Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

I started playing FFXI again for the first time since it came out and now I'm out killing leeches for hours trying to get a carbuncle's ruby how's everyone else's day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Wiki said it was. I'm gonna change farming zones next time though and see how it works out

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

For all you 11 nerds, Shantotto II is one of the login rewards this month so you should get her before she goes since she's like the best caster trust in the entire game.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Nope, you have until June 2 to get 300 points so just log on 3 times between then and now and you can get her

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

gently caress the leeches if only because there's an NM with a fuckin identical name who is way higher level because gently caress you

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Yeah he does that at low levels, it's great

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Leveling is extremely smoothed out in this game now, and that combined with the exp ring and the fact that we're in like a double exp week or something I forget, you'll level real fast right now.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Does anyone know a good resource or an alternative for Battlemod? Because I was out grinding capacity points with some folks and I really wanted to filter out combat text from the several people nearby and I can either
1: Use the normal in game text chat which is impossible to parse if I'm trying to say, magic burst with someone but does actually filter other players or

2: Use Battlemod which has much better text logs but is fuckin arcane to configure and if you Google it it's basically like people asking "wait how do you set these text filters" and like stack overflow it's just a bunch of people being really lovely about "why don't you try reading the documentation"

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Not that I'm doing high end content but I've gotten some conflicting information on whether or not casters should ever melee things. I've seen that there are some good weaponskills available to summoners that are worth getting but I've been told that caster melee just gives mobs TP and is a bad thing to do. Is that outdated information, or does it still hold up and if you don't wanna bonk things with a stick, how are you supposed to get TP? Or is it just a "you don't unless you're solo" sort of thing? I saw black mages can apparently get TP by casting but that's like a job specific ability that I don't think anyone else gets.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

CodfishCartographer posted:

If you're soloing then yeah as a caster you should melee, if only to get your trusts to do their thing. Caster weapon skills CAN deal solid damage, but will generally require you to make a gearset specifically for the weaponskill in order to get solid numbers. Generally while playing a caster meleeing won't accomplish much, but tbh you don't feed the monster THAT much TP, so who cares. If you're dtruggling with a specific fight then yeah, that extra bit of saved damage might help, but otherwise gently caress it, bonking things and doing flashy weaponskills is fun.

Well I also mean for some of the utility ones like Myrkr and some of the high end staff ones have debuffs attached. I also think there's something about the relic weaponskills but lol if i'm going to do a relic weapon any time soon.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Can't you get it from a Unity fight now? Is it even that hard to get anymore?

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

TTBF posted:

I'm going through all the Final Fantasies and am stuck wondering what to do for XI. I had fun with it back in the day but I don't think I ever made it past level 30. I've heard it's much faster nowadays. How long would it take to get through the story? Assume an hour or two on week days and up to five hours on weekends. Is it fast enough that a 14 day trial would do? Would the free thirty days from getting the game be enough?

Also does anyone know how free trials and the free thirty days interact? It says "free thirty days gameplay for new accounts" on the square store and I don't know if a free trial would count as a new account.

No way, not a chance I don't think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Real talk I dove into this game super casually and just followed a guide and did some basic roe stuff and I was tripping over so many sparks and so much gil it was spilling out of my rear end, powders and oils were zero tax on my budget you'll be fine