Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

amusinginquiry
Nov 8, 2009

College Slice
Is there a comprehensive resource for Windower commands anywhere? Specifically I'm having trouble getting some Send/LUA commands to work when multiboxing, trying to send commands to alts. I'm aware of the basic syntax but still have trouble.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

amusinginquiry
Nov 8, 2009

College Slice
Why does no one use actual words in Unity chat? All I ever see is "." and "/". I don't see any shouts in town about Unity things when they do. JP thing?

amusinginquiry
Nov 8, 2009

College Slice
Apologies if this gets asked constantly, but are goons on Asura actually that active in endgame stuff? Trying to decide if transferring before the discount ends is worth it.

amusinginquiry
Nov 8, 2009

College Slice
Started a character on Asura a few days ago, hit 99 yesterday. Is there anyone I can bug for a pearl? Will be on for a few hours. In game name is Chadsworth.

Right now I'm stuck on the RoE Intermediate quest step that has you kill a Wildskeeper Reive pokemon boss. Do people still regularly kill those?

amusinginquiry
Nov 8, 2009

College Slice
Yeah, I saw some shouts for WKR and got excited and went to buy the key items, then realized that. How salty were people with that mission design on original Adoulin release?

amusinginquiry
Nov 8, 2009

College Slice
I’ve been playing again recently. Last stretch I played I got WHM geared and a Yagrush, now working on SMN and got BLU good enough to solo/farm low tier junk. As others said, ffxi is still unique among MMOs, and even in comparison to its own history, the game right now is better than it has ever been in lots of ways. I play really casually and noncommittal, but with a friend and helping each other with various goals keeps things interesting.

But, it’s hard to overstate how loving terrible and stupid people are on Asura. Like 10 pothead retards just dominate /yells, and if it’s not them it’s mercs and cp bots.

Not to mention I have a hard time imagining some people handling the “Simon says” raid design of a modern mmo. Every single month, Ambuscade is pretty much brain dead easy and people still fail constantly. REMA PLDs with 500 mil worth of gear who have never subbed blu and have to look up a guide to make a simple spell macro, or still don’t understand how hate is generated in Ambuscade. Or DDs who join a VD shout and cant follow the simplest instruction of: don’t WS until the aura is down.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

amusinginquiry
Nov 8, 2009

College Slice
Oh I completely agree. Modern fights that seem complex until you memorize them or ingrain muscle memory due to sheer repetition aren’t inherently better or more difficult. I’ve burnt out on xiv despite having a great group of players to raid with because of it, and enjoy ffxi’s design more overall. It’s just when ffxi players can’t follow the one instruction you gave them during the 10 minute wait/gather together before a straightforward fight that drives me nuts. XI obscures or just doesn’t convey simple mechanics at all, and provides very little player feedback other than death or failure, so it’s understandable, but frustrating nonetheless.

Them’s the breaks with the pug lyfe I guess tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

amusinginquiry
Nov 8, 2009

College Slice
Can you ask them to make my inventory better, or at least remote into my desktop and help me get organizer to work with wardrobe 234