it would be if your character level were the level of the gear you are wearing. That makes a pretty big difference when trying to hit the higher level stuff.

Using the Camraderie Knuckles at the moment, yeah. I figured that was also part of the equation, and while doing WKR and Skirmish and whatever else I should probably be a good player and pick up sushi while I'm at it.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

I'd be all over a Skirmish group or NNI! MNK, DNC are my most geared, I also have WAR, SCH, RDM at 99.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

frodnonnag posted:

So Something is going down soon.
http://www.playonline.com/pcd/topics/ff11/detail/11227/detail.html

from what BG is talking about, they're giving away some old 75 content gear.

Free item if you were subscribed for certain dates as a thank you. Most notable items include Ridill, Nightfall, Nocturnes Gear. Choice of 50k CP-type or guild points. 50 seals (including SKC). 3 Rem's tales.

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/118737-Dev-Tracker-Discussion?p=5959579&viewfull=1#post5959579

English translation here. If the only dates you need be subscribed are between October 1st and November 30th, I'm going to laugh as I pick up a Byakko's Haidate just to toss it for funsies.

Majumbo posted:

That was fun <Skirmish> last night! We should do more. Also I would like to get the Dagger from Cirdas sometime soon so may need some hands willing to do a few runs of that. I will give away all the other weapons and the ghastly stones that drop for me to the people that want them.

It totally was fun and I am down for Cirdas/Rala Skirmish, however I am greedy and want fists/dagger/sword/non-SMN staff. Shouldn't take that long regardless with tier 3s.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Paladine_PSoT posted:

How easy is it to get bayld? Would it be worth it to get the 50k bayld and update to gear quick over say, genbu's shield or some other toy I've always wanted to have? I could get the 99 high end club and robe for my RDM with that.

Also, are there still leveling/merit parties going on and easy to get into? I think I'm stuck at level 92 or something.

Bayld is obscenely easy to get so long as you can make it to Yorcia Weald, as then you can do bayld farm parties in Skirmish and get about 30,000 with less than 15 minutes work, 20 if the party has to buy and assemble full pop sets (~15k-18k gil at bare minimum). The trick is that getting to Yorcia Weald requires Watercrafting (easy) and Climbing (hard if reives are up), but once you have that all you need is Sneak/Invis.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

There's still Worm party shouts every night, occasional "come key for me in Abyssea-Uleguerand" shouts. Any other bit of levelling is scarcer, but currently there's a double EXP bonus going on until December 2nd. And yes, once you start decking yourself out in ilvl gear you will annihilate pre-SoA content.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Ah, and in response to earlier- I'll also be up, around, and down for more Skirmish tonight, any kind any where.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Kongming posted:

CoP is definitely a push over, even though you didn't mention it. I think the only thing that is still annoying to solo are the 4 pots in Garden of Ru'hmet because of the AoE magic spam.

Most of the SoA gear has huge amounts of magic evasion so you're going to be getting a ton of partial resists, so this should be more managable.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Double post but who gives a poo poo-

This morning was the FFXI Lounge with Matsui and two guests, where they talk about and show upcoming content. The next patch is on December 11th. Of things that I either saw or heard about :

They showed off BCNMs against Ark Angels- first Ark Angel EV, who they beat. I missed it but they also did a level 99 Divine Might with only 6 people, they lost. Last thing in the broadcast was them fighting a "very difficult" setting Ark Angel MR and they died there too, Matsui's WAR missed 99% of his attacks against it.

FFXI is getting mercenaries/bodyguards/NPC helpers or however you want to put it. Unlike the Adventuring Fellow, these don't use the pet slot but actual party slots. They follow you and fight alongside you. They summoned three of them: Kupipi, Ayame, and Nanaa Mihgo. You're not limited to just one- the broadcast summoned one after another, so effectively they had a 4 person party. Prepare for dozens of Shantottos running around. Don't know if this is making it in for the Dec. 11th patch.

Some monstrocity stuff and Mog Garden things I don't even know.

edit: Or you can find out information about everything they showed on the video right here!

more edits: "Increase player movement speed Increase monster and pet movement speed" What? "Make changes so that all jobs can use Wide Scan so that NPCs can be located more easily" What?????

Eight-Six fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Nov 27, 2013

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Majumbo posted:

Also monster speed is being increased along with player speed it says. Like the whole game is going to be 25% faster or something?? That could totally mess up some kiting by making it impossible to get spells off before the monster reaches you...

On the bright side, it's a stealth nerf to NNI? :v:

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

The crossover event between FFXI, FFXIV, and Dragon Quest X has been announced! While I haven't touched Monstrocity yet, I'll definitely participate now if I can be a Spriggan.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

S-E made a hype trailer for the December update next week! Featuring good ol' PlayOnline music. :3:

Eight-Six fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Dec 6, 2013

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Patch notes!

Datamining currently underway.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Reportedly, if you collect each of the Naakual paragon items (that you get for doing the Naakual Eminence quests), you're then able to select an item from Hurkan/Kumhao/Yumcax as well as the 115s from the first three Naakuals. Don't know where you turn them in, probably an Eminence NPC.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Painful Dart Bomb posted:

In regards to skilling up, I know the general strategy was always to target mobs 10ish levels above the current skill level. Is that because there's some kind of penalty for fighting mobs above that range, or is it just because normally you wouldn't have enough acc to hit them? With the new ilvl weapons, should I stick to the 10 lvl rule or just whack away at harder mobs as long as my acc stays capped?

The farther away something is from your relative skill level, the faster you get skill ups. Or so I've been led to believe. That's why it's encouraged to find a wide enough disparity and then make up the difference with +accuracy. However, with the introduction of ilvl gear and massive amounts of +skill on it, the best thing to do is get your hands on an ilvl weapon you want to train in, and then go whack worms in a party like frod said. My Greatsword skill is only 190-ish, and while training it in a worms party with Kaquljaan equipped, I've got more than enough skill to hit 90%+ of the time while getting frequent skill ups.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

There's word that there's going to be revamps for AF3 like how AF1 got the i119 treatment, so odds are that AF3+2 will require the least amount of new materials.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Gah, I'll actually show up again once I stop hitting up the gil faucets in FFXIV. And/or when my group can actually down Turn 5. :(

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Skirmish III is slated to take place in the new area, hope you still have your Skirmish II stuff still around.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Patch note link, for the lazy.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

There's no particularly quick way to sum up that the game has changed an enormous amount. The old ways are dead, long live FFXI. This details just about every change to the game since Abyssea launched in 2010.

The short version to some of your answers: you'll want to hit level 99, you want to do Records of Eminence quests to get Sparks, which you use to get some really drat good gear for almost no effort, and depending on your jobs you'll want to solo Dynamis or Salvage II to sell currency/alexandrite.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Get ready for Merit Points 2: Merit Harder. And you won't be able to get them from Abyssea.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

DizzyBum posted:

Where does it say you can't get Job Points in Abyssea?

Also, it seems they're finally enabling combat and magic skillups in Campaign battles. Something they should have done years ago, but hey, every little bit helps.

Unoffically translated dev post on BG. In the discussion thread is someone saying that the German community-dev post says the monsters have to be level 96+, which means you could probably find some mobs in Heroes Abyssea zones to do it, but I'm not sure I would count on it.

e: f, b

EXP in Adoulin zones is alright, get a chain going and you'll be hitting 1k per mob easily in Ceizak, probably more in Outer Ra'Kaznarwhatever. If they do another double EXP weekend when Job Points are out you could clean house.

Eight-Six fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Mar 6, 2014

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

March 18 is the date for the next patch, some details here.

Next login campaign starts Monday, don't forget to spend your current points before Sunday. Empyrean gear is up next for a reforging so start +2ing your poo poo.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Last minute QoL stuff,, only thing that's new-new is lower merit point cost for AA2/DM2/Zilart2 BCNMs. JSE trading confirmed 3 capes for 1 you want. Can see the prices of things you're selling on the AH at the same time you're inputting the sale price.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Patch notes! Of particular hilarity:

quote:

* The items required to reforge [Relic leg and chest pieces] must be obtained in the obscured domains added to Delve, but due to unforeseen circumstances, players will not be able to enter them as of March 18. We apologize for the inconvenience and ask for your patience. We plan to rectify this issue during scheduled maintenance toward the end of the month.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Oh it's fine I just thought it was curious/funny. Not like I'm doing any Delve anytime soon (though I'm working on buying my way into 119).

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Any goon willing to cleave my BRD to 99 for gil? Tired of helping Abyssea parties that go to poo poo once I change out of my DD jobs, figured I'd throw the offer out here first before shouts.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Gruknor posted:

Use trust npcs, GoV/FoV manuals and RoE quests. That should get you levels very quickly. Brd has debuff songs and buffs songs to help you level faster. If you rely on just your brd meleeing, it will probably take forever at lower levels till you get better gear options. Just a word to the wise, you will need to get a level 90 or 99 daurdabla before you can really call yourself a good brd. Gjallarhorn helps a lot, especially with ballad's, but daurdabla is game changing for a brd. That is not something you need to worry about till your brd is level 99 and you have all five aoidos' +2'd, and at least the aoidos' necklace.

I know how to level, I just don't feel like taking 2-4 weeks to do so for the 9th time, much less for a job that sucks poo poo at DDing even with trusts.

Eight-Six fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Mar 24, 2014

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

CubsWoo posted:

What level is your BRD and how much are you offering?

35 and 2 million.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

So this popped up in a Japanese thread about the new "job-specific weapons." Of note are two things: one is that RUN and GEO are slated to get another round of JSW's in May that are, as claimed by Google Translate, "mythic equivalent," shown at the bottom. The other is a harp and dagger for the 4/8 update; the harp only has +1 songs, the dagger reportedly has Dmg:102, Delay:200, AGI+10, Evasion+22, Dagger/Parrying Skill+242, M.Acc skill+188, Enmity-10, Weapon Skill Damage+5%, and TH+1.

Eight-Six fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Apr 3, 2014

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Patch notes!

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Corsair gets a Hexagun! :)

...:smith:

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Is there something I'm missing as to why SE put job testimonies into the next login campaign?

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Weapon Skill adjustments.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

ghostinmyshell posted:

I need help. I hit level 15 on my character on my private server and then camped Leaping Lizzy for three hours. :smith:

You need help? Like, you want a party? :v:

It's always been a great regret of mine that I didn't beat CoP when it was hard. If I'd ever join a private server, it'd be to do exactly that, level caps and all.