Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

The merit point cost of Phantom Gems has not actually gone down, the gently caress. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

True... however I could have done the same fight 4 times with maxed out merit points without spending them on increasing my merit point capacity if they were actually 10 per phantom gem.

Plus, I mean, it's right there in the patch notes.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

LiquidFriend posted:

You could of, but the AA instance was super congested and the other battlefields were hardly ever used. That's why the other battlefields are cheaper cost and they've dropped some items into them.

I am a dumb-rear end poo poo motherfucker who can't read!

Do people care about the items that aren't in Stellar Fulcrum/Celestial Nexus? Honest question- at a glance it looks like Scuffler's cosciales, Sifahir Slacks (if you don't have Nares), Ptica headgear, mmmmmmmaybe Karmesin Vest if you're RUN and aren't using i119 AF1, Tengu-no-Obi? Though now that the Seraphicaller/Divinator also drop from those battlefields, they'll pick up in popularity for shout groups... maybe, perhaps, possibly.

Unrelatedly: soloing Horns of War/NQ Behemoth on RUN/WHM with only i109 AF and Aettir feels like sacrilege, but now that I know I can do it, looks like I'm farming a d.ring given time.

Eight-Six fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Jun 18, 2014

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Gruknor posted:

The blue chests that drop have temp items that can help you out in a pinch. The brown chests can have armor or some other stuff that you can use or sell. Chests are really helpful. Good luck, and make sure to use ffxiah, bg-wiki, and ffxiclopedia.

As an aside to this-- the best EXP (alongside Records of Eminence quests) will come from doing Grounds of Valor, which is exclusively dungeon-type areas. The brown chests that have armor/other stuff (and most importantly, a higher drop rate) mostly pop in field areas, ie. Fields of Valor places.

In short you'll mostly be upgrading weapons using Sparks gained from Records of Eminence quests and armor that you get from brown chests in FoV areas.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

It's actually happening

quote:

Job adjustments will also make a splash, including an arsenal of new spells for red mages, such as Haste II; increased buffing capabilities for geomancers with Indi-haste and Geo-haste spells; and a plethora of new blue magic spells for you to learn and drown your foes with!

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Condiv posted:

I would be down to do some Raz skirmishes with goons as I'd like to get some of the 119 gear since I have yet to get into any Delves and such.

This also is a thing I am up for, MNK/3 song BRD/SCH/BLM ready.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Rumor is that Haste II is 30% magic haste. If it's Accessionable, goddamn. Same if BLU's incoming Erratic Flutter is also akin to Haste II and can be Diffusioned.

Is it now time to get our RDM on?????????????

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Taken as a whole, I can't imagine RDM being a burden with all the newer stuff. If 30% magic haste is true, Haste II alone is better than double March unless a Bard uses a 99 Gjallarhorn. Then there's also the -EVA/MEVA debuff, Snapshot spell for RNG/COR, Dia III, Refresh II, Slow II, the ability to at least do some magical nuking (although C+ Elemental magic skill).

But I always was an optimist. I'll take one for the team and build parties post-patch and take RDMs and see how it goes.

edit: this reminds me that the devs added Immunobreak to the game hahahah

Eight-Six fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Jun 26, 2014

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Sadly I'll be out of town this weekend and I have XIV raiding on tuesdays/wednesdays. However I'm sure there'll be multiple runs of this stuff.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Relatedly, how easy is it to solo Rala Skirmish? I realized I want a Lehbrailg+2 MACC staff but don't even have the NQ, so doing Yorcia for a chance at a translurry (or whatever it's called) is something I'd also help with.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

I massacred the poo poo out of 1/1/1 Rala, got a Lehbrailg on the first run, and upgraded it with a translurry I had lying around. Still up for doing Yorcia runs to fill in some holes in my Skirmish armor sets, namely Cizin gear.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Zero The Hero posted:

I feel like I'm missing something. The only Skirmish I've done is Yorcia Weald, and it seemed like you'd need 2 players minimum, one to hunt nests/noetics, and one to defend while the first was roaming. How exactly are you managing to solo Skirmish?

Ceizak/Rala skirmishes have different requirements: they're "defeat X monsters" and "defeat x NMs" respectively.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

No Idris/Epeolatry, 4/10.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Gruknor posted:

Anyone up for getting some skcnm pages 1-5? I was thinking friday 8/15 and saturday 8/16, we farm pages for people who need them. We could probably do Difficult with Alanse having an ochain. I can come as brd. We just need a healer and some dd.

Sure, I'll show up and punch things to death.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Oh hell yeah, I haven't even seen the latter 3 battlefields. Count me in. (MNK, BLU, eminent/terp BRD)

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

poo poo, I may actually farm Alex again due to this.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

frodnonnag posted:

This exploit has been patched, and i highly suggest not being a cheating dirty bastard in salvage for a good long while.

No, I mean, legit farming. :v:

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

A+ daggers on Dancer, now they're a viable frontline job with great support right?

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

I will at least say that, because I didn't play in the prime of FFXI and did most/all of the story content after the level caps were removed, it's fun to me to do the re-tuned fights, such as Ark Angels and the Zilart bosses- haven't done i119 Shadowlord yet, but I'm looking forward to it.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Transferred to Asura. In as Hachiiiiii (six i's). Can I also get an invite for Teakwood? Both of us are in West Adoulin by the AH.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

There goes my gil-making venture in Alexandrite! :argh:

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Hivac posted:

I just want to be a person with cool clothes that does things with cool swords :negative:

They call that Blue Mage.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

What content level are Alluvion Skirmishes? They seem like a great way to get caught up on i119 armor and weapons fast.

Also, can someone give a first-hand explanation of how Yorcia Alluvion skirmishes work? Or rather, who's expected to do what and if these things are lowmannable (2-4 people).

Eight-Six fucked around with this message at 04:43 on May 19, 2015

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

For further clarification, your chance to learn blue magic spells depends on both your level and your blue magic skill. BLU AF1 gloves give a bonus to learning, as well.

Level your blue magic skill. Cast Foot Kick and Power Attack on everything.

Get every spell. There are typically high level versions of monsters that you can get the lower level spells from, so don't worry about outlevelling much.

Eight-Six fucked around with this message at 21:26 on May 28, 2015

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Blue Magic Hunting Grounds. A decent bible for 98% of spells.

Prothescar's Blue Mage Guide. The best BLU repository of knowledge until he pastes a new thread about it on BG.

If you rushed BLU to 99 and absolutely have to use it for Adoulin content NOW, get these spells first:

Quadratic Continuum
Delta Thrust
Barbed Crescent
Empty Thrash
Heavy Strike
Thrashing Assault
Sudden Lunge

Nature's Meditation
Erratic Flutter
Battery Charge
Winds of Promyvion

Molting Plumage
Blazing Bound
Fantod

This gives Dual Wield III, Triple Attack +5%, Store TP +10, Auto-refresh, and includes spells that give Refresh, Attack +20%, and Haste II. Requiescat into Chain Affinity Quad C. gives Darkness, Savage Blade into Chain Affinity Thrashing assault gives Light. You will be only physical-based but you can fake Skirmish, WKRs, and some delves like that.

That being said, learn every spell, BLU is also stupid good with magic when built around it. Subduction is a sickeningly great spell. Occultation gives you ridiculous amounts of shadows, gently caress /NIN. Debuff the poo poo out of things with Bilgestorm. Shoot lasers with Rail Cannon. Stunlock the poo poo out of everything with Sudden Lunge. Magic Hammer your MP back. In exchange for your soul you'll be the most baller job in the game.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Of the things that are still JP midnight waits, ToAU AF quests are still among them.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

World transfers are discounted until June 1st.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Right as the double XP/CP campaign ends on the first of June, it'll start back up June 2nd. Let the good times roll.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Wasn't there something about how one salvage zone still had a 24 hour lockout or was it all misinformation/confusion?

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Ah, right, yes.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Terrible idea. You won't enfeeble for poo poo and other jobs have better benefits. MNK would sub WAR for double attack/berserk/warcry, WAR would sub SAM for Hasso and boatloads of Store TP. Then again there's a lot of noise about WAR Fencer builds lately, but even so you're probably better off subbing RUN if you wanted enspell damage since that also gives you elemental resistance and a wide range of defensive buffs.

Eight-Six fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Jun 7, 2015

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

I was definitely remiss in not mentioning /DNC, it's a great all-around soloer subjob and can give any melee DD survivability in Alluvion Yorcia Skirmish (although /nin is probably better for guaranteed shadows though, especially against single butterfly Escalents).

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Wrong

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Still need Ochain/Aegis to tank anything relevant?

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Gruknor posted:

Ochain at level 90 and an Aegis are probably bare minimums for a pld tank that wants to be good at their job and get invited to end game stuff. Pld can get away with that Oborororororo JSE shield and maybe another shield. I do not play pld, so I might be wrong about this. Runefencers can tank, but you need a lot of the empy armor to make the job easier. I know you did not ask that, but I felt like saying it.

I'm always interested in RUN tanking, but never really felt like it was wholly viable, however I did start nodding off about the time AF3 reforging was a thing, so it's good to know.

Also good to know that Savory Shanks are now sendable within account.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Dubious posted:

what happens in that time

The last chapter of Rhapsodies of Vana'diel will be released sometime in November, and it's the last content update for FFXI as we know her. After that they'll still do some balance changes and probably keep doing login campaigns but that's all, just number arranging.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Do these servers still have level-capped CoP areas? I know some servers are working on getting GEO/RUN in, and another has home point warping, so I'm not sure how much of the modern conveniences are around.

Basically I'd like to get my nuts crushed in a vice and do CoP The Hard Way at least once.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

Suitaru posted:

As a person who did this: don't do this.

I get that a lot.

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

So, scholar. I figure that their ability to skillchain at range with spells to set up magic bursts is part of why they're popular these days, but I'm curious as to the particulars. Do they skillchain with tier-IV/V nukes, or is the damage from that negligible? Is the B+ Elemental rank a huge issue for accuracy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eight-Six
Oct 26, 2007

frodnonnag posted:

The big thing is that skillchain magic bursts(with proper enfeebles from run, cor, geo, and rdm) can hit really hard. With proper setups my smn can do savage blade into flaming crush for light, with a meteor strike for mb. The flaming crush will do 50k+ light will do 50k+ and burst will do just as much, if not more. Frequently i cap damage for all three. Without skillchaining i might do 10 to 30k unbuffed, with more consistent and higher damage with buffs.

Rayke, Gambit, Acumen/Langour, malaise, Frazzle III + dark shot, Wizards/Puppet's roll, I forget anything?

Also you have Apogee+1 everything!!