Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.

On3moresoul posted:

Well, on the bright side when severs do eventually go dark, you can look forward to more SA nostalgia threads and who knows maybe even unofficial servers and clients a la Project 1999 for EverQuest.

They already exist, though most are clunky and only have the first three expansions enabled. Though there is a huge push to get Wings fully put in recently. Playing with 3X Experience rates + Rings is pretty fun. Best feature so far I've seen on some servers is a fully stocked AH, players can put items in for lower prices but there will always be X item for a large price if needed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
Any deals going for character transfers?

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
I'll be transferring during the free login campaign next week. How does the npc party system work?
I had a merc, but now I see stuff like trusts and alter ego?

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
That sounds pretty neat, I'm transferring a 90ish DRG which is only half way done with the first story plot. So not much to worry about.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
Any tips for returning players from around Abyssea?

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
I'm buying a sub on Monday and a transfer when the deal hits. Also picking up Seekers.
I guess right now I should be working towards my final Limit Break, then clearing all the story content. I have DRG (94) RNG and DNC post 70 if I recall correctly. Can trusts be used in most areas or locked out of instances?

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.

Vil posted:

~Clipped~

Quick travel looks awesome. Are groups still required for the 95-99 unlock? Last I remember I was attempting to get the items required for the fight.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
Anything specific to get for the login event? Otherwise I'll attempt to get Ciphers.
Also, in-game as Deesan, can I get a pearl?

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
SoA unlocked, final Lb done. Thanks guys! Now to grind out 99 and get some ilvl gear to do story.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.

blablablabla posted:

Yeah no I wanted some good old, pull one crab at a time so a band of a few players could kill it. Oh well

I can do this now with NPC party members. Also about 15x faster. For more exp. Seriously getting 1.2 k exp per kill.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
DeeSan here, been in the process of buying a house. Hope to be back in game soon to get back to finally hitting 99 and going through all the story I missed from WoTG onwards.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
This is pretty much the bonus retainer slots in XIV. I honestly don't see why people are getting frustrated with this. No different than buying another character slot, isn't it?

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.

That hit me hard.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
Are private servers a big thing? Official servers seem lucky to clear 800 lately.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.

frodnonnag posted:

Asura caps at like 12-1500 evenings est. Its where all the cool kids are at.

Logged in, GetOut LS seems to be completely devoid of people? Was there an LS change?

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
Welp, back in as Deesan, stopped at DRG level 97. Think I'll level up SMN a bit.
Can you have trusts in summon fights?
Also why is Mhaura packed with people? 180 when I loaded in.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
Unlocked Garuda. Seven more Primes to go. Need to rank up Sandy next.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
Ranger useful or competitive at all for 99+ content? Trying to decide what to play. I can work on DRG, SMN is my pet project. DNC is 70ish and RNG is 60ish.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
Shiva down, I forgot how much I hate the zones leading up to it. Loving all the new save crystals though. Making travel faster over all. I've seen people on mounts other than Chocobos, how do I get one?

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
Got my Raptor last night. Also acquired Ramuh and Ifrit, second floor for the Mog House and unlocked Bluemage.
Went to get the quest for Leviathen but my faction with Tendo is too low to start the quest. Not seeing any available questsfor them.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.

Sprite141 posted:

How do summoners not have all the summons? I grabbed caitsith and atomos as soon as I finished WotG and it took like 10min.

I started doing Leviathen but then realized I couldn't actually get to it. The path to it suuuuucks.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
Looks pretty neat. I prefer the XI aesthetic over XIV, almost HD Models are cool.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
Okay, the bug bit me and reactivated. Planning on working on Summoner, rather than just unlocking summons. Any guides that are up to date for leveling? Summoner 22 at the moment. Grinding out Blood Pact gains for Summoning Skill in Vulkrum Dunes.
Also Get Out shell is very quiet, is this still the active shell?

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
Thanks a ton for the link! I'd appreciate an invite to the discord at some point. I'm Deesan in game.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.

Worked just fine! Thank you.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
Starting to do RoV, they really escalated the level requirements for the popped fights. Did everything up to the Escha fight on low level summoner. BAM dead. Luckily have a slightly geared 97 Dragoon. About to do the Jungle fight next. Other than that it's been a treat so far.
But teleporting is getting expensive.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
I'm about to start doing Dynamis. Any changes that are worth knowing about? I know these a no-subjob proc thing for currency drops and there's a few more zones now?

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.

Paladine_PSoT posted:

I hate to be all "read the loving manual" but by wiki has 100% of what you're looking for. https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:Dynamis

I've read through it, seems like a bunch of features aren't used or half put in. Guess I should phrase it more like "is anything in it worth doing as a non bot outside of white proc for currency?" there's a poo poo ton of systems in XI that aren't really used anymore it seems. Would it be a waste trying for relics/artifacts in this system. Is there a more specific an efficient ways to do so?
I saw no one for Besieged for example, looks like dead content.
BCNM aren't done, at least I've seen no shouts for it.
Pushing through Promathia missions to get access to Sky to do some fights I only barely touched way back when.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.

Brass posted:

It's just interesting to see familiar old models. I think they added them for nostalgia purposes, not just to save time alone.

Seeing those models reminds me of how badly I still want FFXI 2.0, or like a remastered version with HD graphics.
Good news, Nexon is making it for phones.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
Also if anyone is worried about time investment just to get to high levels? Don't worry. It took me less than two hours to go from 15 to 50 with trusts. It would have been faster had I not gotten lost and ran in a circle for twenty minutes.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.

Frog Act posted:

I completely forgot about limit breaks, got my af1 and 2, then couldn’t equip the boots, now I’m pausing my AF quests to do this long rear end sneaking through garlaige crawlers nest and a place I’ve never been

Then I’ve gotta do all of delkfutts and two promyvions, there’s so much content needed do even the halfway mark basic advancement stuff
Full FFXI experience.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
New expansion content coming on the way.
http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/resurgence/

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.

Kazy posted:

In case anyone's wondering, everything on that site is already in the game. :v:

Part 3 isn't!
Honestly surprised it's getting story content for the last part considering the dev team being tiny.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
I still remember a Whm/Thf that hung around mid-level zones just raising people of they died. Her whole thing was "A raise in a flash!" but she got poo poo on by most LSs at the time. Never asked for money, just liked raising people.

Ended up partying with her a few times in the lolDRG day since she got black listed for a while for never changing off /Thf. People in XI were lovely in the old days and stuck in the JP style of game play mindset. I remember trying to convince party members killing a bunch of EP would be faster/safer exp than killing one or two IT in the same amount of time. Promptly got kicked from that party for trying to troll. This was preWotG era.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
You can do 1 to 99 solo without ever doing Skill Chains or Spell Bursts.
Sam and Dancer can self chain and some trusts can spell burst.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
Lion, the ARKs, Prishe, Tenzen and they could always go the Monster Hunter route and sell stuff based on armor sets instead of characters. XI has a very unique/deliberate style to it they could get away with it.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
The ranger concept art is one of my favorites. I'd love a figure of that Artifact set.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
With the exception of, I think, Abyssea you can bring Trusts (NPC party members) to most content. There's a wide variety of ways to teleport through the world as well as mounts to make over world travel faster. The game respects your time more pre-99 and still has a fairly active player base on a few servers. With Rasphodies of Vanadiel you get a variety of passive bonuses as you complete it's quests that further make the game easier.

I made a fresh character a while back and other than the limit breaks, which people will help you with, I got a 99/49 character in less than two months of semi-casual play. I had a few long days of playing mixed in trying to get JP midnight unlocks done. This also includes chunky cuts of old content being unlocked, like most of CoP and ToA. All mostly solo with Trusts.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
That's freaking awesome. I still regret not grabbing the City wallets when I had the chance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
Realistically, if you partner up with goons for some help you can do three expansions worth of content in 30 days. If you're powering through maybe half that. I did then first set of content and first two expansions in about three weeks. I burned out on Treasure of AhtUrgant but plan to go back to it soon.

That help is for Limit Breaks and maybe opening a door for you on some quest steps.

Basically you hit level 5, unlock Trusts. These are summoned party members that are your level when summoned. The Trusts can carry you through most content sans a handful of fights. Do the Rasphodies of Vanadiel (RoV) quests to unlock more Trust slots and fast track subjob unlock. Then decide where to go from there.

You can also just do your main country story, do some ROV content and get to level 99 (then Item Level increase to 117) first and do story like that. It is super quick for old content now other than the occasional "wait 1 in-game day" or Japanese Midnight.
Assura server goons are super helpful.