Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

I tried out the trial after not playing since 2005ish and I want more. Anyone have a gold pass? I think I want to play on Bahamut or any of the somewhat populated but not crazy populated servers, so I'm open to whatever

e: Also, is there a current goon discord? There's nothing FFXI related in the various other discords I'm in

biceps crimes fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Oct 14, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

I'm jumping in after spending a few hours installing over the weekend. What server do goons play on? Should I just solo somewhere random and transfer later when I get to the point where you'd actually play with people?

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Thanks! I should be able to get in on a few hours after work

e:

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Asura is the server that basically all of NA is on - including most goons, because the ones that weren't ended up biting the bullet and transferring over. Transferring costs IRL cash and goons can get you a password to just start on Asura for functionally-free (1000 gil, aka "0.01% of one of the weekly income streams") so I'd vote for that

someone get this goon a Gold World Pass!

also we're all in the discord in the first post and there's a few guides kicking around somewhere - here's the one we collectively wrote for instance

Awesome! Thanks for the guide link. My character's name is xjesse on Asura

biceps crimes fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Jan 23, 2024

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Have been wearing my chocobo shirt and hat with a brass subligar that dropped. game owns.
Am already level 25 and I've spent a lot of time not leveling and just running around. The leveling speed is crazy compared to what I remember from almost 20 years ago. It's kind of nuts just running around these deadly zones I spent so much time grinding in without much danger and a full trust party. I think I might be hooked but I need to play more first to make sure

biceps crimes fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Jan 27, 2024

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Awesome!

e: nvm, answered my own question